betterlovedoll.com

Re: NOTICE to all members of TDF regarding counterfeit dolls

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

so no one can sell a knockoff on the buy and sell eh?
"love is the only engine of survival"-Leonard Cohen

"all those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain"-roy batty

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

noob1977 wrote:so no one can sell a knockoff on the buy and sell eh?
Correct, selling a knockoff doll is like selling a fake Rolex, Gucci, Nike, it is illegal. Also it is poison for the industry.

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

good luck

there are only three kinds of people those who make things happen those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

noob1977 wrote:good luck
Thank you! -or is it ironical :?

Anyway, we really hope and expect that members understand and support this. We know that we won't be able to prevent this all the time. But if someone is selling a knock-off knowingly, there will be consequences.
Also, if there are many less-quality knock-offs faking a certain brand, this will devaluate true dolls of that brand.

As said, theft of intellectual property (R&D and design) is a serious crime. Counterfeiters need buyers. We cannot afford to reward buyers by letting them post about their doll whether they knew, suspected or didn't know it was counterfeit. Also, TDF does not allow posts that appear to condone or endorse illegal activities of any kind.

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

oh i get it and it makes sense

but ive seen many posts for dolls for sale that may have slipped through the cracks and gotten approved by the forum admins sooooooo?

the process for identifying is what then?

are there serial numbers on these nexus replicants???

asking for a friend

cheers

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Our notice was posted on 10 July 2020, so it's only one and a half month that we are more focused on this.

It isn't always easy to identify a counterfeit doll. In case there is a strong suspicion, we may ask about the source.
If your doll has been ruled in violation, you may appeal our decision if you can present proof that the product is not a copy.

We do hope that we don't have to remove counterfeit dolls from TDF too often. This is also an appeal to the community to stand up against counterfeiters.

BigJoeBuck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BigJoeBuck »

gotcha

BeijaFlor
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by BeijaFlor »

I'm a bit distressed by this topic -- I didn't consult The Doll Forum, when I made my purchase (a week ago).

I found the doll I wanted, at what I thought was a decent price ($1100), from "Premium Dolls" of San Diego, CA. (They're not listed here.) They advertised it at "$500 off" ... the body was described as the size and shape and height that I wanted, and the head in their pictures is similar to one I saw in the Doll House website.

Premium Dolls has given me the UPS tracking number; it got to Shanghai at 22:30 local time. I can probably expect to receive the doll in a week or so, and that's when I'll see what I bought. I'm hoping it will come from one of the Forum's 'trusted manufacturers,' but I'll provide every bit of evidence I can find to the TDF moderators.

I hope that my doll is a product of a TDF-recognized manufacturer ... but we'll see!

AhMyDolless
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by AhMyDolless »

ZiggyDollGuy wrote:I do. I have a Prime subscription. I actually got a package today from Amazon. A USB/PO combo, a usb extender and some cord clips.
I think the question was more focused on who would buy doll from Amazon.
Obligatory Statement: In my opinion.

BeijaFlor
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by BeijaFlor »

I'm hoping my doll isn't a counterfeit copy of a WM doll, but I'm worried.

Buying in ignorance -- I hope that's not a "mortal sin," if I made the buy before I checked this thread?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Mortal sin. Hell no!
At least not on this forum :)

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hi BeijaFLor, thanks for honesty but don't worry, it's not like that.

We want to deflate the ongoing promotion/spam about fake dolls and where to get them. We support intellectual property rights.

BeijaFlor
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by BeijaFlor »

Thanks, Seagull, Slew -- I would guess that outsiders would view buying ANY sex-doll as a "mortal sin."

Me, I'm just very pleased, and I want to enjoy this one as long as I can make it last. I'm following Booty Call Dolls' protocol from "The Newlywed's Guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls," because I want to keep the body and skin as supple and flexible as I can.

And I'm really pleased with my purchase, despite the worries ... I mean ...
pam-kneeling-babydoll.jpg
pam-kneeling-babydoll.jpg (135.47 KiB) Viewed 105547 times
I bought it through <removed>, a vendor who's not on this board's "safe list." They used the same photos as WM has for a 140-cm, slim "A-cup" doll with a closed-eyes face (WM #56). I paid extra for their 148-cm version, $75 extra for standing feet, and $100 extra for a removable vagina ... total about $1200 including UPS Worldwide Express Saver shipping.

I found out about the manufacturer only when I unpacked the doll. There was a doll-care guide from "Entity Doll," which may be associated with QiTa Doll. (Shenyang QiTa Entity Doll is listed on Dollbase.)

When I got the doll, it came with a cleaning kit, a long blonde wig, the nightie shown in my photo, and a removable vagina insert. What it did NOT have was a place to put that insert -- it has a very small opening, which was originally 'sealed' with a thin membrane of TPE, as a "hymen." :roll: This aggravates me, because I wanted the ease-of-cleaning afforded by that insert. I've ordered two dozen FC2 internal condoms, to use with the doll. (Trouble is, I'll have to wash the silicone lube off the outside of the condom before I insert it into her cute little coochie.)

One other thing, I'll have to learn to take care of her long, tangle-prone blonde wig. I may buy a page-boy bobbed wig.
Last edited by Slew on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: removed doubtful vendor

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

The price is the main clue, all for $1200, way too cheap for a legit WM doll. I'm not thrilled to hear it's associated with Qita, as they are one of our listed sellers and shouldn't be involved in selling knock offs/counterfeits. I guess now I have some homework to do.

In any event, I've removed the name of your vendor, as we don't want to give these doubtful vendors any publicity. That's one of the main points of this policy announcement.

I'm glad you like your doll and she looks cute enough, though maybe a shorter wig is a good idea. Just don't spam us with info about where to get her and you'll be fine.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Synthetic long haired wigs are a pain :)

INFORMATIONS