Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Shet Her Mouth

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Shet Her Mouth

Post by AlexKnight »

Indeed, I just took two pictures of the rear of a RD1 face, as you can see, the mouth cavity is attached, and rests between the skull and the lower jaw.

Below the mouth cavity, you can see the velcro pad that attaches to the chin.
Attachments
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG (916.4 KiB) Viewed 4153 times
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG (915.74 KiB) Viewed 4153 times
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

Well, live and learn.

Now this thread is complete; it shows the rears of both types of Face-X. :)
I need to avoid both TDF and chocolate candy, for similar reasons.

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

That is a well put together tutorial Gramps and it is always nice to get to see Paula's beautiful face. 8)
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

Janesays, Paula says Thank you.

And coming from such a quiet woman, that's like a fireworks display!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

janesays wrote:That is a well put together tutorial Gramps and it is always nice to get to see Paula's beautiful face. 8)
I agree; Paula is one of the most dignified looking dolls I've seen here.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

Thanks Szalinski, I am indeed trying for the dignified look with Paula because she is named after a dignified woman friend. And I think that a less open mouth gives me what I want.

Paula also looks like a younger version of Monica Crowley, a commentator on the McLaughlin Group show, who is dignified (and hot).
Monica8.jpg
Monica8.jpg (290.7 KiB) Viewed 3170 times

LumpyPickleJuice
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LumpyPickleJuice »

Wow Gramps, i'm impressed you did a nice job with that. I would be to afraid to try that myself, if i wanted to at some point. It was cool to see the back of both types of the face x. so the mouth insert comes out of the rd2? I wasn't sure if it was an insert.

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

LPJ, yes the mouth insert plugs into the head with magnets, just like the face. And she comes with an optional tongue that can be slid into the mouth insert with lots of wiggling and pushing or quickly with a little lube.

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

I've had dolls with the oral insert and the original (RD1) one piece. For kissing realism the RD1 (for me) wins hands down. With the insert design there's this weird airspace between the lips and insert that detracts from the realism. If I got a Rd2 I'd take the RD1 skull/faces for that reason.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Shut Her Mouth

Post by Szalinski »

Gramps wrote:
Szalinski wrote:The problem (in this case) with the RD-1 face-X is that the mouth is a part of the face, it doesn't conveniently end behind the lips.
So the RD-1 Face-X has something dangling behind the lips that is the equivalent of the mouth insert on the RD-2?
Yes. Where the backside of Paula's face ends at the lips, Sharon's (and all RD-1's faces) have a silicone pouch that extends back into the skull about 4 inches.

Have you ever found a way to incorporate a smile? Doesn't have to be a a full on grin, a "Mona Lisa smirk" would be sufficient. Just something so she doesn't look so - anesthetized.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

jediguy1019
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jediguy1019 »

I remember seeing some time ago someone tried to close the mouth of a RD1 with rubber bands. I'm a little scared to try this due to the chance of the bands cutting into the silicone on the mouth piece that goes back into the head. I would like to close my face 8's mouth more...any suggestions?
Attachments
DSCN9818.JPG
DSCN9818.JPG (231.21 KiB) Viewed 2545 times

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

If the design of the RD1 skulls hasn't changed, there should be two stubs on the lower jaw, which prevent the jaw from closing more, by removing those, the mouth can close a bit more.
Also, move the velcro connection underneath her skin a bit more towards the front, that'll push her lips up a little, closing the mouth even more.

With RD1's, you can't close the mouth completely, without resorting to rubber bands, or things like that, but by using the above tricks, you can come pretty close.

Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Nice tricks and now you are talking heads here I have question as I never really tought about it.
When I bought my 4wood doll I also bought 2 additional heads that I can pose very well as they are solid and have their own stand + wig. I even hug those heads sometimes. They are nice decorations too.

Now how does that work with Realdoll as it is only the face? How you pose your extra heads?
Do you like the face system?

Is it something like this? Image

jediguy1019
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jediguy1019 »

AlexKnight wrote:If the design of the RD1 skulls hasn't changed, there should be two stubs on the lower jaw, which prevent the jaw from closing more, by removing those, the mouth can close a bit more.
Also, move the velcro connection underneath her skin a bit more towards the front, that'll push her lips up a little, closing the mouth even more.

With RD1's, you can't close the mouth completely, without resorting to rubber bands, or things like that, but by using the above tricks, you can come pretty close.

Thanks Alex! I think that may do the trick. I'll give it a shot

INFORMATIONS