www.wmdolls.com

Smell of WMdoll

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Leatherman
Ex-Member

Re: Smell of WMdoll

Post by Leatherman »

We have had 7 WM dolls. None of them had a smell.

We have additionally also had multiple WM heads. Only a couple of them had a smell, which did go away. This could be that they were freshly made.

It was a fiberglass resin smell coming from the skull.
Having worked with fiberglass, we know if the ratio of resin to hardener is not right, it will produce a noticeable odor that my never go away. As annoying as it may be, it is not harmful.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Jussi wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:41 am Thanks a lot for the comment Babel99. I know that the TPE material itself is apparently not toxic, but what about the tan that is painted on and what about the make-up????
Has everyone gotten rid of the smell after washing?
Or does someone still smell despite washing?
Why can't the manufacturer wash and air the bodies to make them odorless? A lot to think about because the dolls are quite expensive, and it would be a shame if the purchase would be regrettable. I'm mainly looking for a love doll, not a sex doll.

:?:
TPE is not painted. It is its natural color. The material itself has the color you selected. Make up is painted and will fade over time, you will need to redo it yourself with normal woman makeup. Again ... not toxic. Also the smell will not disappear completely at the first wash. It will over time. See it exactly as a "new car small". Its there for a while, then fade away over time.

And again, not all TPE smell the same and has the same strength. You CANNOT foresee what it will be. What I am saying is, choose the doll you want and do not select her on the fact that people say that the TPE smell or not. They are all different. But they ALL do share the same properties. The smell will fade away at some point.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

raulwie

Post by raulwie »

Jussi wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:41 am Why can't the manufacturer wash and air the bodies to make them odorless?
That‘s a very good question :thumbs_up:

Many customers don't live in a big house and have the opportunity to let their dolls outgas in some adjoining room for days. Many live in small apartments. A smelly doll will affect the entire living atmosphere for weeks. In addition: How should the smell be explained to visitors? The manufacturers of TPE dolls have to solve the odor problem if they really want to reach and serve all possible customers.

APnightskyfreak

Post by APnightskyfreak »

How bad is this going to be in the confines of a semi truck........

dollsfan64

Post by dollsfan64 »

I got my doll from a vendor not made to order and was probably old stock because it was on sale. If you buy from a vendor they might have old stock that has already lost a lot of the smell. I don't want to suggest getting one of these if the chance of getting a smelly doll would be a deal breaker.

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dominique-n-Splash »

Andromeda wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 am Or does WM just deliver poor quality? My TPEs from an other manufacturer do not smell at all.
I think the days of the contrarian are fading fast if not over.

That is pretty abrasive. I do not think attacking vendors without substantiation or proof is very cool. Vendors have feelings too.

D.
:B-fly:

A lion does not care about the opinion of a 100 sheep.

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

Babel99 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 am
Jussi wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:41 am Thanks a lot for the comment Babel99. I know that the TPE material itself is apparently not toxic, but what about the tan that is painted on and what about the make-up????
Has everyone gotten rid of the smell after washing?
Or does someone still smell despite washing?
Why can't the manufacturer wash and air the bodies to make them odorless? A lot to think about because the dolls are quite expensive, and it would be a shame if the purchase would be regrettable. I'm mainly looking for a love doll, not a sex doll.

:?:
TPE is not painted. It is its natural color. The material itself has the color you selected. Make up is painted and will fade over time, you will need to redo it yourself with normal woman makeup. Again ... not toxic. Also the smell will not disappear completely at the first wash. It will over time. See it exactly as a "new car small". Its there for a while, then fade away over time.

And again, not all TPE smell the same and has the same strength. You CANNOT foresee what it will be. What I am saying is, choose the doll you want and do not select her on the fact that people say that the TPE smell or not. They are all different. But they ALL do share the same properties. The smell will fade away at some point.
Thanks again Babel99 for clearing things up for a beginner.
No painting. This was new to me. I imagined that if
chooses a light tan as the skin color, it is somehow painted
thereto. There is... zero information about the manufacturing technique :)
What about makeup?
I currently have manufacturer options
WM and Zelex. WM doll = GIRL (I prefer to say) Maybe This:
5'5 FT (Silicone 165CM) With Silicone Head #273
https://wmdollshop.com/55-ft-silicone-1 ... -head-273/

Preferably unscented of course :)

Jussi

Post by Jussi »

raulwie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:56 am
Jussi wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:41 am Why can't the manufacturer wash and air the bodies to make them odorless?
That‘s a very good question :thumbs_up:

Many customers don't live in a big house and have the opportunity to let their dolls outgas in some adjoining room for days. Many live in small apartments. A smelly doll will affect the entire living atmosphere for weeks. In addition: How should the smell be explained to visitors? The manufacturers of TPE dolls have to solve the odor problem if they really want to reach and serve all possible customers.
I agree. Just like that. The problem is with the manufacturers, not the customers!

APnightskyfreak

Post by APnightskyfreak »

I am about to purchase a doll, but this smell scares me. I am going to be taking it directly into a semi truck. Is this a bad idea. Can off gassing hurt you. Will it be unbareable?

FatesArrow

Post by FatesArrow »

I'm curious about what the timeline on these smelly dolls is.

My guess is that dolls with a strong tpe smell might be custom orders that are poured, touched up and shipped via air and received by the customer in a relatively short time frame -- maybe as short as a couple weeks?

Other customers here might be getting an "in stock" model that has had weeks or months to off gas.

Some of us have our dolls shipped via ocean freighter which adds a few weeks at least to the delivery period.

Finally -- let's face it -- these are semi-disposable sex dolls not precision-crafted jet turbine gaskets: slight variations in tpe colour coming from the same manufacturer are well-documented. Doll "skin colour" is something doll customers notice and can be quite particular about, so if manufacturers don't / can't have reasonably tight parameters for tpe colour, why should we expect them to be exacting in the tpe itself? A little too much of chem A, a little less of chem B and you've got a smelly doll.

And of course new or lax employees might be making your doll on a Friday afternoon with an "Eh... good enough" attitude.

Finally, there can be a wide variation in how people perceive smell: I bought my mint condition YL 140 from a fellow TDF member who claimed the doll's smell was too bothersome. A week later I open her box and found the doll (and accessories) to have no discernible scent of any kind.

So... many factors many outcomes I guess. It's likely the only source for real answers are the retailers who are receiving, handling, and reshipping all kinds of dolls on the regular.

tuohi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tuohi »

APnightskyfreak wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:51 am I am about to purchase a doll, but this smell scares me. I am going to be taking it directly into a semi truck. Is this a bad idea. Can off gassing hurt you. Will it be unbareable?
It's not that bad and in a truck you have possibility for a powerful ventilation, i personally would try it. To me cleaning would be bigger consern, i recommend using a nitrile femidom which you can clean when able and reuse. Femidoms are expensive but in my use one and same has now lasted six months.

Polymer amour
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Polymer amour »

I had this problem as well but I found the smell dissipated after a couple weeks out of the box.

Also, I found that I started to bond with my doll after a while, as you do with a real woman.

And like a real woman that bond includes her 'smell'.

Stedoo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Stedoo »

I'd imagine new will always smell...as in, unboxed.

When mine was new, presumably it had sat somewhere for some time in order to be in stock. The box was sealed, and the doll itself wrapped tightly in plastic.
So I can only imagine this will retain anything inside pretty well, including smells, oils, whatever.

2 months on, with the doll mostly being in the open, or wrapped in a light bed cloth cleaned regularly, then idea being it can absorb any smells and be washed.. The doll itself washed gently a few times and powdered, the smell has largely gone.

And the experiment dabbing vanilla oil on various parts seems to have went without incident, and creates a new aroma.

In my case, the smell has all but gone unless you stick your nose right to it, so certainly not an annoyance.

raulwie

Post by raulwie »

If I buy a product from a premium brand, and WM wants to be one, then I don't want to have two months of trouble with some stench and it shouldn't be the customer washing and oiling the product to get it into a usable condition.

Stedoo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Stedoo »

raulwie wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:50 pm If I buy a product from a premium brand, and WM wants to be one, then I don't want to have two months of trouble with some stench and it shouldn't be the customer washing and oiling the product to get it into a usable condition.

Catch a grip.

Do you never wash yourself or your clothes either ?

INFORMATIONS