Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

I've had her since April so here she is!

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: I've had her since April so here she is!

Post by Agalmato »

zugzug wrote:
Agalmato wrote:zugzug, she's lovely.
Sheeana is right, bend her arm at the elbow first and then gently turn from the forearm.
Not bending at the elbow but at the wrist, then rotating her forearm. Must be a ball joint in the elbow?
Yeah, you're right, I can grab the forearm near the elbow and turn. I love this forum…so much to learn!!!

miss_marceline
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by miss_marceline »

Sheeana wrote:Glad I could help my sisters!
:) :)

I like to hold books too.. If only I knew how to read!
Kristen: "So this is reading? I don't see what the big deal is... I'm doing the correctly, right?"
MM: "Uhm... yes... perfect..."

Thanks Sheaana and zugzug... I think.
Attachments
k14.jpg
k14.jpg (419.05 KiB) Viewed 1032 times

Sheeana
Doll
Doll

Post by Sheeana »

Zugzug, when you come up for air (hopefully you have taken some breaths since your last post) - please let us know if your lady has told you her name, please!

I love seeing my bt3 sisters :)
My introduction/pictures post: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=53624

My Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=7283

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
- Galaxy Quest

"Now that's a wave of destruction that's easy on the eyes!"
- Zap Branigan, Futurama
(commenting on the horde of rampaging Lucy Liu androids)

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

AnonViking wrote:Are the dogs envious of the attention she receives? :D
Considering the type of attention that would I suspect she gets [a lot of...], I wouldn't think so. :haha2: :twisted:

That's a gorgeous Husky, BTW
AlexKnight wrote:Congrats, she looks great!!
But hiding her from us from a month, tsk tsk tsk... :wink:
zugzug wrote:Can't get the hands natural. Any tips on rotation? Am I just being to gentle? I'm paranoid of breaking something.
The way I do it is to bend the hand like Sheeana shows, and then use the hand as leverage to rotate the lower arm.
There's no rotation in the wrist same as with us humans, the rotation happens at the elbow, but it can be tight.

Hands should move up as well as down.

You can see some of that in a video I did with Kayla: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=40687
The way I understand it, Abyss' arm and leg skeletons are basically plastic (ABS? PVC?) tubes which are press fit onto the joints. So yes, they are stiff, they would have to be otherwise the 'bone' might slip off the joint. However they do have enough give that the tubes can be twisted on their fittings, allowing for the limb to twist. The joints themselves only bend in the way a human joint would (your wrist doesn't turn either; your two arm bones twist).

The best way to twist the wrist is as Alex pointed out; bend the hand (or foot) in the direction you want, and holding the arm (leg) press against the side of the palm (foot). As there are no sharp ends or edges there the 'bone' is less likely to push it's way through the silicone.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Congratulations!

Wow, that's a gorgeous doll you've got, zugzug. Take some more photos, she's plenty photogenic. Sweet doggies, too.

Slew

INFORMATIONS