Starpery.com

Foot bolts sticking out

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
trendysteven
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Foot bolts sticking out

Post by trendysteven »

Hi there, and apologies in advance if this is obvious or a common thing.

I have a new TPE FW157 with the standing feet option. I've noticed since I've had her for a couple of weeks the bolts on her heels are poking out. They seem to be more poking out than when she arrived. I haven't moved her legs a huge amount but I'm worried that Ive done something wrong, do I need to pose her legs differently to move the stress point?

1 week:
IMG_2037.jpg
IMG_2037.jpg (556.58 KiB) Viewed 181 times
IMG_2038.jpg
IMG_2038.jpg (583.43 KiB) Viewed 181 times
2 weeks (today):
IMG_2054.jpg
IMG_2054.jpg (749.1 KiB) Viewed 181 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Foot bolts sticking out

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, the heel bolts look about right but the front 2 bolts need to be protruding out a bit further. The bolts are designed to take all the dolls weight so should be adjusted so they are just proud of the tpe. You can probably do it with your fingers otherwise you will need the correct size hex key.

trendysteven
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by trendysteven »

Thanks. That is very interesting. I didn't realise you could adjust them. I was getting worried that the heel bolt was getting way too protruding:
IMG_2056.jpg
IMG_2056.jpg (706.83 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Is that normal?? It's very off putting to feel when I touch the feet while cuddling. Doesn't seem like something I can fix by adjusting the bolts though??

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

trendysteven wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:47 pm Thanks. That is very interesting. I didn't realise you could adjust them. I was getting worried that the heel bolt was getting way too protruding:

IMG_2056.jpg

Is that normal?? It's very off putting to feel when I touch the feet while cuddling. Doesn't seem like something I can fix by adjusting the bolts though??
Well if you don't like the bolts when she's in bed you can just unscrew them completely and just pop them back in when you want her back on her feet, just ensure they are all set so they are just about a 1/4" proud of the foot.

trendysteven
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by trendysteven »

Arthur1960 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:18 pm
trendysteven wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:47 pm Thanks. That is very interesting. I didn't realise you could adjust them. I was getting worried that the heel bolt was getting way too protruding:

IMG_2056.jpg

Well if you don't like the bolts when she's in bed you can just unscrew them completely and just pop them back in when you want her back on her feet, just ensure they are all set so they are just about a 1/4" proud of the foot.
Ok this is great advice, many thanks. I thought my doll had something wrong with her, that her bolts were going to pop out through the bottom of her feet! It's good to know that I can just remove the bolts if I need. I'll leave them for now, it's not a deal breaker for cuddling :)

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Looks normal to me. If they're too far in then theyre not helping the base of the feet when standing, and I tell you those feet wear away faster than you're think.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Davey2469
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Davey2469 »

trendysteven wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:30 pm Hi there, and apologies in advance if this is obvious or a common thing.

I have a new TPE FW157 with the standing feet option. I've noticed since I've had her for a couple of weeks the bolts on her heels are poking out. They seem to be more poking out than when she arrived. I haven't moved her legs a huge amount but I'm worried that Ive done something wrong, do I need to pose her legs differently to move the stress point?
Suggestion/thoughts? I saw somewhere on here about foot braces, because in standing mine, the bolts are in to far and have disintegrated around the bolts, so no bottom feet pics cuz it’s down right hard. To look at. I cut milk carton shapes to keep the silicone from going down farther than the bolts. And to get them into heels (as I understand), you should make a metal one. Anyone chime in on shower bolt?
Anyway, thanks for the review and for letting me ramble. So 30.5kg 70-75lbs which I believe they have done WR and curious about things like the legs pushback from core {one mfg turned it into a gimmick.
170cm C S39 Real Lady silicone Lalya Real Lady “The bOMb
Current: viewtopic.php?t=178506
First version: viewtopic.php?t=173583
Interested in IronTech? - https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme - carycme10 for 10% off
167cm S39 ITSRS WR 60kg UltraSoft silicone

159cm E silicone Hedy Starpery - Darla
viewtopic.php?t=174942
Newer: viewtopic.php?t=179212

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

There are no shower bolts. Water is the enemy of metal skeletons. Any opening in the TPE will allow water intrusion.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS