kimberdoll.com

I don’t understand bra sizes, which one?

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Gary1124

Re: I don’t understand bra sizes, which one?

Post by Gary1124 »

Raspberry1967 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:26 am Hi MourningWood,

Bra sizing with our gals can be a bit challenging. Them silicone TPE boobs ain’t gonna squish into bras like a woman’s.

They are usually more pronounced, wider against the frame it seems and the dolls generally slender underbust means initially trying to source adult bras with a band measurement of 20-24”….impossible.

But don’t worry, a lot of bras will have far shorter band lengths than the stated length….not unusual to find 30D’s with unstretched band lengths 4 or 5” shorter.

Just measure your doll and using the +4/5” method, bring the band and maybe drop a cup size or two to compensate for the additional band length (sister size).
Then check on https://www.bratabase.com/ for bras that have unstretched band lengths a little nearer to your dolls underbust.

Check out the answer I gave to another potential new doll owner below that details it a bit more:-

viewtopic.php?p=2318916&hilit=Bra+size#p2318916

Hope this helps.

R
So, why don't doll makers focus on realistic 1/1 scale proportions? Most doll always have a band size way too small. Why don't they just follow the prototype, namely real women? Not every man fantasized about cow udder boobs. I personally like A to C Cups on a real girl.

Raspberry1967
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Raspberry1967 »

Gary1124 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:30 pm So, why don't doll makers focus on realistic 1/1 scale proportions? Most doll always have a band size way too small. Why don't they just follow the prototype, namely real women? Not every man fantasized about cow udder boobs. I personally like A to C Cups on a real girl.
Hi Gary1124,

Weight is the primary focus.
If they can provide dolls with relatively realistic, but only slightly disproportionate dimensions compared to a real girl, it’s job done.
The trunk, torso, or whatever you wanna call it is the largest part of the body where they can cut the weight down….and by doing so the waist and underbust measurements are the ones they have to reduce drastically compared to a RG.
Sure they offer cow udders for us aficionados, but the sculpts on some of the A-C cupped girls from various manufacturers/vendors are staggeringly beautiful….despite still being a little disproportionate in size compared to a RG.

Bra fitting for an A-C cupped doll should be a lot easier and result in a far better fit than their cow uddered sisters.
Even with an unrealistically small underbust of 19-22 inches, so many bras with a stated 28” band will have unstretched band length of 23” - ish….. 21” on tightest clip.
Also the bras centre gore should fit snug on an A-C cupped dolls sternum like it should do….unlike cow uddered dolls.

Dolls are just that…dolls…they offer a fair representation of a real woman/man….a degree of realism.
I don’t think any of us want manufacturers telling us all dolls supplied will be between 55 and 65kg as per the average RG…..I don’t want ‘that’ much realism….it’d kill this old dude lol 😂

R
Frances loves her massive boobs squeezed into huge bras..

Huge Boobs in Huge Bras
https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159179

The Basque
https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=15

Sheer - Lingerie and Clothes
viewtopic.php?t=175622

C’mon..pop out a boob/boobs
viewtopic.php?t=177525

Davey2469
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Davey2469 »

MourningWood wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:29 am After some searching I found an old post that said Kimbers bra size is 30DD or 32D. I’m looking on websites like aliexpress and can’t find those sizes. I have no clue how bra sizes work which one of these would work? (See attachment for options given)
Here is a calculator to help once you have measured your girl. It gives cross sizes for clarification. Finding one that fits is going to be a challenge so make sure you can exchange them if needed.
https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php
170cm C S39 Real Lady silicone Lalya Real Lady “The bOMb
Current: viewtopic.php?t=178506
First version: viewtopic.php?t=173583
Interested in IronTech? - https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme - carycme10 for 10% off
167cm S39 ITSRS WR 60kg UltraSoft silicone

159cm E silicone Hedy Starpery - Darla
viewtopic.php?t=174942
Newer: viewtopic.php?t=179212

Gary1124

Post by Gary1124 »

Raspberry1967 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:39 am
Gary1124 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:30 pm So, why don't doll makers focus on realistic 1/1 scale proportions? Most doll always have a band size way too small. Why don't they just follow the prototype, namely real women? Not every man fantasized about cow udder boobs. I personally like A to C Cups on a real girl.
Hi Gary1124,

Weight is the primary focus.
If they can provide dolls with relatively realistic, but only slightly disproportionate dimensions compared to a real girl, it’s job done.
The trunk, torso, or whatever you wanna call it is the largest part of the body where they can cut the weight down….and by doing so the waist and underbust measurements are the ones they have to reduce drastically compared to a RG.
Sure they offer cow udders for us aficionados, but the sculpts on some of the A-C cupped girls from various manufacturers/vendors are staggeringly beautiful….despite still being a little disproportionate in size compared to a RG.

Bra fitting for an A-C cupped doll should be a lot easier and result in a far better fit than their cow uddered sisters.
Even with an unrealistically small underbust of 19-22 inches, so many bras with a stated 28” band will have unstretched band length of 23” - ish….. 21” on tightest clip.
Also the bras centre gore should fit snug on an A-C cupped dolls sternum like it should do….unlike cow uddered dolls.

Dolls are just that…dolls…they offer a fair representation of a real woman/man….a degree of realism.
I don’t think any of us want manufacturers telling us all dolls supplied will be between 55 and 65kg as per the average RG…..I don’t want ‘that’ much realism….it’d kill this old dude lol
R
I would say from what I have shopped at that the 4.5-5 foot range with smaller cups leave more room for proportion. I've know women that actually have trouble with cup/band combinations for real. They end up Sports Bra aficionados, LoL. The stretch helps. I am shocked more doll owners don't just go with the sports bra.

Lhadatt
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lhadatt »

Mr Franz wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:38 pm
TJ cop wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:44 am Trying to figure this out I didn’t purchase a Kimber, but the one I did get was listed as a C cup and the measurements were.
5’7” tall
Bust 34.4” 87.3 cm
Under bust 28’ 71.5 cm
Waist 25.4 64.5 cm
Hips 37” 93.9 cm
So the bra sizes would not be a 35 C
The pants and skirts look like they would fall into the small sizes from the charts I have looked at, is this crest thinking on my part.
So what would the bra sizes be
Using old school math, taking the under bust measurement, 28" + 4" = 32" This is your (band size)
Subtract that from the bust measurement, 34" - 32" = 2" The difference is your cup size. In this case. (B)
So your bra size would be, 32B
https://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashi ... e-bra-size
https://skims.com/pages/bra-calculator
I'm curious as I wait for my first doll to arrive and this is the clothing part I am having the hardest time trying to find. Does buying a bigger band size not make the bra fit strangely? I purchased a Xelex SLE 165D and by the measurements it should be a 26D, but those are nowhere to be found. Would I then go with a 30B?
Zelex SLE ZX165D + ZXE215-1

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Lhadatt wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:37 pm
TJ cop wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:44 am Trying to figure this out I didn’t purchase a Kimber, but the one I did get was listed as a C cup and the measurements were.
5’7” tall
Bust 34.4” 87.3 cm
Under bust 28’ 71.5 cm
Waist 25.4 64.5 cm
Hips 37” 93.9 cm
The pants and skirts look like they would fall into the small sizes from the charts I have looked at, is this crest thinking on my part.
Using old school math, taking the under bust measurement, 28" + 4" = 32" This is your (band size)
Subtract that from the bust measurement, 34" - 32" = 2" The difference is your cup size. In this case. (B)
I'm curious as I wait for my first doll to arrive and this is the clothing part I am having the hardest time trying to find. Does buying a bigger band size not make the bra fit strangely? I purchased a Xelex SLE 165D and by the measurements it should be a 26D, but those are nowhere to be found. Would I then go with a 30B?
Well, do wait for your doll to arrive and take your own measurements to determine bra size. The listed sizes are not always accurate. But yes, in theory 30B or even 32A would be the sister size to 26D. When you increase the band size, you also have to decrease the cup size in order to maintain the same cup volume. In other words, a 30B/32A cup is wider than the cup of a 26D, but not as deep. So, though the band size is greater, the smaller depth cup will curve around the breast taking up the slack.

That said, not every style bra lends itself to sister sizing. Soft cup bras work best. Alternatively, you can also modify a bra with the correct cup size, but the wrong band size, by either relocating the position of the clasps in back or taking out a section of the band where it meets the cups at the sides. Depending on the bra, you may also have to move the anchor points of the straps in back. Not as daunting as it sounds. :wink:

I did a simple bra mod here a while back: viewtopic.php?p=1582462

Gary1124

Post by Gary1124 »

Mr Franz wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:59 pm
Lhadatt wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:37 pm
5’7” tall
Bust 34.4” 87.3 cm
Under bust 28’ 71.5 cm
Waist 25.4 64.5 cm
Hips 37” 93.9 cm
Well, do wait for your doll to arrive and take your own measurements to determine bra size. The listed sizes are not always accurate. But yes, in theory 30B or even 32A would be the sister size to 26D. When you increase the band size, you also have to decrease the cup size in order to maintain the same cup volume. In other words, a 30B/32A cup is wider than the cup of a 26D, but not as deep. So, though the band size is greater, the smaller depth cup will curve around the breast taking up the slack.

That said, not every style bra lends itself to sister sizing. Soft cup bras work best. Alternatively, you can also modify a bra with the correct cup size, but the wrong band size, by either relocating the position of the clasps in back or taking out a section of the band where it meets the cups at the sides. Depending on the bra, you may also have to move the anchor points of the straps in back. Not as daunting as it sounds. :wink:

I did a simple bra mod here a while back: viewtopic.php?p=1582462
Right now all I have is a cheap 100CM blonde and I've made gowns out of old T-tops for her. But when I do order my first realistically sized doll I will like just go with sports bra. Much easier.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Gary1124 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:59 pm Right now all I have is a cheap 100CM blonde and I've made gowns out of old T-tops for her. But when I do order my first realistically sized doll I will like just go with sports bra. Much easier.
That's certainly an option. Bralettes are another. Similar to a traditional lace bra, but without dedicated cup sizes. Easy enough to make a halter style bra from an old tank or bikini top as well.

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Zlamvam »

I need some help for getting a bra for my girl, pls.
Measurements in Cm: 56 x 73, and in Inches it is: 22 x 29.

Davey2469
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Davey2469 »

Zlamvam wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:54 pm I need some help for getting a bra for my girl, pls.
Measurements in Cm: 56 x 73, and in Inches it is: 22 x 29.
Most likely juniors. If you read previous replies, there is a lot of info there.
170cm C S39 Real Lady silicone Lalya Real Lady “The bOMb
Current: viewtopic.php?t=178506
First version: viewtopic.php?t=173583
Interested in IronTech? - https://www.irontechdoll.com/?sld=carycme - carycme10 for 10% off
167cm S39 ITSRS WR 60kg UltraSoft silicone

159cm E silicone Hedy Starpery - Darla
viewtopic.php?t=174942
Newer: viewtopic.php?t=179212

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

⬜
🧭 Interesting, Similar or Related Topics:
How to select the right Bra to support your Dolly's Breasts!:
viewtopic.php?t=110486

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Zlamvam »

K, clicked the link. Got the Calculator to go to. Seems like it is not supported? Not sure I understand, Is my mesaurements too small??
Those measurements is the corect one, I know. What am I supposed to do?
Pls help.

EDIT: Ok, so it could be good in my case to buy one that is the most fitting overall the size but make sure it is a bra with a tightening clip??
I´m confused.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Zlamvam wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm K, clicked the link. Got the Calculator to go to. Seems like it is not supported? Not sure I understand, Is my mesaurements too small??
Those measurements is the corect one, I know. What am I supposed to do?
Pls help.

EDIT: Ok, so it could be good in my case to buy one that is the most fitting overall the size but make sure it is a bra with a tightening clip??
I´m confused.
The problem is that to save weight and material, the underbra (the band) circumference is not realistic. So, you take a bra that has the right bust size, and the band will not be tight… it is what it is… my solution: you buy a bra and then another one, and another one, until you find the right size… buy on SHEIN or something like that and you don’t spend too much money on that trial and error.
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

Zephyrus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Zephyrus »

MourningWood wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:29 amI have no clue how bra sizes work...
Don't worry, in my experience neither do women or bra shops. Buy one from a place that takes returns, if it's too big get a smaller one, if it's too small get a bigger one. Buy several to reduce the number of iterations. Maybe none within a particular brand will fit, in which case try a different brand. To keep costs down return the ones that don't fit.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Zephyrus wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:43 pm
MourningWood wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:29 amI have no clue how bra sizes work...
Don't worry, in my experience neither do women or bra shops. Buy one from a place that takes returns, if it's too big get a smaller one, if it's too small get a bigger one. Buy several to reduce the number of iterations. Maybe none within a particular brand will fit, in which case try a different brand. To keep costs down return the ones that don't fit.
And, by the way, IRL women have the same problem... It's just easier for them to go back to the store and replace...
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

INFORMATIONS