dollstudio.org

Introducing Xycolo

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Introducing Xycolo

Post by PDutus »

Dollstudio wrote:
PDutus wrote:But it seems to me, looking at photos of the skeleton, that the footplate is a pretty hefty, substantial design. So maybe the dolls can stand, but don't need the usual ugly protruding bolts to do so.
I agree that the foot plate has everything you would want for standing without bolts (large bearing surface, deburred edges…), and I believe that the feet can touch the floor shortly without getting injured. Also a 26 kg doll has a much better chance for undamaged standing than a 36 kg doll. Obviously that needs to be put to the test.

However, Xycolo states that their dolls are not designed for standing, so it might be a bit like with certain Japanese dolls which simply can stand, but it is not a specified/supported feature.

Sandro
Thanks Sandro. The lighter weight would certainly help and if the doll was wearing trainers or some other footwear that might help too. Time and reviews will tell all!
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kanna »

Dollstudio wrote:@kanna: I am hesitant to put Body B into limelight, because I do not want RoC 1 discussions in this thread, and because this body style will not be available in certain regions. Though, for most parts of continental Europe I do not see a problem. I agree with you that this body style - together with Doll Sweet's DS-145 Minus - is close to what I consider an ideal body shape. Both dolls are just ~15% too short ;-)
Whoa 8O she looks more attractive with small breasts than I thought she would. I'd still prefer it if she had B or C cup, but it seems I could accept this size as well.

I've noticed that there are many 145cm bodies from many manufacturers that I love to look at, but I didn't consider them because I expected them to be too short for me. Now, after getting Asami (150cm), I'm quite certain they're too short. Kanna (156cm) I got used to pretty fast, but with Asami I get the "I wish she was a bit taller" feeling at times. It's surprising how big of a difference those 6cm make. 153cm is straight in the middle of them and hence I have no clue if I'd feel like she's too short or not :?

I'm a little hopeful about Xycolo's upcoming 160cm body, but given that their 153cm body already has what I consider to be perfect shape, I don't have high hopes of the 160cm one having a similar enough shape to be a realistic option for me. It probably doesn't make business sense to make bodies that only really differ in height.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

Mr Consistency

Post by Mr Consistency »

kanna wrote:
Dollstudio wrote:@kanna: I am hesitant to put Body B into limelight, because I do not want RoC 1 discussions in this thread, and because this body style will not be available in certain regions. Though, for most parts of continental Europe I do not see a problem. I agree with you that this body style - together with Doll Sweet's DS-145 Minus - is close to what I consider an ideal body shape. Both dolls are just ~15% too short ;-)
Whoa 8O she looks more attractive with small breasts than I thought she would. I'd still prefer it if she had B or C cup, but it seems I could accept this size as well.

I've noticed that there are many 145cm bodies from many manufacturers that I love to look at, but I didn't consider them because I expected them to be too short for me. Now, after getting Asami (150cm), I'm quite certain they're too short. Kanna (156cm) I got used to pretty fast, but with Asami I get the "I wish she was a bit taller" feeling at times. It's surprising how big of a difference those 6cm make. 153cm is straight in the middle of them and hence I have no clue if I'd feel like she's too short or not :?

I'm a little hopeful about Xycolo's upcoming 160cm body, but given that their 153cm body already has what I consider to be perfect shape, I don't have high hopes of the 160cm one having a similar enough shape to be a realistic option for me. It probably doesn't make business sense to make bodies that only really differ in height.
I'm of similar opinion. My preference would be somewhere between 158cm to 162cm. All three of these bodies, however, appear to be rather nice proportions. If they could do as good a job with the new size as they have with these, it would be awesome.

The knees have a strange look when bent under the leg. Must be an effect of the new joint.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

let's take a first look at Xycolo's faces.

Some of them have distinct characteristics, or to put it differently: They have the potential to develop unique personalities.

This is Xycolo's Muse head (缪斯, Móu sī):
xycolo-xc-170f-body-muse-head-6173.jpg
xycolo-xc-170f-body-muse-head-6173.jpg (290.31 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
xycolo-xc-170f-body-muse-head-6188.jpg
xycolo-xc-170f-body-muse-head-6188.jpg (261.03 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
xycolo-xc-170f-body-muse-head-6171.jpg
xycolo-xc-170f-body-muse-head-6171.jpg (318.75 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
Muse is a charming adult face, though without traces of aging yet. It fits nicely to the XC-170/F body style.

As for all Xycolo heads, there are a number of customization options:
  • Skin color - currently two choices (pale pink or normal asian),
  • Eye color - currently five choices (black, brown, green, blue, red),
  • Eyelashes - glued-on (default) or stitched (implanted),
  • Eyebrows - brushed (default) or stitched (implanted),
  • Hair type - wig (default) or stitched (implanted).
The defaults are always included in the base price, the options - additional eyes, stitched eyelashes, eyebrows or scalp hair are charged extra.

I'd assume that the stitched (implanted) hair will massively add to the visual realism of the doll, but I haven't seen these options yet. So we need someone bold as guinea pig who places an order for these expensive goodies ;-)

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

today is video time!

Xycolo breast softness demonstration:

Positioning of the articulated fingers:

Body weight validation - Body A (XC-170/F):

Body weight validation - Body B (XC-153/AA):

Body weight validation - Body C (XC-153/E):

(all weights are measured without head, so for the total weight you need to add ~1.6-2 kg).

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

today I'd like to take a close look at Xycolo's lady parts.

Generally, for all body styles the usual choices are available - built-in (aka fixed) vagina, and removable vagina (aka vagina insert). Also, all Xycolo dolls have an anal cavity.

The vagina comes in two flavours (or types) each, so there is a total of four choices for the vagina per doll.

This is the built-in vagina, type 1:
xycolo-one-piece-1.jpg
xycolo-one-piece-1.jpg (277.63 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
And this is the built-in vagina, type 2:
xycolo-one-piece-2.jpg
xycolo-one-piece-2.jpg (378.53 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
As usual, the visual realism of the built-in vagina types is better than the found in the in insert types.

Built-in vagina on the XC-170/ body style in normal asian skin color:
xycolo-xc-170f-body-normalasian-skin-7407.jpg
xycolo-xc-170f-body-normalasian-skin-7407.jpg (126.94 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
xycolo-xc-170f-body-normalasian-skin-7409.jpg
xycolo-xc-170f-body-normalasian-skin-7409.jpg (136.87 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
xycolo-xc-170f-body-normalasian-skin-7402.jpg
xycolo-xc-170f-body-normalasian-skin-7402.jpg (107.78 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
The vaginal cavity which takes the insert in looks like this:
xycolo-split-piece-cavity.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-cavity.jpg (287.87 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
So the insert variants do not have the labiae molded as part of the body; this is different from all TPE dolls I am aware of and more similar to traditional silicone dolls.

Sandro

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

And this is how the vagina inserts look like.

Both vagina inserts come with labiae and a vulva area. I think this will help to avoid tears of the vaginal canal and fix an issue occasionally reported with Doll Sweet inserts where some people seem to miss the vaginal opening and thrust sideways into the doll.

Xycolo vagina insert, Type 1:
xycolo-split-piece-1-1.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-1-1.jpg (295.53 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
xycolo-split-piece-1-2.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-1-2.jpg (363.78 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
xycolo-split-piece-1-3.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-1-3.jpg (454.92 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
xycolo-split-piece-1-4.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-1-4.jpg (495.34 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
Xycolo vagina insert, Type 2:
xycolo-split-piece-2-1.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-2-1.jpg (289.88 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
xycolo-split-piece-2-2.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-2-2.jpg (320.17 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
xycolo-split-piece-2-3.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-2-3.jpg (438.72 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
xycolo-split-piece-2-4.jpg
xycolo-split-piece-2-4.jpg (575.08 KiB) Viewed 3653 times
So far no specs for width and depth of the vaginal canals have been disclosed, but visually the inserts appear to have similar dimensions like those from Doll Sweet. That would mean that these inserts should accomodate most average Caucasian males nicely.

Sandro

Pip-Doll88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pip-Doll88 »

It looks abit narrow but if its soft then i think it'll be good.

This might be a time where i'd might consider a insert rather than built-in, since the insert is on the outside and it still looks good.

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

WOW seeing that skeleton and all the movement it'll offer filled my heart with joy; to see one of these manufacturers actually try (and succeeding from the looks of it!) to put out a really functioning skeleton! Bet it would be very nice to know your doll fingers wont break by default as with these TPE dolls (not really familiar with silicon dolls at all).

Anyways : probs for achieving this Xycolo :thumbs_up: If I were into silicon this would be a MAJOR reason for choosing your brand. I've never really considered silicon myself tho, might look into the pros and cons vs tpe again but I know I like TPE so to cut it short, just wondering Xycolo : are you planning to make TPE dolls too in the near future too??

BTW I just saw the models on DS; first off: they look pretty nice in general! Did notice tho that (to be expected of course) the weight is much lower for same body stats. So you're producing dolls that would be like 35kg in TPE, with several kg's less...now I'd love a tad bit thicker body bringing her up to about 35kg, to have esp. more realistic waist and maybe bit bigger under-breast and legs. Then you'd have nice options for guys wanting small weight dolls and guys who can handle a bit more weight and looking for most realism aka 'normal/curvy fit woman' measurements.
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Gotta add, after reading the whole thread -after the first picture scan of my 1st post- :

+FREAKING NICE skeleton; did not properly register the bolts and nuts; but that also is a MAJOR improvement.
+For once an actual detailed picture showing all the movement and stuff: chapeau! (and esp. great for first time owners).
-With the skeleton, your design leaves me with just one 'annoyance' : the tiny feet! I really wised in the least doll feet be a size 5 aka 100 times easier to shop for.
+That naked body (1st on page 1) : great to actually see shoulders sticking out + detail! Def. improvement in realism.
-Not loving how the insert looks, to me a minus (the visible transition a bit, and the color differences in a major way in some other pic).
+The looks of the lady parts is rather nice tho.
+Placement seem rather decent too. Always nice if a manufacturer understands this is a MAJOR plus in selling a sexdoll. Seems obvious, but not all seem to understand this is what there customers want.
+Hot shots of the girl with the umbrella; esp. proportions look quite good to me. I'd hit that ;).
+Great breast squish video; it really stuns me some brands that have been on her for ages, have jet to show this or their skeleton design.
+As Sandro mentioned (thanks for doing all this man btw); the openness in general and esp. about the skeleton too is just perfect in one word.
+The weight validation : 100% support this. Actually wont need the pic, as long as we know we can trust the figures. Since we all know damn near all other manufacturers seem to be unable to weight a doll correctly (or measure her height and everything else), it's nice to see one that actually does provide true weight numbers.
-Then I finished the thread, and started looking for the price for one of these...and awww man, I can offert it, shit it's probably worth it price-wise, but it's to much for me still. But in the least I'm persuaded to look into silicon again :P.

So why this long post : just really want to 'congratulate and approve' of this fresh business mindstate/approach Xycolo is bringing to the table. Actually for once I feel positive of the state of the doll industry lol normally I'm bashing all over her about these 10's of things TPE doll owners have to put up with, simply because manufactures just are not putting enough R&D in, and then you come across this thread and realize there is still some hope for humanity ;).

@Areon; interesting thoughts too gotta say, and I also LOL'd at wire discussion to getting phalanges. Tho I do kinda see what you mean regarding those bones, mostly the thumb part, but guess we'll have to see how it functions 'in the flesh'. EDIT: Kinda what Sandro said later, I see now. The elbow and shoulder part, dont really see the issue; you mean with like folding of the silicon?

@Sandro, about the standing option (again not knowing much of silicon) but are all these non-standing aka there is still foot bolts in standing option dolls?
Also kinda wonder about that 'black hook' where the head connects on the skeleton; what is its function?
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

let's take a look at Body B (~153 cm); pictures below with ›Yumi‹ head:

Black lingerie…
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8945.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8945.jpg (203.13 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8962.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8962.jpg (200.31 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8971.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8971.jpg (224.1 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8974.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8974.jpg (215.89 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8979.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-8979.jpg (215.75 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9000.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9000.jpg (151.94 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
… and white lingerie:
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9029.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9029.jpg (221.5 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9036.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9036.jpg (203.25 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9031.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9031.jpg (197.57 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9022.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-yumi-head-9022.jpg (189.32 KiB) Viewed 3561 times
Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 13185?s=20
https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 33472?s=20

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

:multi: :multi: :multi:

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

@Sandro, about the standing option (again not knowing much of silicon) but are all these non-standing aka there is still foot bolts in standing option dolls?
Also kinda wonder about that 'black hook' where the head connects on the skeleton; what is its function?

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@avante: Currently, Xycolo dolls do not have officially supported standing capability.

Similar to Doll Sweet, there is not option for standing with bolts.

Similar to Doll Sweet, the officially supported approach for upright positioning is the hanging system. For DS you would use the hang kit, for Xycolo you would use the back hook option, both together with a doll stand or some other device to put the hook onto. For both manufacturers, hanging with head attached is possible this way.

The unsupported variant would be to try to make the doll stand on her own feet. That might or might not work, and most certainly it is not an option for long-term standing (display)or even storage.

Sandro

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Thanks for elaborating. That's damn unfortunate tho! Really would prefer foot bolts over hanging hooks / stand needed myself. Quick follow up: is this like common for silicon tho? *to be not standing without some form of hook?

INFORMATIONS