Realistic pale palms and fot soles on black dolls

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Joegge
Apprentice
Apprentice

Realistic pale palms and fot soles on black dolls

Post by Joegge »

I like black dolls.
What I’ve found out is that realism lacks a bit when it comes to detail realism reguarding pigmentation on hands and feet.
Is it maybee beyond costeffectiveness to make palms and footsoles realisticly pale?

Joegge
Irontech 175 ”black” Rachel, Lola and Penny

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Realistic pale palms and fot soles on black dolls

Post by Bunnyboybob »

I agree. I've got around it by doing it myself with light tan face powder. It fades after a few months. If you want a longer lasting result then you can mix the powder with a little baby oil before applying. Best to work in thin layers. Maybe three in total.
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

Joegge
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Joegge »

It must be very difficult to differ coulors on the casting, or maybe a real professional can suceed?

Joegge
Irontech 175 ”black” Rachel, Lola and Penny

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Can probably be done on a silicone doll.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

On a silicone doll the choice is Psycho Paint - Platinum Silicone Paint Base. Tint as needed, thin it then use either brush or airbrush it to apply. Clean the surfaces WELL before applications.

On a TPE doll, stain lightly with translucent white oil paint. Blend as desired and carefully set with hot air. Depending on the base color you might select a transparent brown or other lighter color.

Cheers!
...w...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Wheezer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:16 pm On a silicone doll the choice is Psycho Paint - Platinum Silicone Paint Base. Tint as needed, thin it then use either brush or airbrush it to apply. Clean the surfaces WELL before applications.

On a TPE doll, stain lightly with translucent white oil paint. Blend as desired and carefully set with hot air. Depending on the base color you might select a transparent brown or other lighter color.

Cheers!
...w...
I'm glad you mentioned this, Wheezer.
I've been wondering about wood stain thinned with XYLENE maybe 2:1 for coloring TPE.
I have some TPE scraps to experiment with...
Any oil base can be cut with any oil base thinner.
It's my theory that a mineral spirits thinned stain would accept a cut with XYLENE.
Before I blow $5 on a little can of minwax , would you agree with my thesis??

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Actually you may be WAY overthinking it. :)

TPE naturally absorbs oil. Oil paint is just finely ground pigment in an oil carrier. So you only need a VERY small amount of oil paint to stain TPE and there is no need for thinner.
As for XYLENE, best to avoid it. It can really damage TPE in small amounts, even worse if you just slathered it on.
The same goes generally for most paint thinner liquids. However there are some oil paint solvents that will not harm TPE, but not many. :(

I mentioned a transparent white, or transparent pink since it is very difficult to lighten up a dark base TPE color.
Your final target may be a wood stain color, but you will not get there using THAT color. A "heavier" lighter color would be needed to tone down the base dark to emulate the feet/palms.

So don't spend the $5 on a can of minwax. Just pick up a small tube of artist oil paint.
Those really cheap "starter sets" usually have paints with a low pigment load, but that might work in you case.
Just get OIL PAINT and not acrylic. :)

On a side note, if you stain with the oil based paint alone then it is not permanent until heat set.
Thus if you do not like the color or you make an oops you can remove it with mineral or baby oil.
That would not be possible if you use a hot carrier such as XYLENE or paint thinner.

An ... naturally ... practice first on a hidden spot. :)

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

For TPE I had pretty good luck airbrushing.
I dissolved/cut my artist grade oil paint with Xylene and airbrushed it on. Then I grabbed the heat gun and set it.

Not a bad result, but learn to airbrush first.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS