Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Need Selling Advice

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Vapors
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Need Selling Advice

Post by Vapors »

I posted once last year to ask advice about buying, the community was a great help. Bought a great doll and now I need advice on selling. Yeah I know I'm just anti social.

If anyone has experience shipping a doll in the US what company did you use and how much did it cost?

What is the expected depreciation on a doll that is one year old? I bought my doll for a total of $6199. That was with the $400 shipping. Would it be unreasonable to ask $3000 + shipping for a doll in good shape + a custom doll hanger I made and all her clothes and wigs?

What was the method of payment anyone used, I've never sold something this valuable before.

I would prefer to sell directly to someone in the TDF that I know would appreciate her and the value.

Thanks again guys and gals.

Cheers,

moomoo1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Need Selling Advice

Post by moomoo1 »

I can't help with too much, but I would say the easiest/most prevalent method of payment is PayPal.

As for doll depreciation, I don't think there is any hard and fast rules. It really comes down to a multitude of factors (type, condition, age, technology, rarity, etc.) and the seller's choice ultimately. Assuming your doll is good nick and you are throwing in all those extras, asking for $3000+ is no trouble at all. In fact (once again depending on factors which are unknown to me) you should probably looking at around $5000+ mark.

Hope that helps you.

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

As Moomoo has said. What you really need to do is to go back over the 'sold BoyToy' threads and gauge an asking price. Paypal is good but you do pay the fees so bear that in mind.

You're most likely going to get enquiries now you've posted this and you'll get the low-ball offers. Just put those jokers on your ignore list, then they can only be a pain once :evil:

And don't forget the pics on the Sale thread. You need to make two more posts before you can upload them. :wink:
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Vapors wrote:I posted once last year to ask advice about buying, the community was a great help. Bought a great doll and now I need advice on selling. Yeah I know I'm just anti social.

If anyone has experience shipping a doll in the US what company did you use and how much did it cost?

What is the expected depreciation on a doll that is one year old? I bought my doll for a total of $6199. That was with the $400 shipping. Would it be unreasonable to ask $3000 + shipping for a doll in good shape + a custom doll hanger I made and all her clothes and wigs?

What was the method of payment anyone used, I've never sold something this valuable before.

I would prefer to sell directly to someone in the TDF that I know would appreciate her and the value.

Thanks again guys and gals.

Cheers,
My opinion: you could reasonably expect to get up to $4000 plus shipping for a 1 year old lightly used doll, if you are patient and if the doll is mint and if you have excellent photography skills and you can take and post extremely sexy photos.

I'd ask $4500 and wait a while, no takers you can lower the price a bit and wait some more.

If she is showing wear and / or poor photos (doll half dragged out of the closet, plopped on the floor, one eye aimed here and the other one over there, dark out of focus photos etc...) expect to get less.

But you should get 3K easily, so ask more to start.

Paypal is best.

I think you could get more for her on ebay but then there's fees to consider and might take multiple attempts.
My Doll Album is here!

White_Horse
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by White_Horse »

As Fenrisulfr has said: go through the For Sale and Sold areas on this forum, look for BoyToy dolls and see what the sellers have been asking. You might want to PM the sellers who sold thir dolls and ask what they actually sold them for. I read somewhere that the average selling time for a doll on this forum is about 2 months. You can ask a higher price if you are willing to wait a while, or offer at a lower price if you are in a hurry to sell.

If you post extremely sexy photos you will get more money for the doll and sell her faster.

PayPal is preferred because there is some protection for both Buyer and Seller. The PayPal fees are not that much. Or you could go cash with a local pickup.

Shipping a BoyToy in the original box within the lower 48 states will cost from $300 - $500. Make sure you pack the doll very carefully to avoid damage in transit.

INFORMATIONS