Starpery.com

New doll foot ankle looks bent inwards... how do I fix this? [Pix Attached]

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: New doll foot ankle looks bent inwards... how do I fix this? [Pix Attached]

Post by Wheezer »

@MrFranz ... good point.
This was asked but never specifically answered.
If it was a TDF approved vendor or manufacturer, then great, they will get involved.
If not ... umm ... you know the rest. :(

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kbsnhk »

Thank you so much for the great advice @Wheezer @UpperLower! So glad to be part of such a supportive community.

kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kbsnhk »

Mr Franz wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:09 pm Did this doll come from a TDF approved vendor and/or manufacturer? TDF won't even get involved otherwise.
Yes this vendor seems part of the TDF-approved list fortunately.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Good to see it was an approved vendor. :)

Just take your time, stay calm, document everything and keep her pristine during the process.
If you work with the TDF staff and the vendor, then (eventually) things will work out.
Just expect it to take while and perhaps have some translation issues.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Just a thought, If there's no obvious damage, then is it possible that the foot articulation is all that is happening here, as with this petite set of tootsies
Bent foot.jpg
Bent foot.jpg (60.22 KiB) Viewed 93 times

UpperLower

Post by UpperLower »

seagull wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:48 am Just a thought, If there's no obvious damage, then is it possible that the foot articulation is all that is happening here, as with this petite set of tootsies
Bent foot.jpg
If it is just articulation, foot tilted down and turned, you should be able to tilt the foot back up and turn the ankle back into position. Most dolls have the tilt and turn joints in the ankle, however that first photo you posted looks bent, not turned. Could just be an optical illusion if the foot is simply positioned that way and not bent.

Again, let the vendor and TDF know your intentions. It might be best to see what they say before you mess with it, but if you already have, let them know the results.
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

UpperLower

Post by UpperLower »

Taking another glance at your latest photo, I’ve never seen a foot tilted sideways like that.
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

So where are we on this? We looking at a replacement or a repair.
Even if it is replaced, you can't ship the body back, too expensive. So you typically get to keep it.
I'd like to know if the joint is just twisted left and the foot twisted right. If the TPE is not securely adhered to the skeleton it wouldn't be twisted.
If (horror) the skeleton was assembled incorrectly, I think it can still be repaired without surgery.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS