realsexdoll.com

New to this forum and relatively new to dolls.

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: New to this forum and relatively new to dolls.

Post by koaplayer1998 »

My1stLover4Soul wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:07 pm Hello everyone, I'm also new member and fascinated with dolls, (glad I'm not only one). So, I it's been a while since I used toys and play with them. Several years ago I purchased my first torso doll just to try.... and we know the rest :) now I'm testing other toys and brands and thinking to purchase one life size princess. Thank you for your attention, need to write more posts ;)
As one who also had a torso as a "gateway drug" to a life-size princess, I understand this and also welcome you to TDF. Looking forward to seeing you start a thread for your gal when you get her!
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

Pexter

Post by Pexter »

koaplayer1998 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:53 pm Welcome to Hanna! She is beautiful, Pexter. My Isabella came with an auburnish tint to her light-brown hair, but actually looks even better being a dark-brown brunette recently. I would be interested to see what Hanna looks like as a brunette, too (our girls like to have fashion options, you know). :wink:
Getting Hanna a nice dark brunette wig is definitely on my short list. I just can't make up my mind on the length and style.

Hanna has 7 wigs now. After I could no longer make her original wavy blond wig look nice anymore, I bought a replacement at a wig store. If you can afford $25 - $50 for a synthetic wig or $50+ for a human hair wig, it's the way to go since they display around a 100 wigs on mannequin heads so that you can see them from all angles as well as side by side comparisons.

The other five were thrift store finds that cost between $3 - $5. I always look for human hair wigs first. They are few and far between but if I don't see any, I always look and ask if I don't see any.

But I will tell you one thing for sure. After washing your doll's human hair wig in your favorite "women's" shampoo and smelling her hair, running your fingers through her hair, and feeling her hair on your face, you will never go back to synthetic hair wigs.

Oh BTW, your Isabella is very pretty as well. You know how to pick 'em!

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

Pexter wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:43 pm But I will tell you one thing for sure. After washing your doll's human hair wig in your favorite "women's" shampoo and smelling her hair, running your fingers through her hair, and feeling her hair on your face, you will never go back to synthetic hair wigs.
I'll have to look into that. Right now she just has synthetics. As an aside, I love the smell of her hair after using this conditioner/detangler (in the below pic).
Pexter wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:43 pm Oh BTW, your Isabella is very pretty as well. You know how to pick 'em!
Thanks for that, I absolutely fell in love with her at first-sight. Isa says "Gracias" for the compliment, too. 😉
IMG_20240219_162823473_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240219_162823473_HDR.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 125 times
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

BasedSage

Post by BasedSage »

Hey everyone! New to TDF, but a long time lurker. Decided to be an active member over the shared interest in dolls. This website further cultivated my fascination with dolls and was the reason I bit the bullet and bought my first torso some years ago. Torsos really are the “gateway drug”, because now Im looking to own a life sized doll of my own. Its definitely a dream of mine. Someday! :mrgreen:

Pexter

Post by Pexter »

BasedSage wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:38 pm Hey everyone! New to TDF, but a long time lurker. Decided to be an active member over the shared interest in dolls. This website further cultivated my fascination with dolls and was the reason I bit the bullet and bought my first torso some years ago. Torsos really are the “gateway drug”, because now Im looking to own a life sized doll of my own. Its definitely a dream of mine. Someday! :mrgreen:
You don't mention whether your torso has a head of not. If not, you might want to add a head to your torso until you can afford a life sized doll.

This is Molly. She was my first. She started out as a 46 pound 33x22x35 headless torso. I she arrived, I found out that I could deal with no arms or legs but Could not with no head. Like almost all torsos sold, she did not come with any way to attach a head. So I made it my mission to figure out how to attach a head.

However, since this was going to be all trial and error and the first heads would probably get ruined in the experimental process, I looked for the cheapest heads I could find. Those turned out to be makeup heads on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hair+styling ... ss_fb_1_18. The first one I bought was $16 (w/free Prime shipping)

It took several attempts to get it perfect but as you can see, the effort paid off. This is Molly's final head that cost $30. So, with implanted 100% human hair and gel filled breasts that put my full sized dolls, also with gel breasts, can't even compete with, Molly isn't going anywhere. The lesson that I learned is that you really need both a life-sized torso with a head and a life-sized doll because just perfect for everything doll isn't here yet.
Molly 07.jpg
Molly 07.jpg (743.37 KiB) Viewed 94 times

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

Wow!! Where's there's a will, there's a way!!
Good job Pexter!

BasedSage

Post by BasedSage »

Damn Pexter, Im impressed! The torso I own doesnt have a head. Ive never heard of someone being so resourceful like this. Honestly, I’ll look into doing something like this myself, because the labor of love seems totally worth it. Great idea bro :glou:

INFORMATIONS