https://www.coeros.com/

Recently, many doll manufacturers have begun to use this new M16 screw. How do you feel about using it?

Coeros brings dolls to life. We are a full-service company offering a wide range of sex doll accessories and custom services. Our mission is to bring excitement and joy to people's lives by selling high quality sex doll related products. Website: www.coeros.com
Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Recently, many doll manufacturers have begun to use this new M16 screw. How do you feel about using it?

Post by Coeros »

M16 Snap-On Connector to M8/M16 Dual Function Screw: https://www.coeros.com/product/m16-to-m ... ion-screw/

A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Recently, many doll manufacturers have begun to use this new M16 screw. How do you feel about using it?

Post by koaplayer1998 »

That's the one that came with my gal. I was sad to learn it prevents me from using one of those new adjustable "swivel" connector adapters that you sell (as of now, until someone makes them, or comes up with a solution). They really help with head movement.
"If you allow those who value or worship money and power over truth to control you, then you become part of the problem."

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Recently, many doll manufacturers have begun to use this new M16 screw. How do you feel about using it?

Post by setevoltas »

Definitely threw me off the first one I got. DollsCastle is using them now as well.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

hieligekoe

Post by hieligekoe »

Hate it! This seems completely unnecessary. I would replace it immediately if I received a doll with this connector.
My dolls:
Genevieve / Delilah - WM 140D: viewtopic.php?t=166375
Kailani / Maria - WM 164J: viewtopic.php?t=177461
Emily / Lisa - SE Doll 157H: viewtopic.php?t=177463

cycleingking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by cycleingking »

I don't see the purpose. I have one, forget which doll it came with but i don't use it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Passionate about ROS, LHP and Silicone
Mistresses

DollCommander
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DollCommander »

Doesn't make any sense, adds additional parts and/or production operations for no reason. Generally M8 is used on doll heads that are too small to look good on a full sized doll with standard M16 connection and M8 is not appropriate for a full sized head/doll. I'm struggling to figure out why this exists? And struggling even more to figure out why it would be common? I'm seeing some disturbing trends in the doll world lately, like radical weight reduction being the default and only option on some models..sounds good until you realize quality just took a nose dive and these dolls will have many more severe issues beyond the issues that full weight dolls already have.
DC's Suok Eye Candy Thread
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=149257

DC's Laila..Sex Crazed Goth Girl
viewtopic.php?t=160085

DC's Neve..Sweet And Sexy Secretary
viewtopic.php?t=163635

Andycrap
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Andycrap »

I though everyone converted to the newer swivel connector, what are the advantages of using this type of connector over the two or three previous generation connectors?

UpperLower

Post by UpperLower »

If the difference in length made an improvement to oral capability, then I would be for it. But this doesn’t do anything but annoy the customer
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

koaplayer1998 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:33 pm That's the one that came with my gal. I was sad to learn it prevents me from using one of those new adjustable "swivel" connector adapters that you sell (as of now, until someone makes them, or comes up with a solution). They really help with head movement.
Yes, this is not suitable for our turnable screws.
And because the M8 screws are relatively thin, the previous design of turnable screws cannot be used on M8 screws. :(
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

DollCommander
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DollCommander »

I see no reason for this connector other than to adapt a M8 head to an M16 connector body; but even then M8 heads are usually much smaller, sized for smaller bodies and wouldn't be visually appealing. Since you have connections with manufacturers, please tell them to abandon this pointless connector that only causes customer frustration. M8 heads belong on M8 bodies and M16 heads belong on M16 bodies, or better yet just go to M16 on all models. We need more standardization, not less.
DC's Suok Eye Candy Thread
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=149257

DC's Laila..Sex Crazed Goth Girl
viewtopic.php?t=160085

DC's Neve..Sweet And Sexy Secretary
viewtopic.php?t=163635

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

DollCommander wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:06 am I see no reason for this connector other than to adapt a M8 head to an M16 connector body; but even then M8 heads are usually much smaller, sized for smaller bodies and wouldn't be visually appealing. Since you have connections with manufacturers, please tell them to abandon this pointless connector that only causes customer frustration. M8 heads belong on M8 bodies and M16 heads belong on M16 bodies, or better yet just go to M16 on all models. We need more standardization, not less.
I couldn't agree more. I was HUGELY disappointed to find out that my full-size gal (166cm) was attached with a M8 (at front in second photo) going into the head, instead of a M16 connector.
IMG_20231102_195455294.jpg
IMG_20231102_195455294.jpg (119.11 KiB) Viewed 330 times
IMG_20231102_195543870.jpg
IMG_20231102_195543870.jpg (214.06 KiB) Viewed 330 times
"If you allow those who value or worship money and power over truth to control you, then you become part of the problem."

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

I will chime in here from a mechanical engineers experience in designing and using fasteners. The M8 fastener has a smaller diameter at the minimum, or bottom of the threads. Typically called the root of the threads. So not only is that area smaller, and much more prone to stress, there is also a further stress concentration due to the v-shaped section of the threads, sometimes upwards of a multiple of 2.5 to 5.0.

Putting that in perspective your doll's head weighs 10 kg, there is a potential shearing Force of upwards of 25 to 50 kg, or more. Not just addresses a straight up pull. The stress concentration is much higher if you were to bend the doll's head forward. One side of that very small diameter, with its Associated stress concentration Factor, is in compression, which is fine. But the other side is in tension, which is very troubling. If you've never tightened a bolt or a screw and had it break you will see that it always breaks at the bottom of the "V" of the threads

With this extremely small diameter at the root of the threads, if the M8 connector were to fail, odds are you would have a hard time getting the small portion of the connector out of the doll's head.

As an engineer I would never approve such a change. And I don't see why companies would do this as it takes more time in Machining the diameter down from the M16 down to the 8 mm diameter. Granted they are done on automated machines, but time is money. And you also have the philosophy of "why fix something that isn't broke?"

INFORMATIONS