Starpery.com

10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream for stains duration

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
bunk93
Active Poster
Active Poster

10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream for stains duration

Post by bunk93 »

I've seen quite a few successful 10% Benzoyl peroxide cream applications to remove stain, usually over night. Does anyone care to share their experience for longer applications of Peroxide cream applications and the results they obtained?

So_Far_So_SoSo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: 10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream for stains duration

Post by So_Far_So_SoSo »

I haven't gone past 24 hours, since that was enough to almost entirely remove quite a large, solid stain - that one just needed a couple of spot applications overnight to finish it off
WM 160A, 166C & 172B, heads 70, 142, 262, 266, 368, 398, 400. So many possible people. I should probably stop soon.

Karlos
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Karlos »

I had quite a deep-set stain a year or two ago, and I just reapplied a fresh spot treatment the next morning. It was gone on the second day.

One interesting thing that happened vs official stain removal cream, the dark gunk actually lifted to the surface like blackheads, and then crumbled away with a gentle wipe. It was quite impressive. :thumbs_up:

bunk93
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bunk93 »

Thanks for the replies, I just used the 10% benzoyl peroxide cream on a few areas for 24hrs, WOW! I almost couldn't believe it worked so well. Rinsed off with some soapy water and the tpe looks fine. Just reapplied some to a wider area and will check in 24 hrs and then likely do a spot treatment as you both mentioned.

My original reason for asking this question was if more time was more effective/safe and I guess I can say that 24hr hours worked perfect so I guess no need for more and no damage at that interval. I am still curious if leaving the cream on for a week would do any damage.

Has anyone tried the 10% benzoyl peroxide foaming washes? They are significantly cheaper than the cream. I figured if lathered up to a foam, it will dry and stay in place like the cream. Also, maybe the wash could be used for the entire doll as cheap way to take out even minor stains and brighten everything up?

jeeniferruby92121
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jeeniferruby92121 »

Regarding how to clean a doll, I hope these articles can help you.

Websites removed
Last edited by Kite on Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising removed

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

bunk93 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:15 am Has anyone tried the 10% benzoyl peroxide foaming washes? They are significantly cheaper than the cream. I figured if lathered up to a foam, it will dry and stay in place like the cream. Also, maybe the wash could be used for the entire doll as cheap way to take out even minor stains and brighten everything up?
I've tried the wash and it really did not do anything.
The cream needs to sit on the stain to lighten it and to migrate what it can into the base TPE.
It seems like the thin foam does not have the "stick" needed.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

bunk93 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:15 am Thanks for the replies, I just used the 10% benzoyl peroxide cream on a few areas for 24hrs, WOW! I almost couldn't believe it worked so well. Rinsed off with some soapy water and the tpe looks fine. Just reapplied some to a wider area and will check in 24 hrs and then likely do a spot treatment as you both mentioned.

My original reason for asking this question was if more time was more effective/safe and I guess I can say that 24hr hours worked perfect so I guess no need for more and no damage at that interval. I am still curious if leaving the cream on for a week would do any damage.

Has anyone tried the 10% benzoyl peroxide foaming washes? They are significantly cheaper than the cream. I figured if lathered up to a foam, it will dry and stay in place like the cream. Also, maybe the wash could be used for the entire doll as cheap way to take out even minor stains and brighten everything up?
Great to hear of your success, bunk! And yeah, 24 h is usually plenty.

I had a pair of red lace gloves (see thumbnail in sig, it's the pic with Mira holding the axe) stain Mira's hands and this wasn't totally gone after 24 h. So in these rare cases I usually wash the part of her skin off thoroughly and reapply.

I can't recall the longest time I have left the cream (dry) on her, but it is certainly a few days. Seems to make no difference to the TPE like making it brittle or more easily damaged, etc. However, I only ever apply a really, really thin layer of the stuff, just enough to wet her skin. It is like magic, though!

I have even left it to dry and then applied a light coat of powder over if I need her to wear things in-between.
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

bunk93
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bunk93 »

Wheezer wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:04 am
bunk93 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:15 am Has anyone tried the 10% benzoyl peroxide foaming washes? They are significantly cheaper than the cream. I figured if lathered up to a foam, it will dry and stay in place like the cream. Also, maybe the wash could be used for the entire doll as cheap way to take out even minor stains and brighten everything up?
I've tried the wash and it really did not do anything.
The cream needs to sit on the stain to lighten it and to migrate what it can into the base TPE.
It seems like the thin foam does not have the "stick" needed.

Cheers!
... W ...
Good to know, I won't try the foaming wash. The 1oz tube of 10% benzoyl worked great for me and it seemed to be a good amount to use for quite a few applications before I used it up.

INFORMATIONS