www.yourdoll.com

Why the small feet

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Shadowplay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Why the small feet

Post by Shadowplay »

Sorry people, kind of a rant ..

Why do doll manufacturers put such small feet on the dolls?
Next to the fact that it is totally unrealistic (I know a lot of short women but none has feet under size 36 EU), it's very hard to get nice shoes and heels for your doll.
My FanReal has size 36/37 - which is fantastic - but now looking at pretty SE dolls and their feet are 21-22 cm.

¿¿WHY??

It can't possibly be the tiny amount of extra silicone. Not sure if it's considered ugly to have feet 1 cm over 22 cm in China, where they make the dolls?
But that extra centimeter or two would greatly help finding appropriate shoes for all doll owners across the world.

Thanks for reading! :mrgreen:
Why the small feet on dolls? so you can't find decent shoes? :roll:
Please make them at least 23+ cm or size 6 (US)/size 36 (EU), that would be great!

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Why the small feet

Post by Oscar DeBarataria »

The size of those feet is only one of the ways these dollmakers are falling short on feet. I could give you a half-dozen complaints about them.

But yes. Anything less than 23 cm is unacceptable and I wouldn't buy it.
Amber's Zelex review thread: viewtopic.php?t=153776

Amber's Eye Candy thread: viewtopic.php?t=153865

The New Adventures of Amber! viewtopic.php?t=156353

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

Considering foot-binding is still practiced in China, I can only assume there is still desire for small feet.

But I’m wirh you … 23cm and over please!
Starpery 151cm with “Libby” (Lubby head)
Zelex 170C with “Mariana” (GE125), “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16)
>>> Mariana, Zoey & Ori's Thread

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Zlamvam »

I really never thought of such a subject being important for anyone.
The important issue for me is to actually find the correct shoesize for her. Not the other way around.

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Zlamvam wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:29 am I really never thought of such a subject being important for anyone.
The important issue for me is to actually find the correct shoesize for her. Not the other way around.
Anything smaller than size 6/36 means finding shoes for your doll becomes a nightmare - at least if you want her to have nice shoes.

Also, small feet makes it a little harder to stand her up in anything but basic positions. Larger feet make for a sturdier platform to stand on (and they also make for less pressure on the ankle joints, which might make them loosen more slowly).

mebaru

Post by mebaru »

Not only do sex dolls seem to have smaller legs than actual women, they also seem to have smaller heads. :|
My gal
Irontech 163plus-G TPE Sandra#35 Sarah#67

Orpheus7
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Orpheus7 »

I watched a documentary once about feet wrapping in China.
It turns out small feet are considered very attractive in China. Because of this, people would wrap young girls feet in order to keep them small. The process was simple, you would take some strips of cloth and bind them as tightly around her feet as you could. This would sometime make the feet smaller, but sometimes lead to deformities and cause the poor girl to go lame and be unable to walk or run.
Once the communists took control of China, they outlawed feet wrapping. They would send squads of soldiers into villages, round up all the young girls and look and see if their feet were wrapped. If they were, they would remove the wrappings and beat the parents senseless. Then they would tell everyone they would be back soon. A week? A month? You never knew.
This had the effect of ending the feet wrapping. The communists had to really go all gangster on the population to keep this horrible practice in check. Might be the one positive thing the Chinese communists did do.
Small feet are still considered to be a very attractive trait in China today as it has been for millennia.

Just pointing this out to illustrate the lengths and depths that women's small feet and attractiveness have in Chinese society.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

My WM 125 takes a US youth size 1 - 1 1/2. Not impossible to find nice shoes in those sizes, but definitely a challenge.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

Arisa_ wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:24 am Considering foot-binding is still practiced in China, I can only assume there is still desire for small feet.

But I’m wirh you … 23cm and over please!
Is it? It was banned over a 100 years ago, and the Cultural Revolution cracked down on the practice pretty hard. I can't find any articles saying it survived into the 21st century.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

I adore petite feet…. BUT completely Agree with the need for dolls from 136cm and taller….feet should be a size 5 (us) or 22cm and larger at a MINIMUM. We are seeing FAR too many dolls with feet 20-21 cm, which while cute, makes sourcing footwear difficult.

I don’t think longer feet (we are talking a mere additional 2cm in most cases) would look out of proportion (even into the shorter gurls) and would only enhance looks and function.

:deadhorse:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

cycleingking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by cycleingking »

Totally agree that we need to start seeing realistically bigger feet and heads! When I see dolls with a 22cm, I get very excited of the possibilities of this changing soon...fingers crossed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Passionate about ROS, LHP and Silicone
Mistresses

Rotgut_the_bloated

Post by Rotgut_the_bloated »

Imagine how it is for us foot fetishist, who end up with a doll whose feet is 20 cm long. Bought a size EU 34 stripper heels, only one at this size as all others are bigger size, and its still 2-4 cm way too big for my doll. crazy. Im gonna buy a pair of feet only just to enjoy my foot fetish properly with heels on.

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

SinsuaLuvr wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 pm I adore petite feet…. BUT completely Agree with the need for dolls from 136cm and taller….feet should be a size 5 (us) or 22cm and larger at a MINIMUM. We are seeing FAR too many dolls with feet 20-21 cm, which while cute, makes sourcing footwear difficult.

I don’t think longer feet (we are talking a mere additional 2cm in most cases) would look out of proportion (even into the shorter gurls) and would only enhance looks and function.

:deadhorse:
I'll just go by US shoe sizes here.

The average shoe size for American women is size 8 1/2. The average American woman is 5-foot-4, which conforms to roughly a 165 cm doll.

For a woman 5-foot-6, which conforms to a 170 cm doll, the average shoe size is 9.

A size 6 shoe, which is essentially the right fit for a 23 cm foot, is in proportion to a woman standing five feet or five-foot-1 - or 152-154 cm.

So you're looking at a shoe size that makes sense for 152 cm doll built for a 170 cm doll.

I get that according to Asian sensibilities, in which small feet are considered desirable, something disproportionate like that is a plus. But for the Western market and particularly the American market, it's a miss.

Then you add the construction of the feet, where they're pouring TPE or silicon around a metal skeleton with sharp edges, or worse, they're giving you Frankenstein bolts sticking out of the feet which are unsightly and sloppy, and essentially this whole industry has botched one of the more desirable parts of the body on these dolls.

It's lazy. It wouldn't cost much more to construct feel that look and function and LAST like real feet.

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

Orpheus7 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:47 pm I watched a documentary once about feet wrapping in China.
It turns out small feet are considered very attractive in China. Because of this, people would wrap young girls feet in order to keep them small..........
I have really read a lot about the history
of old civilizations, and if I remember correctly,
this custom was appeared during the reign
of the 🐉Manchu dynasty...

INFORMATIONS