www.wmdolls.com

Amazon Mannequin Quality?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Chupacabras
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Amazon Mannequin Quality?

Post by Chupacabras »

Owning a tpe doll takes a lot of work as far as maintenance and such. After realizing that I mainly used my doll as eye candy, I’ve decided that maybe a mannequin is a better fit for me.

Amazon sells some at round $60-$90.

My question is has anyone bought one from Amazon and what are your thoughts on it as far as quality, or should I look elsewhere.

Thanks!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Amazon Mannequin Quality?

Post by Mr Franz »

I don't know about Amazon, but some good mannequin dealers on eBay. That's where I got mine. The cheap ones are okay, but are just thin plastic. Fiberglass is better. You can find those new for not much over $100 shipped. Sometimes even less.

Might also consider a fabric doll. Low maintenance and weight, plus you can pose them. They're also a lot softer for cuddling and other activities. :wink:

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

Mr Franz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:31 pm I don't know about Amazon, but some good mannequin dealers on eBay. That's where I got mine. The cheap ones are okay, but are just thin plastic. Fiberglass is better. You can find those new for not much over $100 shipped. Sometimes even less.

Might also consider a fabric doll. You can pose those and they're a lot softer for cuddling and other activities. :wink:
Mr Franz, wasn't there a person that posted a couple of pictures of mannequins? I can remember the picture. It was like five or six years ago, and this person had a whole mannequin family. Father, mother and a couple of kids. It was really cool!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

jms033 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:39 pm
Mr Franz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:31 pm I don't know about Amazon, but some good mannequin dealers on eBay. That's where I got mine. The cheap ones are okay, but are just thin plastic. Fiberglass is better. You can find those new for not much over $100 shipped. Sometimes even less.

Might also consider a fabric doll. You can pose those and they're a lot softer for cuddling and other activities. :wink:
Mr Franz, wasn't there a person that posted a couple of pictures of mannequins? I can remember the picture. It was like five or six years ago, and this person had a whole mannequin family. Father, mother and a couple of kids. It was really cool!
I don't recall. There's some pics of my gal Suzy here: viewtopic.php?t=82659

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

Mr Franz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:45 pm
jms033 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:39 pm

I don't recall. There's some pics of my gal Suzy here: viewtopic.php?t=82659
I do remember Suzy. Very nice! Maybe I'm thinking of some place else of the mannequin family.

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

I have a generic female mannequin that was bought elsewhere as it was a bit cheaper but the seller and several other vendors offered the same product on Amazon.

The plastic and glass stand had some marks during unboxing but they are hardly noticeable. I expect it took a battering during shipping even though it was well packaged.

Compared to a TPE or inflatable doll, this mannequin will fall to pieces in seconds if care is not taken. It is very happy standing in the corner looking pretty but lay it on the bed and it will separate. The arms will pop off if held out straight but due to gravity, they cannot hold that pose. The arms are tight enough to pose well.

The plastic had sharp marks, I think due to the moulding process. I had to file a couple of tiny places as they caught on lace and nylon. Not a biggie, but something to be aware of.

The seams are visible which is a shame compared to TPE but I'm used to blow-up dolls so not a problem.

The plastic is sturdy so I never have to worry about it breaking.

The head tilts, rotates, and has glass eyes which is a bonus for me.

The head skin tone was a little darker so I tried a spare head I had and it was a perfect match.

For the price, it does the job and I would buy another :thumbs_up:

Female Mannequin.jpg
Female Mannequin.jpg (119.3 KiB) Viewed 591 times
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."
Tagline in the style of Robocop; "PART WOMAN, PART FANTASY, ALL DOLL!"

Dolls Alive! -
Marlene And Layna Ch. マーリーン レーナ

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

HEIGHT.png
HEIGHT.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 589 times
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."
Tagline in the style of Robocop; "PART WOMAN, PART FANTASY, ALL DOLL!"

Dolls Alive! -
Marlene And Layna Ch. マーリーン レーナ

Chupacabras
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Chupacabras »

Thanks for all the imput! I’ll check eBay as well as some sites I found here linked below. Anyone have experience ordering from those sites?

https://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/ ... /sexy.html

https://buystoreshelving.com/female_man ... /index.htm

INFORMATIONS