dollstudio.org

China and the art art of forgery

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

China and the art art of forgery

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

these three reports from the "China Observer" give some food for though (no pun intended):

"China’s $4 Cheap Buffet: $0.8 Fake Steaks, Dyed Salmon, Gutter Oil Hotpot and Zombie Meat"

"Scary Counterfeit Foods In China: Fake Beef and Lamb Chops, Rice Made from Plastic, Aluminum Dumplings"

"Fake & Toxic Foods in China 2023 Final Edition: Endless Death Loop of Mutual Harm in Underprivileged"

Any thoughts whether this seemingly common practice in mainland China might also affect the doll industry?

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: China and the art art of forgery

Post by Gaijin »

What do you mean "might" affect it? I'd say it definitely does. Quality control of the dolls we see is an issue, even with TDF trying to be strict with who can advertise and participate here. I'd hate to think how toxic the cheap counterfeit brands can get in that sort of unregulated environment.

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Siliconeman »

It is not just counterfeit products but also non ethical business practises. Be careful when dealing with Chinese sellers directly. I have been fooled twice and I have received very bad quality knockoff dolls from China. One of those smelled very toxic and they had used pictures of a major manufacturer in marketing. It was a horror doll to watch and smell. I made a claim via AliExpress but as a foreigner you have no chance against Chinese seller. For doll-greenhorns I recommend to use reputable TDF approved vendor for doll purchases.

Cheers!

Sili

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Siliconeman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:13 am It is not just counterfeit products but also non ethical business practises. […]
That's one of the parts from these reports that worried me most. They mention a strictly materialistic focus on making money in combination with a lack of traditional values and ethics which is supposed to characterize the current Chinese (mainland) society, plus it is at least tolerated by the political administration.

I think this does not apply, at least not to this excessive extent, to HK and Taiwan. And luckily not the whole 1.4 bn population in mainland China is tainted with this attitude. But with such a 'time trend' lingering below the wealthy and progressive surface, it's definitely advisable to stay vigilant.

And, to be fair, we can observe very similar developments in other parts of the world as well.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

This might be kind of entertaining:

And one more:

INFORMATIONS