Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Removing Rebecca Body E 's Head

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

returner

Removing Rebecca Body E 's Head

Post by returner »

Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to correctly remove my doll 's head (Rebecca Body E). Is there any visual/video guide on this?

Thanks

returner

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Re: Removing Rebecca Body E 's Head

Post by young guy »

I haven't seen a video for this, but I'm sure there must be one on the forum here somewhere.
It's pretty straightforward, the only tricky part is making sure to find and loosen the locking set screw for the mounting bolt.
If the head has never been removed, the head and neck are adhered together with silicone adhesive. You need to get a finger in between them at the back of the neck and pull down until you can see the set screw. Loosen it and the mounting bolt can then be unscrewed. Then tease the head and neck apart to break the rest of the adhesive loose.
Realdoll Neck Set Screw.jpg
Realdoll Neck Set Screw.jpg (549.09 KiB) Viewed 578 times
Hope this helps.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

sloopjohnb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sloopjohnb »

In addition to the advice from young guy, go buy a cheap set of T handle allen wrenches from Harbor freight. Keep the 2 you need with your dollie stuff. Toss the others.
JB

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Pro tip: Remove her head lying down on her side on the bed. You don't want one of the washers rolling off somewhere or worse falling down into the neck cavity.

Like Young guy said, loosen that set screw first and then at the end.

JB is spot on; keep those two long Allen keys with your doll.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

returner

Post by returner »

I took pictures of the back of the head. It doesn't look like I should be using T handle allen wrenches.
There are some tools I think suitable for the job, but I would rather ask to make sure I use the right tool and not mess up the screws.
1. Can you tell me what tools I should be using? It'd be nice if I can have a link to the right tool on a home depot or lowe's.
2. Do I have to loosen both screws (first one on the neck and the second one at the bottom of the neck) or only the one on the neck to remove the head?

Please help

Thanks
Attachments
HeadRemoval2.jpg
HeadRemoval2.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 375 times
HeadRemoval1.jpg
HeadRemoval1.jpg (5.83 MiB) Viewed 375 times

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Yes, you do need to use an Allen key to loosen this set screw first.
IMG_6449 2.jpg
IMG_6449 2.jpg (555.74 KiB) Viewed 346 times

Then you loosen the one at the top of the head.

You may need to tighten the other nuts and bolts while her head is off.

Then, when you replace her head, keep the washers in the same places. Tighten the large screw in her head first, then tighten the set screw in her neck.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

returner

Post by returner »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:00 am Yes, you do need to use an Allen key to loosen this set screw first.

IMG_6449 2.jpg

Then you loosen the one at the top of the head.

You may need to tighten the other nuts and bolts while her head is off.

Then, when you replace her head, keep the washers in the same places. Tighten the large screw in her head first, then tighten the set screw in her neck.
Ok, loosen the one on the side of the neck with allen key.
But wait, there is one at the top of the head? do you mean I have to cutand dig through that indentation on top of the head to get access to the screw?
I don't think I can gain access to that screw from the base of the skull. I did look.

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

I see your head has the opening where the actual mounting bolt is located still covered up. I forgot that some heads are like this. You will need to cut away the silicone covering on this opening to access the bolt. Most heads arrive with this opening exposed so don't worry that you are damaging the head. Cut cleanly with a sharp razor knife around the edge of the depression as indicated. Doing this one time is a lot easier than folding back the silicone over the whole back of the head.
HeadRemoval1a.jpg
HeadRemoval1a.jpg (587.83 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Head Removal Tools1.jpg
Head Removal Tools1.jpg (147.82 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Head Removal Tools.jpg
Head Removal Tools.jpg (316.93 KiB) Viewed 311 times
The last pic shows the location of the two screws you need to loosen/remove. The wrench sticking out to the left is in the set screw. The one on top is in the mounting bolt. You only need to loosen the set screw, not remove it. The mounting bolt on top is about 3-4 inches long and reaches all the way down to the bottom of the opening. As far as wrenches, either basic L Key or T Handles will work; they are American sized, not metric. If you have any other concerns, feel free to DM me.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

INFORMATIONS