Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Just Received This From Abyss

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

jiayi
Management
Management

Just Received This From Abyss

Post by jiayi »

This was sent to the owners of TDF.

“You may have recently heard about some changes to Realdoll’s ownership structure; I’d like to confirm the changes and say that this is all good news. We have merged with a public company, and as such now have access to financial support to further take the brand and the company forward into growth. Further, Realdoll’s sister company Realbotix will be able to continue the development of its highly realistic robotic platform and its AI systems. We are extremely excited for the future of both brands!! I have returned to a much more active role in production at Abyss, and as such I assure you that the positive changes will be noticed.

Additionally, there are many Realdoll customers that have been waiting for an extended time to receive product, and I am happy to say that everything currently on order at Abyss Creations will be shipped with the next 4 months, and at that time it is our intent to carry stock on popular items so that lead times become a thing of the past. I’d like to thank each and every one of these customers for being so patient during the last year or so, as we had limited working capital and reduced staff, and were doing our best to keep up. We have just hired 8 new full time employees and have additional interviews scheduled in the coming weeks.

Since we are now a public company, anyone who ever wanted to invest in either Realdoll or Realbotix can now do so; You may have received an email outlining that if you are on our mailing lists.

We will keep you all posted, but rest assured, only good things lie ahead: New product development, and elimination of lead times!”

-Matt

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Just Received This From Abyss

Post by Gaijin »

Sounds like good news. Hopefully the new owners are looking for a long-term investment, and not some cheap boost to their stock prices.

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

jiayi wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:47 pm
Further, Realdoll’s sister company Realbotix will be able to continue the development of its highly realistic robotic platform and its AI systems. We are extremely excited for the future of both brands!! I have returned to a much more active role in production at Abyss, and as such I assure you that the positive changes will be noticed.
:glou:

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

jiayi wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:47 pm This was sent to the owners of TDF.

“You may have recently heard about some changes to Realdoll’s ownership structure; I’d like to confirm the changes and say that this is all good news. We have merged with a public company, and as such now have access to financial support to further take the brand and the company forward into growth. Further, Realdoll’s sister company Realbotix will be able to continue the development of its highly realistic robotic platform and its AI systems. We are extremely excited for the future of both brands!! I have returned to a much more active role in production at Abyss, and as such I assure you that the positive changes will be noticed.

Additionally, there are many Realdoll customers that have been waiting for an extended time to receive product, and I am happy to say that everything currently on order at Abyss Creations will be shipped with the next 4 months, and at that time it is our intent to carry stock on popular items so that lead times become a thing of the past. I’d like to thank each and every one of these customers for being so patient during the last year or so, as we had limited working capital and reduced staff, and were doing our best to keep up. We have just hired 8 new full time employees and have additional interviews scheduled in the coming weeks.

Since we are now a public company, anyone who ever wanted to invest in either Realdoll or Realbotix can now do so; You may have received an email outlining that if you are on our mailing lists.

We will keep you all posted, but rest assured, only good things lie ahead: New product development, and elimination of lead times!”

-Matt
I'm happy to hear this, and I do hope for the best for Abyss. I'm also hoping this increase in scale will allow prices to decrease. The high prices are understandable as they are producing dolls in the US, but at the same time is does make them a bit uncompetitive. I'll be watching with interest, and I do hope Abyss is able to achieve what they have planned. It would be nice to one day have a fully functional robot.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Awesome to hear from Matt himself and great to see he has taken the reigns back. This can only have a positive effect and I wish them all the best!

freeman01

Post by freeman01 »

As a recent NEW shareholder of Tokens.com (parent company), I'm VERY happy to hear this direct from Matt. The move from California to Nevada (Las Vegas) greatly improved their tax situation and cut a lot of operating costs. Now that they added a bunch of new staff (as Matt said), production can ramp way up. Hoping with being a publicly traded company and having increased capital, they can leverage that to improve their materials costs. Abyss is still the best!
Live your life as you dream it and not necessarily as it was handed to you.

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

I hope this means that they're going to start rolling out some other items soon. I'm not super happy with the toy I got from them a few years back (discontinued now anyway), but I'm hopeful that some tinkering in the meantime will have paid off and there's some good stuff coming.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

jca wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:14 pm I hope this means that they're going to start rolling out some other items soon. I'm not super happy with the toy I got from them a few years back (discontinued now anyway), but I'm hopeful that some tinkering in the meantime will have paid off and there's some good stuff coming.
I'd definitely buy their new "fleshlight" as it looks like it'd work well for a robot I have, but the $800 price is way, way too overpriced for what you're getting. Maybe it is better than other comparable silicone products, but I wouldn't know as they don't provide any details on it, and barely have any pictures. Again, I want one, but not for $800.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Great news

freeman01

Post by freeman01 »

FYI, incase you try to track down the stock ticker for the company, it recently changed from SMURF to XBOTF. As funny as SMURF was, XBOTF is a more serious and business oriented name. Only speculating, but I can see that as a big reason to change it.

Go XBOTF! To the MOON!
Live your life as you dream it and not necessarily as it was handed to you.

Phil_O2
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Phil_O2 »

I created a new account, used to be phil_02. It's been a couple of years. Might remember me as the Kaori/Lupe fan I'm really glad to hear Abbyss has found a means to grow. In this day and age we live in, RealDoll provides people with an outlet, maybe an escape, that is safe and healthy. Good Job!

INFORMATIONS