Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Thinking about cancelling my order

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Thinking about cancelling my order

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:08 pm
PersianKat wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:41 am
mitchrd wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:00 am
PersianKat wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:07 pm I just got my notice that she is ready to ship and I should receive delivery in around a week
Didnt bring anything to the topic just comes off kinda like bragging. Congrats either way .
Well if you were thinking of canceling because you’re worried about them delivering they are delivering.

I’m just happy
Been waiting 14 months
Ordered her in November of 2021
Cool thank for the info much better :)
That's great news PersianKat! I hope she turns out to be everything you wanted. It also gives me a bit of an idea of how long I might have to wait. I know I'll get the doll eventually, I've never heard of Abyss not delivering to someone, so that thought never crossed my mind.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

With supply chains easing in every industry hopefully you’ll get yours faster than me

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

PersianKat wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:41 am ...
I’m just happy
Been waiting 14 months ...
Hey, it could be worse with an elephant (gestation time 21 months)! :mrgreen:
And an elephant is much less sexy!

Congratulations, and enjoy your honeymoon! :)
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

PersianKat wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:06 am With supply chains easing in every industry hopefully you’ll get yours faster than me
One can hope mate. :)

doll doc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by doll doc »

I just noticed something in this thread that I had never questioned before. How can there be a restock fee on something that didn't exist when you paid for it? The doll wasn't built. That is just crazy and seems dishonest. Also, why is Abyss the only doll manufacturer that has 1 year wait times? If it was a 'pandemic' thing, then others would be having the same issue. Inquiring minds would like to know.

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

doll doc wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:41 am ... Also, why is Abyss the only doll manufacturer that has 1 year wait times? If it was a 'pandemic' thing, then others would be having the same issue. Inquiring minds would like to know.
A small structure, which prefers to reduce the risks by under-investing rather than trying to conquer a larger market.

It is also a way to maintain the desire and to justify high prices for good quality but technically outdated dolls. It reminds me of the commercial strategy of the English brand Morgan for cars, or Harley Davidson. The wait reinforces the feeling of exclusivity.
This strategy seems to be effective, as few non-Chinese manufacturers have managed to resist until now.
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

KKFun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by KKFun »

I heard from the old Club Realdoll before they shut it down, they lost a lot of experienced artists when moving to the current factory. Might need to consider that too.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

She has arrived

And she is amazing
Gel implants are amazing
I’ve been missing out for ten years
Attachments
107EC751-AE35-4B1C-8A19-A0D2DC4BC1D4.jpeg
107EC751-AE35-4B1C-8A19-A0D2DC4BC1D4.jpeg (3.86 MiB) Viewed 610 times

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

PersianKat wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:46 pm She has arrived

And she is amazing
Gel implants are amazing
Woohoo! Congratulations my friend! I'm glad she's turned out to be an amazing doll for you. :glou:

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

jellynuts13 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:59 am

And she is amazing
Gel implants are amazing
Woohoo! Congratulations my friend! I'm glad she's turned out to be an amazing doll for you. :glou:
I've been enjoying the Torso so much I have yet to try her out yet. Also robot head app doesn't work so her eyes are shut. I never thought of a torso as something I wanted. I got it on a whim and she is amazing.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

PersianKat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:46 pm
jellynuts13 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:59 am

And she is amazing
Gel implants are amazing
I've been enjoying the Torso so much I have yet to try her out yet. Also robot head app doesn't work so her eyes are shut. I never thought of a torso as something I wanted. I got it on a whim and she is amazing.
Ah that's a shame about the robot head app. Hopefully, you can get it to work soon. At least you got the torso to enjoy in the mean time. I looked at the pictures on the other thread you posted. They look really good. :)

KKFun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by KKFun »

I noticed there is a very good review about realdoll below. Really worth checking it out.

viewtopic.php?t=163916

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Got tired of waiting and ordered my first silicone girl a smdoll 156a the sculp is beautiful but just so hard and the Love hole angle is so difficult/impossible to have fun let alone just feels like rubber has me seriously thinking of canceling my rd f body and leaving the doll game with 2500 down the drain basically.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:15 am Got tired of waiting and ordered my first silicone girl a smdoll 156a the sculp is beautiful but just so hard and the Love hole angle is so difficult/impossible to have fun let alone just feels like rubber has me seriously thinking of canceling my rd f body and leaving the doll game with 2500 down the drain basically.
I'm assuming Abyss haven't gotten back to you yet either; I know the frustration, mate. I've sent them a couple of emails as well trying to get another update but still yet to hear back from them. The first one I sent was 5 days ago, and sent another just today.

Like you, I was thinking of getting another doll to tide me over while waiting for my RD but I'm not really too keen on spending anymore money when there's a number of other things I want to get.

I think if you cancel your RD the decent thing for them to do would be to give you a full refund since they probably haven't even started making your doll yet. I think the fact that the lead times are well over the advertised amount of time they give on their website, a full refund for a doll that hasn't even made it to production is the least they can do for the inconvenience. If they can't do that, I'd suggest depending on how you paid for it going to PayPal or your bank. That's what I'd probably do if they weren't willing to give a full refund.

Again, I know how you feel and I wouldn't blame if you did cancel your order. I hope whatever you decide to do, it works out in your favor.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Yeah Sam got back to me yesterday to touch base real quick he has been under the weather and pretty sick so will take him sometime to catch up on emails I'm sure.

INFORMATIONS