Starpery.com

PSA Head & neck/body attachment bolts and connectors

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
EllisHolz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

PSA Head & neck/body attachment bolts and connectors

Post by EllisHolz »

When starting out it was hard to find a good source of information on the connectors between the head and neck/body and I had to research many postings, OEM, and reseller websites. I consolidated everything I found here, if I made a mistake please let me know.

1) The industry standard connector is the M16 bolt (2mm thread pitch also referred to as M16/2, M16-2.0, M16 "coarse", or sometimes just M16 (not M16 fine pitch which is 1.5mm)) and this fits almost all dolls. If it's threaded, it's M16. The length of the bolt may differ slightly between 35-45mm. You can get matching bolts, eye hooks, etc at Lowes/Homedepot/Amazon (in the metric section).

1a) Older Irontech - before the summer of 2019 Irontech used M16/M14 connectors. From that point forward Irontech switched to the standard M16 connector. This is the one example that doesn't fit "If it's threaded it's M16".

3) Upgraded Quick Connector: Also known as push-fit, pop-on. The bolt has M16 thread on the body side and ball-lock on the head for a quick on/off removal. The balls are offset and have a 3mm hex keys to adjust the tension on the ball-springs. These connectors can be upgraded on many models, and are compatible with WM, YL, OR, SE, Siliko, JY, AS, Irontech (newer), Climax, Doll 4Ever, SM, Dollhouse168(2019), 6SE/HR (bodies only).

3a) Some models above have started to move to ball-lock on both head and body. These ball-lock adapters look to be back-ward compatible with the threaded M16 models.
viewtopic.php?f=268&t=107498

4) Quick Connector: 6YE, HR. The connector is fixed to the head with ball-lock on the body side.
https://vimeo.com/378113807

5) Quick Connector: DollHouse168 (2016, 2017, EVO models). These a double groove on the neck portion. However 2019 and classic models use M16.

6) Mixing and matching heads and bodies can be done with custom adapters. Keep in mind skin tone and sizing may differ.
http://dollstudio.org/adapters

narasinha

Re: PSA Head & neck/body attachment bolts and connectors

Post by narasinha »

Do you know if "Sexye" dolls quick connector are also M16? It's possible to replace one of those connector with a normal one?

fomodow901
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: PSA Head & neck/body attachment bolts and connectors

Post by fomodow901 »

Anyone familiar with this style quick connector?
I ordered a couple 6YE heads and they came with these. Both ends fit my 6YE body, but the smooth "quick connect" end doesn't fit my other torsos or even the 6YE heads. It appears to be the same size as other head adapters I have. I'm guessing it's the protruding ball that won't allow it to fit, but there doesn't appear to be an adjuster. I've considered trying to hammer the ball out of the way, but thought I'd check if anyone has experience with them first.
Attachments
Adapter.jpg
Adapter.jpg (467.47 KiB) Viewed 68 times

INFORMATIONS