Starpery.com

Study topic: Making a large ball joint type love doll.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Study topic: Making a large ball joint type love doll.

Post by MannequinFan »

WOW! Thanks for that link Sture!
$198,000 yen - a little over $1,600 not bad. I wonder if you can even get those in the U.S.?

Slush cast soft vinyl over a plastic skeleton. There you go RK!
You just need to set up your CNC mills and kick out those aluminum molds! :D

She'd be a nice doll but no way to get an insert in there unfortunately...

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Was the doll directed toward me?

My critique.
Certainly a fair price considering the complex design. My idea was along the lines you are going with so far and trying to keep under the $1000.00 price on a production doll.

The body shape while natural really does nothing for me. Not over the top sexual anyway. That is the nice thing about a plastic doll is there are places that can be gone design wise that you cannot do w/ silicone on a skeleton.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote:Was the doll directed toward me?

My critique.
Certainly a fair price considering the complex design. My idea was along the lines you are going with so far and trying to keep under the $1000.00 price on a production doll.

The body shape while natural really does nothing for me. Not over the top sexual anyway. That is the nice thing about a plastic doll is there are places that can be gone design wise that you cannot do w/ silicone on a skeleton.
I was just kidding RK. The molds for that doll would cost a fortune to produce here.
I agree that it's not the way I would want to go either. It's just interesting to see how others have approached this type of doll and what's actually available.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Yeah, I certainly appreciate the link and knowledge gained by it.

Probably the major thing I don't like about these designs is the joint at the rib cage. While it makes the clothed doll more poseable it detracts from a naked doll in looks. Especially since I'm so into a long muscular torso front and back.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

That obitsu is awesome .seeing this makes me want bto join in. I will be making one from scratch too , wish me luck. Mine will be made of papier and pva glue. Oh and lots of bungie cord lol
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

sture
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by sture »

MannequinFan wrote:WOW! Thanks for that link Sture!
$198,000 yen - a little over $1,600 not bad. I wonder if you can even get those in the U.S.?

You´re welcome :D I stumbled over this doll by accident and thought I should share it to you guys here, considering the subject.
I agree about the lack of space for an insert...pitty.

Click to go to my Doll Album

I find greater companionship in inert figures, animals & speechless artifacts, for I can enjoy their presence & there is no psychic drain”
― Anton Szandor LaVey

Alucard1959
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Alucard1959 »

Hi. I been following this thread and thought I should mention. On deephentai.com a guy calling himself Pinocchioboi has one of those obitsu dolls with a insert. There's a vid of him having sex with it. I've bee dying to know where he got it! Thanks for the link! :D
Imaginary lovers never turn you down. They always care, they're always there when you need satisfaction guaranteed. Your mine,anytime, my imaginary lover.
"Atlanta Rythum Section"

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

You could reengineer that area pretty easily, the rest is ready to go, kinda pricey though, but well made piece, I have somw 1/6 scale Obitsu dolls and they are amazingly jointed! most have soft vinyl bodies so they flex naturally at the ribs etc, same could be done on a full size doll...

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Messing around with a simple ball joint shoulder that will be tensioned buy either bungee cords or springs, since these photos I have drilled out her shoulder and it works rather well so far..Will be blended and painted once all the repairs and kinks are worked out, this MQ was in rough shape when I got it..
DSCF1927.JPG
DSCF1927.JPG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 2209 times
DSCF1929.JPG
DSCF1929.JPG (1.71 MiB) Viewed 2209 times
DSCF1930.JPG
DSCF1930.JPG (1.96 MiB) Viewed 2209 times
The hemisphere is fiberglass I cast out of a round coke bottle I mentioned early on in this thread, and worked perfectly, is a bit heavy but was cheap and is indestructible..

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Here's a fun little side project that I'm doing with our venerable Fiberglass Guy.
These are full adult size 6 feet with interchangeable toe pieces for both heels and flat shoes.
Toe sections are simply attached from the bottom with a #10 screw for quick swapping.
This also allows the small toe piece to be printed horizontal with a more solid infill for extra strength.
arched-flat.jpg
arched-flat.jpg (672.76 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
Printed foot with the toe piece for heels...
IMG_3809.JPG
IMG_3809.JPG (309.05 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
The plan is to replace the original feet on his modified Eva mannequin.
Eye bolts would be installed in a wood dowel then inserted into the printed foot. Bungee cords or springs will be used to attach the feet to the legs so the feet can be moved/posed. FG can chime in on this later when he gets to installing them. Should be fun to see how this works!
size 6 foot-exploded.jpg
size 6 foot-exploded.jpg (280.31 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
It just hit me that this could also be done with my pressure post system similar to the knee joint I posted earlier.
The ankle cap would need to have a slot and be 2 piece to allow for the ball inside.

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

Looks great so far, by all means if you have any ideas for attaching these to her ankles let me know! I'm pretty sure I have it all worked out, well on paper anyway! Once these arrive I will get photos of whatever method I get to work, I'm leaning toward springs as they keep constant tension vs a bungee cord, I have had problems with bungeed heads becoming loose and needing constant tightening! I think springs and eyebolts are the key here, still going to be an effort to get one way up in the ankle....

pageophile

Post by pageophile »

It's been said before but every time I open this thread, I'm blown away.

Fantastic DIY info, ideas and results.

Thanks for all the hard work gents, it is VERY much appreciated!!!
"My name is Ash and I am a slave. Close as I can figure, the year is thirteen hundred A.D and I'm being dragged to my death. It wasn't always like this, I had a real life, once. A job."

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

It should replace these versions nicely, wish we had thought of this before I did this mod, Sure these feet will be used somewhere in the future..
DSCF1427.JPG
DSCF1427.JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 2095 times
DSCF1428.JPG
DSCF1428.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2095 times
DSCF1433.JPG
DSCF1433.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 2095 times
This MQ was a test bed of sorts that has now gotten carried away! That is half the fun of all this anyhow!

Dollmoon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dollmoon »

MannequinFan wrote:WOW! Thanks for that link Sture!

I would use this as a reference and resigned it around a Fleshlight holder. Maybe flip the hips 90 degrees. Then make keys to connect body parts to that connect similar to the G.I.Joe figurines.

Ever thought of making molds for a doll, then printing them in parts?
http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-Prin ... one-Molds/
or this is interesting...
http://sexshop3d.com/safety-warning/

https://www.youtube.com/embed/99uGtFyEGyE

Might be good for making your own Fleshlights. https://youtu.be/99uGtFyEGyE
Last edited by jiayi on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed YouTube link

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Dollmoon thanks for the links! :)

I've been molding small items like nipples and a cameltoe for my Eva mannequin using a printed mold.
Works nice for small parts, but not sure I'd want to do a whole doll. At some point I may try doing a silicone oral head with a printed mold. Would be nice to have a bigger printer like the H800 though.

INFORMATIONS