zelex.com.cn

Review of Zelex 170 C Inspiration w/ Heads: GE95 and GE03

Zelex is a company specializing in the development and manufacture of ultra-realistic sex dolls. We have a professional R&D team whose purpose is to design high-quality sex toys to provide customers with a perfect experience. Each of our products is hand-drawn by the artist with a realistic shape and fine makeup. We guarantee the product quality is safe and has the test certificate from an authority. Website: www.zelexdoll.com
peachplumpear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Review of Zelex 170 C Inspiration w/ Heads: GE95 and GE03

Post by peachplumpear »

UnderDoggo wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:57 am
peachplumpear wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:17 am Thanks for your thoroughness and thoughtfulness. It’s very interesting to see a review from an artist! I would be curious to hear more about your opinion of her visual realism. I constantly shuffle around the specific dolls on my shortlist, but Zelex and Fanreal are the two manufacturers I remain most interested in—that is because they are the only two, IMO, who offer anatomically convincing models. (I find Gynoid overrated and Clone dolls overpriced.) I love dolls as objets d’arte and am seeking something with correct human proportions.

Thanks also for your honesty. I hope you enjoy her as a “friend” if nothing else.
The general accuracy is good in proportions with the Zelex inspiration models. These were scanned from a real person, which was cleaned up by a 3d artist and maybe touched up in post by other wax artists on a final model before making the master mold. They list which ones were from real bodies. I don't know if their faces were scanned, but a good 3d sculptor could do it from scratch (or modify anyone's scanned face) anyway if this is their preferred workflow. I'm pretty sure they scaled down the feet. They don't look too small to me, but a 5'7" lady would probably be closer to a size 7-8 shoe and my doll is a 6.5. They look a tad small, but not a bad thing.

If you're just trying to use a doll for posing, Zelex would be totally fine. These extremely rigid joints will keep her standing... I'm betting there will be other companies that step up and stop using the weird, stylized proportions as much and do more scans and real life casts. So you'll probably have more options in the future (hopefully).

Fanreal has some nice looking dolls. I really wish I got the 5'2" (158cm) Qian with loose joints, which specifically has some features exclusive to that size. Irontech has really stepped up their realism and quality with their bodies with the 170cm Real Lady, check them out. Their realistic face selection is a little lacking, but I would have been happier with one of those and shelling out the extra money (They released it several weeks after I placed my order).
Thanks, friend. Your thoughts on this doll have been interesting to hear. I am in the market for a mannequin, essentially—a doll for posing, just as you put it—so this model still appeals to me, but clearly everybody here can appreciate the points made.

Myboiblue123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Myboiblue123 »

I just recently received my zelex doll (Fanny ward) and I can’t believe how realistic it is. Definitely worth the price and wait.

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

I’m in the process of waiting for my 170C and this review is a bit off putting to be sure. That said, the review is from a new owner and possibly the product of inexperience and unmet unrealistic expectations. The whole LHP question for instance seems ridiculous given the thousands of photos of the entries that all look just about perfect to me. Do we really think they scanned a woman and then were like naaaah, let’s just move her ass a few inches? What exactly is wrong with the LHP in these photos??

I don’t mean to hate on you OP, but this is maybe a great time to adjust your expectations as a new doll owner. On the other hand, when my doll arrives, I’ll happily eat crow if this review is even remotely accurate. You’ll be the first to know.
Attachments
IMG_6185.jpeg
IMG_6185.jpeg (484.22 KiB) Viewed 833 times
IMG_6186.jpeg
IMG_6186.jpeg (551.31 KiB) Viewed 833 times
IMG_6187.jpeg
IMG_6187.jpeg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 833 times
IMG_6188.jpeg
IMG_6188.jpeg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 833 times
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

UnderDoggo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by UnderDoggo »

Adventurer wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:53 am I’m in the process of waiting for my 170C and this review is a bit off putting to be sure. That said, the review is from a new owner and possibly the product of inexperience and unmet unrealistic expectations. The whole LHP question for instance seems ridiculous given the thousands of photos of the entries that all look just about perfect to me. Do we really think they scanned a woman and then were like naaaah, let’s just move her ass a few inches? What exactly is wrong with the LHP in these photos??

I don’t mean to hate on you OP, but this is maybe a great time to adjust your expectations as a new doll owner. On the other hand, when my doll arrives, I’ll happily eat crow if this review is even remotely accurate. You’ll be the first to know.
Hope you like the doll you receive, sorry if my review makes you nervous as you anxiously await yours.

Thanks, that's what the disclaimer was for at the beginning of the post; I am a new doll owner. And possibly unrealistic expectations being that I'm a new doll owner. I believe always believe a clear, honest review is best, and letting people decide how to weigh that into their choice. As for LHP, I have inexperience to owning a doll, but anyone who's had a least one girlfriend would understand once they receive the doll unfortunately. It's true, there are thousands of images of incorrect placement, as well as on this doll. I knew this prior to ordering, but it makes it a more unfamiliar/awkward angle using it than I expected.

UnderDoggo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by UnderDoggo »

UnderDoggo wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:42 pm
Adventurer wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:53 am I’m in the process of waiting for my 170C and this review is a bit off putting to be sure. That said, the review is from a new owner and possibly the product of inexperience and unmet unrealistic expectations. The whole LHP question for instance seems ridiculous given the thousands of photos of the entries that all look just about perfect to me. Do we really think they scanned a woman and then were like naaaah, let’s just move her ass a few inches? What exactly is wrong with the LHP in these photos??

Hope you like the doll you receive, sorry if my review makes you nervous as you anxiously await yours.

Thanks, that's what the disclaimer was for at the beginning of the post; I am a new doll owner. And possibly unrealistic expectations being that I'm a new doll owner. I always believe a clear, honest review is best, and letting people decide how to weigh that into their choice. As for LHP, I have inexperience to owning a doll, but anyone who's had a least one girlfriend would understand once they receive the doll unfortunately. It's true, there are thousands of images of incorrect placement, as well as on this doll. I knew this prior to ordering, but it makes it a more unfamiliar/awkward angle using it than I expected.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

My only issue with the review when it comes to LHP is that it doesn't really explain the "why" of it being wrong. Does the OP consider them to be too far forward, too far back, maybe the two holes are too far apart or too close together, maybe it's something else entirely? The issue can be subjective so doing a kind of standardised "are they well positioned for missionary, prone, doggy" check seems logical. And if there is a specific issue that seems "wrong" then it'd be helpful to point it out.

As for the whole "scanned a woman" bit. I've seen a few of the work in progress models on the forum lately and it seems like the sculpt is prepped with a huge hole where the vagina and anus will go and that's sculpted separately. So I'm not sure how "accurate" that part actually is. Heck maybe they are deliberately moved for a technical reason. eg: needing more material to strengthen them against tearing, or because it makes it easier to penetrate from missionary?

UnderDoggo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by UnderDoggo »

Nackers wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:18 pm

My only issue with the review when it comes to LHP is that it doesn't really explain the "why" of it being wrong. Does the OP consider them to be too far forward, too far back, maybe the two holes are too far apart or too close together, maybe it's something else entirely? The issue can be subjective so doing a kind of standardised "are they well positioned for missionary, prone, doggy" check seems logical. And if there is a specific issue that seems "wrong" then it'd be helpful to point it out.

As for the whole "scanned a woman" bit. I've seen a few of the work in progress models on the forum lately and it seems like the sculpt is prepped with a huge hole where the vagina and anus will go and that's sculpted separately. So I'm not sure how "accurate" that part actually is. Heck maybe they are deliberately moved for a technical reason. eg: needing more material to strengthen them against tearing, or because it makes it easier to penetrate from missionary?
I see. I think it's pretty evident when you look at the butt from the backside at least, if you check out any pictures when they're standing or bent over.

Basically the position is shifted and put too far towards the stomach. The anus is probably a whole two inches off which looks weird and breaks the illusion. It actually makes doggy the most inaccurate feeling position unfortunately because the anus is almost where the vagina should be in that position. Which may or may not be what you want. Granted, in real life if your girl is into anal, and you're going doggy it's actually the opposite problem lol. Either they're flat on their back or they have to sit up a bit because it's angled up a bit, but the vagina has a great angle in real life during doggy. The doll is definitely meant for missionary, though it's still shifted a bit. Cowgirl works pretty well.

You are correct, when scanning or doing a life cast, they're going to rework it. Scanning, you would have quite a bit of overhangs and probably confuses the lighting while scanning. If doing a life cast, they probably put medical bandage or something to cover the vagina and anus to avoid silicone curing inside and you would need to layer and position the labia. So whether for technical reasons or ease of process, it'd be better to just do it in post.

As for why they would do this?
- If I were casting, I would want need a minimum wall thickness and it could be easier to shift everything back a little.
- The other reason is that the doll's pelvis is super rigid in its rotation, and doesn't move naturally like in real life. So the pelvis isn't tilting readily as much and the legs will pull the silicone vagina forward a little when you position it, so by compensating for this it would make sense to put the holes a little further back. You know, split the difference for utility, which would make sense.
- Angling internally more correctly creates too thin of a wall between the vagina and anus, which would cause tears between the walls inside more easily.
- Having the two tunnels run exactly parallel would also be a lot easier to consistently work with.

There are ways to remedy each thing, but it'd be a hole lot easier to do it the way they are doing it. I get it... but visually it really throws me off and another reminder that it's just a doll. I also love doggy style, butt the positioning isn't as good unless you're just going backdoor.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

:thumbs_up:

Thanks for the updated feedback UnderDoggo. That makes it a lot clearer why you think the positioning is bad. Sometimes the available photos don't show the issue clearly, or it looks fine in the photo because it's kind of "in isolation". It's only when you put the doll in the proper position that it becomes obvious that there is a problem.

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Thanks for your thoughtful reply OP! Have you tried posing her differently somehow? Maybe you could post a photo of what you’re seeing in doggy? The other doggy photos I’ve seen look pretty usable so I wonder if she’s positioned properly in your case. Just a thought… Fingers crossed for the new arrival to be everything I need her to be.
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

Piper Doll Jessica:

UnderDoggo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by UnderDoggo »

Adventurer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:10 am Thanks for your thoughtful reply OP! Have you tried posing her differently somehow? Maybe you could post a photo of what you’re seeing in doggy? The other doggy photos I’ve seen look pretty usable so I wonder if she’s positioned properly in your case. Just a thought… Fingers crossed for the new arrival to be everything I need her to be.
I’s still usable, just different and takes a while to adjust poses. Have to pull out and put a lot of force into moving positions before resuming.

Speaking of fingers crossed, be careful of the fingers. I already broke two last night while trying to rotate the wrist. They’re very thin, they broke at the base of the metacarpals.

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Not gonna lie, my confidence is running low. I think the wait, a few mixed reviews, and the hype around the new SLE technology are taking their toll. Thanks for your feedback!
----

Piper Doll Jessica:

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

UnderDoggo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:23 pm I’s still usable, just different and takes a while to adjust poses. Have to pull out and put a lot of force into moving positions before resuming.

Speaking of fingers crossed, be careful of the fingers. I already broke two last night while trying to rotate the wrist. They’re very thin, they broke at the base of the metacarpals.
Oh jeez that's not good. I know a few people have operated on their dolls to fix broken fingers. You might be able to fix them without too much visible damage.

UnderDoggo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by UnderDoggo »

Adventurer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:36 pm Not gonna lie, my confidence is running low. I think the wait, a few mixed reviews, and the hype around the new SLE technology are taking their toll. Thanks for your feedback!
Once again sorry if it makes you anxious since you already ordered. I was in the same boat.

They do look good, I'm just not a fan of the usability in bed, weight, joints, durability. This morning I actually startled the sht out of myself because I just woke up and forgot she was sitting by my computer when I turned the lights on. And although 2 fingers on the left hand broke, I've found sometimes it's nice to have the doll sitting next to me as if working side-by-side like a couple past girlfriends. And the firmness of joints (which I don't like in the rest of the body) is nice in the hand. And it can feel like her hand is gentling holding my thigh as I think out loud, which sort of helps the thinking process of my work sometimes. And the expression of the GE03-02 instead of being an o-face, instead looks inquisitive/curious of my work or pouty in a cute anime way if the mouth is fully closed.

Hope you enjoy your doll. I've found adjusting my expectation that, yes it is a doll and not expecting a human-replacement, does make it start to feel a little better. If you sleep with her, although it's hard and rigid, you can try to pose her in a way with her body not fully putting hard, heavy weight on you. Instead you can sort of pose her in a static way that a person cannot without cramping or collapsing her full weight onto you, or making your arm fall asleep when spooning.

So there's a silver lining using it in ways that I didn't intend it for. And there's hope for Zelex in the future- if they were one of the first to implement certain features and life-like dolls, once the other companies catch up, Zelex might be one of the first to then release the next generation of quality (hopefully, if they're not resting on their laurels) in a couple years.

UnderDoggo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by UnderDoggo »

Nackers wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:03 pm
UnderDoggo wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:23 pm I’s still usable, just different and takes a while to adjust poses. Have to pull out and put a lot of force into moving positions before resuming.

Oh jeez that's not good. I know a few people have operated on their dolls to fix broken fingers. You might be able to fix them without too much visible damage.
Thanks, I'll look into that. I have silicone at my home and I could feasibly cut open, repair and reseal. Little nervous of it, but maybe in the next weeks I'll embark on that doll surgery.

quixotic
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by quixotic »

I appreciate all the information here. I've been going back and forth between the Inspiration and SLE series in my head. I really prefer the shape of the 170 C, but this new material seems to have a lot of advantages based on Miska's first impressions. Though the weights are nearly the same which is disappointing. I'm leaning towards waiting for future shapes in the SLE series.

INFORMATIONS