sexyrealsexdolls.com

Assisted 'Free' Standing Techniques

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Assisted 'Free' Standing Techniques

Post by terabyte »

Adding to this thread, I found a heavy duty (30-40lbs) adjustable display stand, with a little modification and some 70lb counter weights Giselle (80lbs) can stand by leaning against the bar that runs across. Very easy to PS the bar out as well, and its base is far enough out of the photo to not be in the frame. You can find these on Amazon or any retail industrial supply store, they are sometimes called Mannequin stands, or handbag stands, or shirt displays.

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

Lots of creative ideas and techniques here with some great poses. So far, the focus in stands and supports seems to be on straight pipe and tubing. Haven't seen anyone mention conduit, specifically 1" EMT thinwall conduit which can be bought very reasonably at the home supply store along with the bender used to shape it. Benefits are numerous and include: 1) light weight and strong enough to support the full weight of the doll in fairly upright positions.
2) The threads on the conduit connection fittings match the threads in the pipe flanges shown here and are strong enough to support the conduit in leaned over positions.
3) Being low cost, learning how to shape it need not be an expensive endeavor, plus it can be reshaped at least a few times to use in subsequent poses.
4) If one piece isn't strong enough by itself, two can be shaped to match and hose clamped together with the end of each in it's own pipe flange mounting.

The main idea is affordability and being able to match the curves of the doll's pose plus it's thin enough to be entirely hidden by the doll's leg. If painted flat black (or a suitable background color), it could be made to blend in or easily removed with software. I imagine other people have already used this successfully, just didn't see it mentioned in this topic, so I thought I'd give it a plug.
IMG_20210509_101542307~2.jpg
IMG_20210509_101542307~2.jpg (805.34 KiB) Viewed 915 times
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

Shibari
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Shibari »

Great ideas. I like using props to make the picture look natural. For example, I took a picture as if we were playing pool. Of course she was waiting for her turn. I had just the corner of the table on one thigh, one hand holding the pool stick and the other her fingers were resting on the pool table. Sorry, no pic since I have my 5 posts to get full access. But I’ll share once I’m free ;)

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

One option would be using what ever support and remove that support from the picture by using e.g photoshop. That works with static pictures.

I use that technique in the picture below. The lady in yellow dress is leaning against the camera tripod which is removed from the picture.
whatafuck.jpg
whatafuck.jpg (85.4 KiB) Viewed 592 times
wtf-orig.jpg
wtf-orig.jpg (87.85 KiB) Viewed 590 times

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

MattUK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 am They can actually stand unaided, if you're willing to spend ages getting the balance just right. Both these pics are unaided:

Hannah7.jpg

Shower_3.jpg

Hard floors help, as do stiff joints (especially ankles). Hannah now has a floppy hip so probably couldn't pull off either of these now unfortunately.
Very true !!
I've gotten Mia to stand with her bolted on shoes .
But it took a while to get the balance right !

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Zippy81 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:27 am
Arthur1960 wrote:And the 'secret'? A simple but effective stand made up of some steel tubing bolted to a plywood base....
! That's genius Arthur! Is that a 3"pipe? Do think pvc pipe would work?
Pvc might work but I wouldn't trust it long term .
The current price of pipe .
I'd do 1/2 black iron pipe cleaned and painted.
The cost of iron versus 2 inch pvc which is what I would trust to support a doll leaning on it, probably cost about the same .
Pvc isn't as cheap as it used to be.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

MattUK wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 am They can actually stand unaided, if you're willing to spend ages getting the balance just right. Both these pics are unaided:

Hannah7.jpg

Shower_3.jpg

Hard floors help, as do stiff joints (especially ankles). Hannah now has a floppy hip so probably couldn't pull off either of these now unfortunately.
I did about a month ago get my doll to balance just on her feet, but yea getting that perfect balance is real tough, which is why I haven't done it again. The key for me was the screw studs I'd bought for her feet. It really helped her stand in the carpet.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

INFORMATIONS