betterlovedoll.com

Say hello to Püppi!

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Shiranui Gen-An

Re: Say hello to Püppi!

Post by Shiranui Gen-An »

Scatterling wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:15 pm Yeeaah, that's the main thing I'm unsure whether I'm really up for - the expense isn't so much the issue, but the frequent care & maintenance. :painting: Plus the fear that despite best efforts, a doll might only last a couple years - or take damage earlier with just a little bit of bad luck or a moment of carelessness. My heart kinda sank when I read about the first faceplant incident on Mausi's part; that's gotta suck. She came back tho! :multi:
This concern is absolutely justified. The regular care is not so bad, you'll want to powder her from time to time in order to make the skin feel smooth again, and when you get a WM Doll in these days, the TPE doesn't need to be oiled too much, in fact you would risk to oversaturate it when you overdo it. The risk of taking damage on the other hand - that's quite an issue, or at least it has been for me, especially in the first weeks. First of all, the TPE is really responsive to any contact with solid materials, and the doll is really heavy and bulky to move around, and in the first days, she kind of developed a life of its own when I tried to move her. You should really have some space around you when you practice to handle her in the beginning. Also, fingernails and eyelashes are kind of a constant issue, because they always fall off or get damaged somehow just by laying her on the bed for instance. And the makeup won't last forever either. Plus there is the staining issue with darker clothes, which of course you can avoid by simply not using darker clothes, but if you like black, then you will sooner or later come across stains. Luckily, there are ways to repair most of those daily life accidents, be it with special glue or with tools like a soldering iron or a hot air rework station, or benzoylperoxyd acne cream for the stains. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to use all these things if I simply watch out well enough, but it happens faster than you can look. So now I have a soldering iron and a rework station, both with adjustable temperatures, some tweezers and a magnifying lens for the eyelashes and the makeup, a brush for powdering her, some 3M primer 94 (which was not easy to get in my country because of bureaucratic constraints) and a thin brush to apply it, a makeup case and several brushes for application, and even an iron and an ironing board for her clothes, because I never needed one for the clothes that I wear. And a couple of carbon combs and brushes and several accessories for her hair, so I can make some ponytails and stuff. And curlers (the curls on the blonde wig are self-made)... the list goes on.

Now this might sound a little intimidating, but if you're not averse to handicrafts (in fact I really like it), then there is little to be afraid of. It will become a new hobby, and - speaking for myself - most of the things like renewing the makeup or the eyelashes become a routine after a short time, and reward you with sheer beauty. It is quite an investment, true, so you will want to get a quality doll from a renowned manufacturer in the first place. And if you are careful, you might not even come across any issues, just remember to always place her on soft, smooth surfaces and avoid contact with your environment when you move her around. And if you want to change her stance, better lay her on the bed or something similar first, before you move her legs, or else she will probably crash down and you will look quite helpless trying to hold her. :lol: But at the end of the line it's a fantastic product to have and to play around with, and even though it needs some attention, the fun is always in the foreground. Just be careful and aware that it needs some care, you can read all you need to know in this forum, and once you know what to expect, you can prepare yourself pretty well. Look at me, I'm still having fun after all that's happened! :multi:

By the way, I bought my doll from dollsclub.de, and I wouldn't recommend them, see this thread. Those offers are often launched by the manufacturers, and the vendors just pass them on to the customers, so when there is a 2nd head for free, it's probably free on several resellers. ;)

Scatterling
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Scatterling »

Thanks a bunch for the detailed doll life lessons! :thumbs_up:
Shiranui Gen-An wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:13 pmSo now I have [...] even an iron and an ironing board for her clothes, because I never needed one for the clothes that I wear.
Ok, that's sort of funny too, that the doll's clothes receive more posh conditioning than your own. :D But it makes total sense - I only ever iron my stuff for the rare occasion that I need suit+shirt on me in good shape, but a doll of course is all about the looks and style. :plaidskirt:
Now this might sound a little intimidating, but if you're not averse to handicrafts (in fact I really like it)
Can't say I like the idea of doing all this handiwork, but I suppose the redeeming factor is that I would get to work on a frickin' hot girl :lol: and that - hopefully - the results would be worth the effort. I say hopefully, because I'm sure this shit (especially putting on make-up and fixing eyelashes etc) requires practice to get good results... not to knock on anyone, but I've seen photos around here where the owner did a bit of a botched job in applying lipstick for instance, and it just looks pretty silly rather than sexy. :whistle:

Anyway, I'm slowly accomodating myself to the idea of potentially owning a doll, and trying to get a feel for whether or not I like that prospect. Thanks again for your insight!
By the way, I bought my doll from dollsclub.de, and I wouldn't recommend them, see this thread. Those offers are often launched by the manufacturers, and the vendors just pass them on to the customers, so when there is a 2nd head for free, it's probably free on several resellers. ;)
Also thanks for that heads-up :thumbs_up:

Shiranui Gen-An

It may appear a little awkward, but I really dwelled into the world of women with this doll... it's kind of strange to buy eyelashes or fingernails and makeup as a man, but I live in an educated and open-minded society, and nobody asks me or even cares what I want to do with this stuff. And youtube is full of make-up hints for doing it right... there are also a lot of tips in the videos from dollpark.com, if you speak German (I suppose you do, thinking of the Kartoffelsack :D ). I also saw a lot of not-so-nice "paintjobs" here, and my advice is not to overdo it. Less is more. Don't paint the lipstick over the corners of the mouth for example, and remember that you can always get it off with a sponge and some baby oil. Eye shadow works best, you can use it for the whole body (also meaning the "private parts"), or you can use lipgloss for the mouth, which is easier to apply with a small makeup brush than a big fat lipstick. Actually, when my doll arrived, I removed the lipstick right away, because I didn't like it, and put on some lipgloss, and it was easy because I had watched some of those videos from that link before. You'll get behind it. For fixing the eyelashes, you can also find a video in the link where it's shown. It's not that hard, if you know how to do it. And if it doesn't look good, you can start over. But this will only be necessary after a while, because when the doll arrives, she is already made up, and if you treat her nice, it will last a while. ;)

Scatterling
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Scatterling »

Shiranui Gen-An wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:35 pmthere are also a lot of tips in the videos from dollpark.com, if you speak German (I suppose you do, thinking of the Kartoffelsack :D ).
Yup, guilty as charged. :mrgreen:
And yeah, watching like a dozen vids on Dollpark was one of the first things I did when I started looking into dolls again this time around. They seem like a pretty good resource.

Shiranui Gen-An

So, here it is, finally... this shooting took four and a half weeks, and I tried around with lighting at the start (which I abandoned shortly after), so the pictures all look slightly different. I hope it doesn't break the immersion too much, I tried to make them look alike as well as I could, but I can't do magic. I also did some minor photoshopping in order to make Püppi look less fucked up than she actually is. Nevertheless, I hope you can enjoy it! :D

It was my birthday the other day, and Püppi decided to do me a favor and dress elegantly for that occasion.

Well, blow me away! What an outfit!

Image Image

Pew!

... but that outfit was not the only treat that Püppi had in mind. It turned out to become a show, so let me introduce:

United Arstits proudly present:
9/2 Weeks
aka
You can leave your hat on

Here we go! Enjoy! (and crank up that Joe Cocker tune!)

Image Image

Great show! Image

"We're only just beginning", she said. "Follow me!"

Image Image

Image Image

"Let me take you for a ride, straight into the sky!"

Colour me intrigued... Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

"Dude, I'm totally having an out-of-body experience here!"

Suits you! Image

"Well, come on now..."

The End

The rest is up to your imagination. ;)

to be continued...

b33
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by b33 »

Nice photo set, she is cute.
Kaley 3.0 Zelex X165 GE94-2 head
Main Threadviewtopic.php?t=164426

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Wow! That's a hot show! :onfire:

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Scatterling
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Scatterling »

"United Arstits", I see what you did there! I see you! :lol:

I also see how this shoot wasn't done in a day, but took "9/2 weeks" (I see you!) - you had to plan an entire "strip choreography", and then go through with it shot by shot, well over 30 different poses in total, some of which must've been NOT easy to pull off! :o

Like dang, that pose is something else! :multi: And so is dat ass, of course! :twisted:

Btw, were you worried right there that she would lean backwards too much and unceremoniously drop to the floor? I know I would. :D

Also, cool to see that the fingers are strong enough to put at least a little bit of tension on the fabric of her outfit :) like here:

Overall, great success on this strip show! :plaidskirt:

Oh, and happy belated birthday! :glou:

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

:plaidskirt: Wow 8O That's a lot of work, and an outstanding result :drinking: 8)

GraFXman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GraFXman »

• What a SPECTACULAR photo-story Shiranui!!
    The grace and elegance are SUPERB!!

Love that outfit and the carefully sequenced shots!!
    I can only imagine the monumental amount of time & work that went into putting this together.

When you saw the results I’m guessing you realized that you had exceeded your own expectations, am I right?
    Hopefully you will consider doing another story-line later on because Püppi is absolutely gorgeous and irresistible!!

INFORMATIONS