Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Skin tone

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

donjuanx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Skin tone

Post by donjuanx »

Hey. I just placed an order for a new Realdoll Body C and the main quandary I've had, beside the cost and the wait time, is the skin tone.

When I ordered my first Realdoll, I chose one that looked similar to the promotional photos I saw, and stuck to a more conservative, popular face and skin tone. I chose the "Medium" skin tone, which has looked pretty natural in person, but veers toward "Tan" in certain lighting.

With this recent purchase I'm intrigued by a more fair-skinned doll, and am curious about choosing a different skin tone than the standard "Medium". I notice that Realdoll offers a "Fair" skin tone, but I've found precious few examples of this skin tone in pictures of dolls on the internet. In fact, I've found only one real example of a "Fair" skinned Body C, and that is a doll owned by forum member "VSP" who's featured the doll in a series of comics he's published on the web. In many of those photos, the "Fair" skinned doll does seem exceptionally pale, but I've never seen "Fair" in person. The "skin tone samples" don't really do much for me, and I'd really value input from someone with first hand experience with this skin tone.

1.) If anyone on this forum has seen the "Fair" skin tone in person, can you describe just how pale it is, especially compared to "Medium"? Does it look natural or unnaturally pale? If you've ordered a "Fair" Realdoll can you compare it to "Medium" and would you order this skin tone again?

2.) I've also seen on the Realdoll website that they offer a "custom skin tone" option but don't elaborate further on it. Eventually I will ask them about it, once I can actually get a hold of someone at the company, but for now I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience either ordering a "custom skin tone" doll or seeing one in person. What is the extent of what they can do beyond the basic five colors? Ideally I'd like something light-skinned, but in between "Fair" and "Medium", that looks as natural as possible. If anyone knows about this option, let me know what is possible, how feasible it is, how much it costs, and how much it adds to the lead time.

Thanks!

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Skin tone

Post by Lynxz »

I actually have a 'fair' skin Realdoll on order that should be arriving in a few months. The lead time is so astronomical that i dont think a custom color would add to it. No clue as to the additional cost

Brick

Post by Brick »

donjuanx wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:28 pm Hey. I just placed an order for a new Realdoll Body C and the main quandary I've had, beside the cost and the wait time, is the skin tone.

When I ordered my first Realdoll, I chose one that looked similar to the promotional photos I saw, and stuck to a more conservative, popular face and skin tone. I chose the "Medium" skin tone, which has looked pretty natural in person, but veers toward "Tan" in certain lighting.

With this recent purchase I'm intrigued by a more fair-skinned doll, and am curious about choosing a different skin tone than the standard "Medium". I notice that Realdoll offers a "Fair" skin tone, but I've found precious few examples of this skin tone in pictures of dolls on the internet. In fact, I've found only one real example of a "Fair" skinned Body C, and that is a doll owned by forum member "VSP" who's featured the doll in a series of comics he's published on the web. In many of those photos, the "Fair" skinned doll does seem exceptionally pale, but I've never seen "Fair" in person. The "skin tone samples" don't really do much for me, and I'd really value input from someone with first hand experience with this skin tone.

1.) If anyone on this forum has seen the "Fair" skin tone in person, can you describe just how pale it is, especially compared to "Medium"? Does it look natural or unnaturally pale? If you've ordered a "Fair" Realdoll can you compare it to "Medium" and would you order this skin tone again?

2.) I've also seen on the Realdoll website that they offer a "custom skin tone" option but don't elaborate further on it. Eventually I will ask them about it, once I can actually get a hold of someone at the company, but for now I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience either ordering a "custom skin tone" doll or seeing one in person. What is the extent of what they can do beyond the basic five colors? Ideally I'd like something light-skinned, but in between "Fair" and "Medium", that looks as natural as possible. If anyone knows about this option, let me know what is possible, how feasible it is, how much it costs, and how much it adds to the lead time.

Thanks!
A fair skin tone is very pale. If you are looking for normal looking skin tone, medium is the way to go..
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

donjuanx wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:28 pm Hey. I just placed an order for a new Realdoll Body C and the main quandary I've had, beside the cost and the wait time, is the skin tone.

Thanks!
I've got one of those skin tone sample sets. I'll take a picture of it later for you.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

SQLMan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SQLMan »

The only standard doll with "fair" I'm aware of is Star. I know it's just more pictures, but you said you were having trouble even finding pictures of fair:

https://www.realdoll.com/product/star-1-0-petite/

INFORMATIONS