www.thecityofsexy.com

Gynoid repair kit test observations

Gynoid Technology Limited is a high-tech. company focusing on the R&D of super-simulation beauty art collectibles,high-end mannequin, super realistic solid silicone dolls and artificial intelligent robot girlfriends. It is a perfect combination of the top international artists in the field of digital and human body sculpting, a well integration of the traditional art of sculpting and the 3D digital modeling, We starting from the prototyping to hand painting, taking care of each and every detail of our products. Our products adopts food-grade platinum silicone,alloy plus engineering plastic bones (keeping the ergonomics design in mind,we achieved the full-body joints mobility to its extreme ranges, including the articulation of finger joints). top-level styling, real-value experience...we can do more beyond your imagination. www.thecityofsexy.com
donnie12
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Gynoid repair kit test observations

Post by donnie12 »

I'm sure the doll masters here will tell you that the type of adhesive you use for repairs matters depending on doll material. Obviously different off-the-shelf adhesives are required for TPE vs. Silicone, etc. My own experience trying to repair my solid silicone doll with Silpoxy was probably not anything new to the forum. However, I read here that newer higher end dolls with 'soft' silicone skin may not fare so well with standard silicone glues because of the 'blend' of silicone. With that in mind, I made sure I ordered a 'repair kit' with my new Gynoid.

As it is, my Gynoid had a small tear boo boo (totally my fault of course) that I intend to attempt to repair maybe this weekend when I have time. I promised myself I would not neglect those little boo boos like I did on my previous doll because as you know they basically go from little, to big, to really bad. So I thought I'd test the 'repair kit' ahead of time to get a feel for what I would be working with and thought I'd share a few observations for what it's worth.

Here is a link as well to a demo video I found that was pretty helpful.

https://www.conquerdoll.com/post/demons ... repair-kit

Basically there are no instructions for the kit so the video was helpful to me. I mixed equal parts from each bottle and stirred for about 10 seconds or until it changed into a creamy peach color. Then I placed some mixture onto a plastic spoon to see what would happen and here are some observations I made.

1. The mixture itself was a bit more runny and not anywhere near as sticky as Silpoxy.

2. Thankfully there was no odor at all unlike that pungent silicone smell with silicone glue.

3. Working time is probably a few minutes or more. I set my timer for 3 minutes and it was still a bit tacky at this point. At 6 minutes it was touchable but I didn't want to press it. After about 10 to fifteen minutes it seems like it was dry and I could press on it but I left it in the spoon for about an hour after that.

4. I pulled it away from the spoon in one piece fairly easily so it obviously does not bond to plastic or metal (came off the butter knife I used to stir it as well).

5. As you can see in the last picture it is 'stretchy'.

Overall I'd say it is an interesting material and I am very curious how it will perform and bond on the actually repair but from what I have seen so far I have high hopes. I will post an update as to the actual repair but in the meantime if anyone wants to chime in with their experiences with the 'repair kit' that'd be cool.
Attachments
holding while stretching
holding while stretching
IMG_1422.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 1948 times
holding without stretching
holding without stretching
IMG_1421.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 1948 times
Removed from spoon
Removed from spoon
IMG_1415.JPG (2.39 MiB) Viewed 1948 times
mixture in plastic spoon
mixture in plastic spoon
IMG_1414.JPG (2.77 MiB) Viewed 1948 times

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Gynoid repair kit test observations

Post by justintime »

I will stick with Permatex. Silpox dries hard.. way to hard.
Permatex windshield adhesive is better. IMO
Attachments
hip04a.jpg
hip04a.jpg (38.65 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
hip04.jpg
hip04.jpg (30.34 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
hip05.jpg
hip05.jpg (36.63 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

donnie12
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Gynoid repair kit test observations update

Post by donnie12 »

So I had time to devote to some repairs. There were two repairs I wanted to address. The first one was what I would consider a bad tear, but not in a critical area on her finger. The second was not as bad, but was in a critical area near here vagina. Here are some pics of before and after. Sorry if they're a little fuzzy. I just took them with my phone and it had trouble focusing.

The crotch area repair was a little harder to do because of location and I couldn't decided if I should do the repair with the legs open or closed. I decided to do the repair with her legs open so the skin would be stretched to about as far it would in use.

The repair went well and the material seems to bond and hold really good. Like I stated before, the material is very 'stretchy' so it should have some play to it. When I closed her legs and returned her to a standing position it didn't look like it compromised the repair area. Now the big question is will the repairs hold? Dunno. But I'll keep an eye on it. I generally inspect her before I put her back in storage paying special attention to the soft breast and buttocks areas which I think is a good practice.
Attachments
Finger tear
Finger tear
IMG_1468.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1790 times
Finger tear second pic
Finger tear second pic
IMG_1469.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 1790 times
Finger repaired
Finger repaired
IMG_1475.JPG (1.88 MiB) Viewed 1790 times
Crotch area legs closed
Crotch area legs closed
IMG_1438.JPG (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1790 times
Crotch area legs spread
Crotch area legs spread
IMG_1440.JPG (2.05 MiB) Viewed 1790 times
Crotch area repaired
Crotch area repaired
IMG_1471.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 1790 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

It's very good that manufacturers are providing adhesives designed for specific types of doll materials :)

Silko
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Gynoid repair kit test observations update

Post by Silko »

donnie12 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:06 am So I had time to devote to some repairs. There were two repairs I wanted to address. The first one was what I would consider a bad tear, but not in a critical area on her finger. The second was not as bad, but was in a critical area near here vagina. Here are some pics of before and after. Sorry if they're a little fuzzy. I just took them with my phone and it had trouble focusing.

The crotch area repair was a little harder to do because of location and I couldn't decided if I should do the repair with the legs open or closed. I decided to do the repair with her legs open so the skin would be stretched to about as far it would in use.

The repair went well and the material seems to bond and hold really good. Like I stated before, the material is very 'stretchy' so it should have some play to it. When I closed her legs and returned her to a standing position it didn't look like it compromised the repair area. Now the big question is will the repairs hold? Dunno. But I'll keep an eye on it. I generally inspect her before I put her back in storage paying special attention to the soft breast and buttocks areas which I think is a good practice.
How is the repair holding up, it sucks to see a really expensive doll in that condition, Gynoid really needs to improve their durability and implement harden hands

GYNOID-TECH
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by GYNOID-TECH »

donnie12 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:11 pm I'm sure the doll masters here will tell you that the type of adhesive you use for repairs matters depending on doll material. Obviously different off-the-shelf adhesives are required for TPE vs. Silicone, etc. My own experience trying to repair my solid silicone doll with Silpoxy was probably not anything new to the forum. However, I read here that newer higher end dolls with 'soft' silicone skin may not fare so well with standard silicone glues because of the 'blend' of silicone. With that in mind, I made sure I ordered a 'repair kit' with my new Gynoid.

As it is, my Gynoid had a small tear boo boo (totally my fault of course) that I intend to attempt to repair maybe this weekend when I have time. I promised myself I would not neglect those little boo boos like I did on my previous doll because as you know they basically go from little, to big, to really bad. So I thought I'd test the 'repair kit' ahead of time to get a feel for what I would be working with and thought I'd share a few observations for what it's worth.

Here is a link as well to a demo video I found that was pretty helpful.

https://www.conquerdoll.com/post/demons ... repair-kit

Basically there are no instructions for the kit so the video was helpful to me. I mixed equal parts from each bottle and stirred for about 10 seconds or until it changed into a creamy peach color. Then I placed some mixture onto a plastic spoon to see what would happen and here are some observations I made.

1. The mixture itself was a bit more runny and not anywhere near as sticky as Silpoxy.

2. Thankfully there was no odor at all unlike that pungent silicone smell with silicone glue.

3. Working time is probably a few minutes or more. I set my timer for 3 minutes and it was still a bit tacky at this point. At 6 minutes it was touchable but I didn't want to press it. After about 10 to fifteen minutes it seems like it was dry and I could press on it but I left it in the spoon for about an hour after that.

4. I pulled it away from the spoon in one piece fairly easily so it obviously does not bond to plastic or metal (came off the butter knife I used to stir it as well).

5. As you can see in the last picture it is 'stretchy'.

Overall I'd say it is an interesting material and I am very curious how it will perform and bond on the actually repair but from what I have seen so far I have high hopes. I will post an update as to the actual repair but in the meantime if anyone wants to chime in with their experiences with the 'repair kit' that'd be cool.
-----
impressive test. hope the repair kit helps. all the best ^^
Cheers,
GYNOID
Email:gynoiddolls@hotmail.com (direct purchase)
https://forms.gle/fXAvUZ8d2H2m1Lb68 👈👈customize yours online

denchai

Post by denchai »

Silicone repair kits from Gynoid is very good for silicone doll. But you have to press the tearing site or wrap around that site tightly about 24 hours to make sure that the wound will be fully stuck.

INFORMATIONS