Starpery.com

Permatex has not worked on the tear on my silicone doll at all, what could I have done wrong?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Silicone Lover

Permatex has not worked on the tear on my silicone doll at all, what could I have done wrong?

Post by Silicone Lover »

I'm sure I did clean the tear with alcohol beforehand but not 100% sure.

I then squeezed out some of the Permatex and spread it onto the tear with a cocktail stick, and when finished I pushed her legs together to seal the tear.

I left her like this for months in a cardboard box with a plastic sheet over her.

I then got her out, opened her legs a little, and within a few seconds the tear opened up again.

I pulled off some of the Permatex and some of it has the consistency of jello, it's effortless to pull it apart. I don't get it because so many people seem to swear by Permatex for repairing tears in silicone dolls.

She wasn't stored in extreme heat or cold while the Permatex was setting.

I'm not sure why it has failed so badly. Does anyone know why?

I guess next I should try Silpoxy?

Here is a pic of the exact Permatex product I used, and the anal tear.

SAM_5900.JPG
SAM_5900.JPG (288.82 KiB) Viewed 292 times
SAM_5897.JPG
SAM_5897.JPG (298.64 KiB) Viewed 292 times
My Valentina Girl: viewtopic.php?f=586&t=142813
My makeup enhanced Busty Aichan: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=144593

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Re: Permatex has not worked on the tear on my silicone doll at all, what could I have done wrong?

Post by young guy »

Your description makes it seem like the adhesive didn't set up properly. Maybe the tube was old or past it's shelf life. You might try a new tube of adhesive. Silpoxy sets up somewhat harder than the surrounding silicone and you may not like how it feels in this particular spot. I have a body F Realdoll with an insert that split in a similar way just about the first time I spread her legs. The split is still there and exactly the same after almost 5 years; never got any worse. If I were to address it at all, I'd probably just put a thin coat of the Permatex over the split area to reinforce it a little. Hasn't ever seemed necessary, though.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

Nouchi
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Permatex has not worked on the tear on my silicone doll at all, what could I have done wrong?

Post by Nouchi »

I used this non expensive glue and fixed a vaginal tear on my Future Doll 162.
I got it on Amazon fr but i see you're in UK so shipping might be ok.
https://www.amazon.fr/Cl%C3%A9op%C3%A2t ... Y4ZUE?th=1
(seems they are out of stock right now :-()

I also used succesfully this professional product for my Sanhui 160 whose foot had many tears.
It made in Türkiye but it seems the have a selling point in the UK.
Soma Fix SE280 Universal silicone
Sans-titre-2.jpg
Sans-titre-2.jpg (109.96 KiB) Viewed 233 times
https://www.somafix.com.tr/Silicones-EN.html
Good luck
:glou:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Silicone Lover
I pulled off some of the Permatex and some of it has the consistency of jello

That is not an expected outcome for Permatex, as far as I know Silicone sealant doesn't have an expiry date
Did try some in a TPE doll once, cured solid but had an oily coating after a few months :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

When I repair TPE it is (to me at least) much easier. The TPE can be bonded or fused to the substrate with heat or chemicals.
Silicone however is a surface bond and a bit different. :(

Being a surface bond, surface prep seems to very important. The recommended surface cleaner is acetone, it really does a good job at eliminating any surface oils.
When I prep with acetone the bonds have held well, iso propyl alcohol just does not seem to clean well enough.

Also two component silicone seems to be a bit less sensitive to contamination.
The premixed stuff (tube repair material) appear to have less tolerance to the addition of foreign chemicals.
So lack of through surface cleaning may not only have impacted the bond, but led to the final result.

Finally you might have sealed her TOO well while waiting. Lacking water vapor they won't cure (that is why is does not go bad in a sealed tube).
So wrapping her in plastic and then sealing her in a box may have been like sealing the tube up.
A thin coat applied then allowed access to the air should have worked fine.

Just to be sure, test your Prematex. Apply a thin coat on a small non-doll test area, leave it open and wait to see it it cures.
If it does, then you just need to clean better, apply thin and allow air to it to get a good bond.
If it does not set up, get a new tube.

Just my two cents.
Cheers!
...W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS