Starpery.com

Fixing Silicone Tears???

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
NINJASEX
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Fixing Silicone Tears???

Post by NINJASEX »

I have a silicone doll, NOT tpe, which has a small tear. I have no idea how to fix it. I can't seem to find any straight answer on this topic, except for one post I found, which basically said...

"Silicone is a thermoset plastic. Meaning, once it is created (the parts mixed) will become a set structure.
TPE is a thermoplastic. Meaning it melts and can be reformed."

Wonderful... great news, I'm suddenly... filled with joy. Not.
For years, I used a soldering iron to fix tpe tears. However, according to the wonderful intel I just discovered... if you attempt to use a soldering iron on silicone material, and try to meld the tear, it... won't... work :|

Now, does anyone have any idea of how to fix a silicone doll tear? I'm guessing silicone glue? And which kind would be the best?
175cm Busty Starry Doll
173cm H WM Doll
161cm J 6YE Doll
160cm Nipple AXB Doll
158cm N YL Doll

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Fixing Silicone Tears???

Post by seagull »

Does depend on where the tear is
Sil-Poxy is the go to for tears that don't come in contact with sensitive parts of you body
RTV sealant is somewhat more flexible and softer to the touch

Internal cavity repairs, keep as smooth as possible

Some links
Silicone Damage
viewtopic.php?p=2150813#p2150813
viewtopic.php?p=2283896#p2283896 Surface/Deep repairs
http://ourdollcommunity.com/forum/index ... ic=13278.0 Nitinol Silicone Finger repair
viewtopic.php?p=2391107#p2391107 Silicone Repairs Synthian

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

NINJASEX wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:18 am I have a silicone doll, NOT tpe, which has a small tear. I have no idea how to fix it. I can't seem to find any straight answer on this topic, except for one post I found, which basically said...
Congratulations (condolences?) on the addition of silicone to your sex doll stable. :)
As you already found, TPE repair and silicone repair techniques are not the same. :(

There have been many posts on TDF about repairing silicone, but the one HERE (viewtopic.php?p=2431091#p2431091) should guide you in the right direction.

Good silicone sex doll repair adhesives choices (as of February 2024) appear to consist of either Permetex Flowable Windshield Adhesive, Sili-Poxy silicone Adhesive, and a "Silicone Doll Adhesive (Natural Skin Tone)" from an unknown Asian source and available on Amazon in the US. There may be more but those three that I would consider. Others may have more suggestions.

Each appears to have its own benefits and limitation as to how viscous it is and the softness of the cured bond.

That should get you started to figure out which would work for your application.

Cheers!
...W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

NINJASEX
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NINJASEX »

Fantastic! Thanks guys. I ordered some "Silicone Adhesive Skin Color" because I heard it has elastic bond for silicone tears.
Lets see what happens! Cheers :glou:
175cm Busty Starry Doll
173cm H WM Doll
161cm J 6YE Doll
160cm Nipple AXB Doll
158cm N YL Doll

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

The claims made regarding silicone dolls quality are downright misleading.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

viewtopic.php?p=2431091#p2431091
Thanks for the link, added to my Silicone Repairs resource :thumbs_up:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Key question....what brand doll is she?
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS