Starpery.com

Large bubbles o soft thinning spots on breast

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
MadScience72
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Large bubbles o soft thinning spots on breast

Post by MadScience72 »

Please any help with this would be amazing. My WM164cm F cup started developing large what look like bubbles on her gel breast. One has even burst and all of what I'm assuming is gel leaked all over. What could cause this and for goodness sake can it be repaired? After trying to repair the hole the entire breast skin seems to be broken down and glue or the 3m solvent will not hold at all. I tried to put an implant in and even the heat gun soldering iron method just will not hold.She is my favorite doll and I just want to help her. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (130.75 KiB) Viewed 324 times
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (46.27 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Today I am no longer a prisoner of your reality.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Large bubbles o soft thinning spots on breast

Post by Wheezer »

I really don't like to give bad news ... but I do not see this as very good. :(

Compared to the ribcage of the doll, the breast area looks dry and with visible stress/stretch marks. This is NOT normal on TPE.
This sadly looks like TPE breakdown, something that is hard to fix and generally does not have a good prognosis.
I have seen this on some older WM dolls with a similar tan TPE blend.
Sorry to say that.

Normally oil MIGHT help, but already it sounds like she is past that, since the TPE is breaking down to the point where the breast filling is coming out.
Since you mentioned that 3M and even heat will not cause the TPE to bond, then it pretty clear that there may not be too much hope.
See if you can seal the empty breast material using just a hot soldering iron.

If that does not work, then you may have lost the breast, but the rest of the doll may be OK.
Test her feet, neck or other area to see if the TPE will flow and rebond with a soldering iron.
If the rest is OK, then you COULD remove the breasts and rebuild them.
However you would need to insure ALL of the bad TPE is removed first.

Now .. all of this is based upon the assumption that this is a legitimate WM doll and a bit older.
A bit more data on the age or the doll, where you got it and how you have cared for it up to now would help.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Dang, that has to be up there with the worst damage ever 8O

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Well I think the worst one so far was the issue HERE (viewtopic.php?t=163981).
A sad case of DO-ASK-IGNORE.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yeah, that was really bad, the melting dolls were awful to look at also but I'm not keeping tabs on these disasters, value my sanity :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

To me a disaster is just as important as a perfect repair post.
It helps remind me and others that all repair efforts are not simple and work perfectly the first time.
Usually it is fix .. almost there ... once more .. almost there ... then all is good.

Most shows and tutorials seem to give the impression of one and done.

Cheers!
... W ...

MadScience72
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by MadScience72 »

Thanks Wheezer for the response. She is about 10 months old, purchased from Annie's Dollhouse and she is a verified WM doll. As far as care goes I cleaned her weekly, after about one week of having her sit with me on the sofa I noticed several poke throughs on her fingers. Not due to poor handling I am very careful with her. Then her joints got very loose very fast. The distributor after several attempts to get help told me the damage was from over oiling her. This came up after the first bubble or deformity appeared. For some reason I have zero success cleaning dust off dolls with anything but oil. I have tried soap of different varieties and nothing takes the think greyish slime off except oil.So is this my fault? I suppose it could be but I need to find answers so I don't ruin another one. Thanks again for input.
Today I am no longer a prisoner of your reality.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

OK .. just wanted to see if it was a real WM. Many vendors sell what they say are "WM " dolls, but are not.
As long as you got an info sheet and verified the code with WM you are all good.
Did you verify the code at the WM site HERE (http://wmdolls.com/anti/index.php)

Yet the rapid TPE breakdown and joints loosening so fast does make it appears to be a clone. :(
Some of those clones use an odd blend with more oil for softness which decreases longevity.
Also some vendors a get slippery when problems arise, but I guess that boat sailed already.

Oil is the general method for removing dust crud, but you can use other techniques.

For some high oil content dolls I use a diluted mix of purple degreaser and water.
Mist onto target area and then use a scrape tool to remove the muck.
You just want a bit of liquid to get the powder mobile, the scrape action brings it up and removes it.
Spraying or washing alone sometimes does not fully remove excess powder.

Several posts and threads a while back about scraping and powder removal.

Hope it helps.
Cheers!
... W ...

INFORMATIONS