Starpery.com

Texturing tool for TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
AIMD

Re: Texturing tool for TPE

Post by AIMD »

Bought 18 ga (1.25mm) aluminum wire and it works well for heat transfer. Very little smoke and it sculpts TPE quite well without the need for a regulated soldering iron--of course speed is important. The wire can be formed into almost any specialty shape for tooling. As for it being straight a thicker wire would probably be better to reduce the tendency to bend. But the 18 ga makes nice deep holes and could probably be used for anchoring hair into TPE, making nose holes, creating grooves on lips, etc. It could also be used like a foam cutter but again the wire should be thicker if it is to be straight. Works great as a smoothing tool and braided aluminum wire (which I don't have) would probably work well for stippling and texturing. Hopefully the aluminum doesn't have the same oxygen transfer problem copper has.
Aluminum_formed.jpg
Aluminum_formed.jpg (354.46 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Straight.jpg
Straight.jpg (527.95 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

Ant999

Post by Ant999 »

AIMD wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:47 am Hopefully the aluminum doesn't have the same oxygen transfer problem copper has.

The good news is aluminum is happy to stay in one oxidation state (+3) so no jumping around and transferring oxygen to others. More good news is that aluminum exposed to air, immediately coats itself in a layer of oxide that is colourless and smooth, it does not flake or peel and if you scratch it off, it immediately re-forms. I have an old analog tv antenna in the garage, so there is an ample supply of 6.5 mm aluminum rod, I just need the courage to try some repairs on my doll.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Ant999 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:17 am [I just need the courage to try some repairs on my doll.
As has been mentioned by much wiser members it's probably best to practice on scrap TPE or buy a cheap TPE sex toy such as a pocket pussy and practice on that.
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

INFORMATIONS