www.funwestdoll.com

ALERT: Yahoo Groups is closing (deleting lovedoll forums)

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
Aerial

ALERT: Yahoo Groups is closing (deleting lovedoll forums)

Post by Aerial »

The Yahoo Groups forum hoster is closing and will DELETE all their forums in december 2019. This will also exterminate many important traditional lovedoll discussion boards including

InflatableLoveDolls
LatexLoveDoll
LoveDollCreation
WhatsReallyInTheBox

Closing a forum service is like burning down the library of Alexandria. :evil: Thus join Yahoo Groups NOW and download backups of what you can before everything will be lost forever. :crying:

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: ALERT: Yahoo Groups is closing (deleting lovedoll forums

Post by Dollicious2 »

Oh so leftist run media is after all the free speech even doll forums now ?
What's next they'll delete their own beloved trans sexual websites ? :lol:
Wtf...
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

Void Pointer

Post by Void Pointer »

There were more of them, I remember LWEP, LWEP2 etc (before I lost my password). Some of them are abandoned and no one can be approved by their mods anymore, so I didn't try to register again.

Please log in and save everything. Threads can be saved by printing to a virtual PDF printer, and images must be saved in full res, the common way.

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

Yahoo Groups still exists? I remember using it more then 10 years ago but then switch to something else and deleted my account.

If I read that right archive.org will create a snapshot of the public available content.
https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/11 ... 2348854272
So private groups will not get archived by them.

Searching for a solution to archive a Yahoo Group I found this: https://github.com/IgnoredAmbience/yahoo-group-archiver
It's a Python script which downloads everything from a group. But it needs a Yahoo account and of course some Python knowledge. I don't know in what format the archived data will be stored. It looks like json files, so not human readable. :(
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Oh my, this brings back memories!

I hadn't looked at them in many years but I was aware these Groups still existed and they are a part of all of our history because TDF itself grew out of them. There was ILD, LLD and LDC to name but a few....I was a member of all of them but flamers, trolls and spammers were unfortunately, all too common so Jerry and Bill started TDF to get away from them.

I sincerely hope that we won't one day, be reading a similar announcement about TDF.

Void Pointer

Post by Void Pointer »

The question is, who still have the access to private groups. There are no mods so there are no new members.
I don't think dedicated scripts are needed: there's "Save image as" for pictures and Ctrl+P "Print to .PDF" for discussions.

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

Dollicious2 wrote:Oh so leftist run media is after all the free speech even doll forums now ?
What's next they'll delete their own beloved trans sexual websites ? :lol:
Wtf...
Unlikely. The order of the day is to attack straight men and every space they occupy.

Aerial

Yahoo Groups is dead (I archived THIS!)

Post by Aerial »

I doubt that it was really the arise of modern services like Facebook, those made Yahoo Groups fall into oblivion by lack of users. Technically it would not have been difficult to autodelete >99% of the spam infestation by simple pattern matching algorithms to make the existing groups usable again. But Yahoo behaved like a capitalist beekeeper who drowns all his thousands of hives in bleach to stop mites instead of buying medicine for healing them. (Everything counts in large amounts.) So 20 years of internet world knowledge was eradicated in the name of profit.

It will not surprise me at all if the true reason for this worst culturocide since Hitler's book burnings is that service providers are planned to be enforced by EU law to become liable for any uploads of "illegal" content (e.g. hate speech, or what ever future eurocrats will define as such) and so shall become abused as censorship agents and police informers of a new digital gestapo. The EU is gradually eliminating the last remains of anonymous free speech from the internet - copying the Chinese system as a new role model for an inescapable AI based filter bubble of total surveillance to enforce personalized censorship. (Arise of social scoring can be only a matter of time.)
:grab:

Before Yahoo Groups got exterminated, I managed to spend sleepless weeks with downloading most latex & DIY lovedoll groups (including photo texts descriptions and hand-despammed versions of the postings as HTML digest), and also various early pioneer groups about latex and inflatables (some dating back to 1999, including Mr. Blowup's legendary photo pages). So I rescued far over 1GB of content.

Was the lovedoll groups topic already completely assimilated by TDF over time, or are still important parts missing? Is there an official Yahoo Group archive website (other than archive.org) to upload them?

Bluedog
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bluedog »

I also suspect it has a great deal to do with simple economics. I doubt the free Yahoo! groups were making any money, and as traffic dwindled in favor of other sites/boards/forums, Yahoo! likely decided that it just wasn't worth the effort.

And of course, if they were potentially liable for content, well... buh-bye!

Yes, years ago I posted a substantial amount of content in a couple of mannequin groups on Yahoo! But I left the scene for a few years, my backups failed, and I was unable to retrieve a couple hundred nice mannequin pics.

If anyone has content from the old aphroditesimage groups, mannequinmadness, etc., please shoot me a pm.
Blonde, brunette redhead?
Brunette
Slim, athletic, voluptuous?
Athletic.
Demure, aggressive, sleazy? Be honest.
Sleazy ...
Demure

solitaryman1424

Post by solitaryman1424 »

I have alot of their latex doll pictures downloaded on mt hard drive lwep, and so on.

solitaryman1424

Post by solitaryman1424 »

I forgot, you can't get any pictures even if you still have an account, if you try to go to any of your groups nothing their. The site went to spam, yes just junk spam.

silicon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by silicon »

Walking dolls are coming, Rise of the Machines..

INFORMATIONS