sanhuiofficial.com

She finally arrived...and some cautionary advice...

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
ashblacktail
Active Poster
Active Poster

She finally arrived...and some cautionary advice...

Post by ashblacktail »

So my SH 168 arrived just now, and thank the stars I paid the extra 400 for the flight case otherwise she might be going straight back to Sanhui after how she was delivered. This is no way meant to reflect badly on Sanhui and is in regards to Fedex that delivered her.

So as I sit in my living room waiting for the Fedex truck to show up all morning, it finally did. While I was putting on my shoes to go out and meet the driver to help him unload the doll I heard a loud thud(live in a duplex and the driveway is literally about 10 feet from the door). I ran out of the apartment to see that the Fedex driver dragged the box off the back of the truck and dropped it on the black top with the side that has the "This Side Up" sticker facing down. My heart sank. So I ran over ignoring the driver to flip the box back over(I don't want the boobs getting crushed).

After this the driver pissed and moaned about the package being heavy and didn't want to help me bring it inside(he eventually did and I wished he wouldn't have). Once inside I told him we would just set it down in the middle of the living room(a clear open path about 10 feet from the door). Once we got there a second time he just dropped the box on the floor.

By this point anger was starting to get the better of me. I very curtly asked the driver if he needed my signature to which he nonchalantly said no, so I told him he could kindly f*ck off out of my apartment then.

I opened the box(which looks like it's been through some rough days with punctures/tears) to see the flight case was in good shape(leaves me hopeful). I opened the case and did a very quick once over of the doll and didn't see any major damages(sadly I work tonight and am in dire need of sleep so I can't really unbox her fully and inspect her until tomorrow morning when I get home).

Sanhui did a good job of packing her, and that alone coupled with the fact she was in a case is what leaves me hopeful that she isn't damaged. If she had came in just a cardboard box I don't think it'd be the same case. So while it may cost more money I would recommend going with the flight case if you don't want a damaged doll thanks to careless delivery drivers mishandling packages that have fragile stickers plastered all over them.

Tomorrow when I have time to take her out and give her the first bath to get rid of the mold release agents and do a proper inspection I'll post an update to this thread sharing if she did have any damages or not(I don't think she did, but ya never know). Now off to finally get some sleep(or try to)...
Wherever you go, the sky is the sky and people are people.

Ravness Blacktail's Review(SH168) viewtopic.php?f=87&t=139631

MANABU
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: She finally arrived...and some cautionary advice...

Post by MANABU »

Congrats!! I just got my 168 head 15 skin tone 3, a week ago! Maybe they are sisters. Lol from the same batch of silicone. Anyway... ENJOY I wish you both all the best!

MANABU and
LADY KIKU

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Congrats ashblacktail... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Pabzilla
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pabzilla »

Congratulations ashblacktail, sanhui dolls are fantastic, I hope you have a similarly wonderful experience to what I have enjoyed with my doll :thumbs_up:

ashblacktail
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ashblacktail »

Thanks guys. Wasn't able to sleep, go figure, haha. While I haven't wrestled her out of the case and onto the bed yet. I did take the time to unwrap her and at least look to see if any cosmetic issues where there. There were some that are mostly minor(maybe all minor stuff) and I sent Sanhui an email with pictures of things I found and noticed. A lot of it seems to just be common things(like bent up neck caused by mishandling from delivery people). Though there were a couple things(again minor) that I'm waiting on a response about(a finger that was punctured and has a very small tear, a couple micro cuts on a hip, some abrasions on the ear, and a glob of glue that got smeared through the eyelash onto the eyelid, this last one sounds worse than it actually looks).

I imagine/hoping that it shouldn't be a big deal for any of that stuff to be fixed and am just waiting on an official response. My only real/major concern is that there is no skeletal damage that occurred during shipping. I'll know that tomorrow when I can get her out of the case and clean her and see if her joints move correctly or not.

For first impressions though, Sanhui does indeed make beautiful dolls. Apart from the finger and hip stuff, the rest of the stuff is tolerable. Those two are what I'm really waiting hear back on as if left alone they could become bigger issues later on down the road and I'd rather nip it in the bud now while it's just a tiny blemish.

lucybeauty
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lucybeauty »

wow,congratualations to you,hope everything is good,i'm sorry for the driver's behavior,i'm glad your doll's okay,hope you and your dolls have a nice honeymoon,i'll be waiting for your photo.

Sapphire_Venus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Sapphire_Venus »

The cautionary advice is much appreciated; I never would have considered a flight case, which sounds like a life-saver. Even though the ordeal behind the delivery driver was unfortunate, the actual delivery was well deserved. Christmas must have arrived pretty early for you.

Have a nice evening.

serge
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by serge »

That's a great news !! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I really hope you will enjoy your lovely as i do with Danae !!

Best wishes !! And honeymoon !! :oops: :whistle:

RogerSmith

Post by RogerSmith »

Delivery driver seems like a strange career choice for someone who can't pull a 90~ pound box out the back of a truck. btw, where's the character in your avatar from?

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

We have a rolling metal hand-truck, which can be used horizontally, as well as vertically. I keep it handy in the garage, for deliveries. What I noticed on four deliveries of dolls to our house, with the exception of the last one - number five, where the driver waited for me to come to the van to offer assistance, before unloading, is that none of the drivers pay any attention to the "This Side Up" arrows or text. I had to yell at one driver to stop in his tracks, so I could get to him and save the package. Too late, though, for the neck was broken by that point, which can also be attributed to poor packaging on that Chinese doll. When buying new, ordering the case makes sense.
When one encounters a situation or circumstance the reason for which appears illusive it is best to ask one's self; cui bono? Who benefits?

Sanhui - 145cm C Sakura Head
Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

ashblacktail
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ashblacktail »

@RogerSmith, she’s an original creation. I have a lot of hobbies one of which is writing. Over the years I’ve worked on and off on a fantasy story and the avatar I use on here was the leading lady of the tale, the main character of the story has the name I use for my account on here. To make the avatar I just made a 3d render of the character was all. Since my doll will share the same name as my avatar I wanna wait to reveal it until I make the proper review thread.

Pictures will be coming as well as a in depth review. Sadly it’ll be probably tues/Wednesday of next week for this as yesterday was essentially my “monday” of the work week. Today’s project is going to be getting her out of the case and getting the mold release cleaned off of her, as well as checking joints for any problems. I’ll try to get a pic of her when she’s cleaned up to post. Sadly since she arrived so fast(shipping was only 4 days) I haven’t had time to wash all the clothes I had got for her, so for now all she has that’s safe to wear is a white bikini(next week she’ll have a lot more options/outfits).

poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by poppy70 »

Congratulations to your new roommate. Hopefully she has no headache from the rough transport :)
poppy
Poppys girls
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
click on image to go to their thread

oktyp
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by oktyp »

Congrats and happy honeymoon!
Could you share what is the size of the flight case (HxWxL)?

ashblacktail
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ashblacktail »

@poppy70 I think she's fine, probably happy to finally be outta that case now tho, haha. I'm happy the smell from the mold release agent is gone now as well that she's been cleaned.

So today I got her outta the case, gave her a sponge bath, powdered her(I couldn't believe how much of a difference that makes in how soft she is), got a bikini on her, got her into the bed(which she has taken over now, haha), and that's about it. I didn't realize how taxing it would be to be moving her around(doesn't help I didn't get any sleep yesterday waiting on her to show up then having to go work all night either, -.-"). Is all good tho, I'll have days off next week and all the holidays off so there will be plenty of time to bond then.

Kudos to you guys who handle several dolls at once or do a lot of photography work. Now having seen first hand what goes into moving them around I have a much deeper respect for you guys. I didn't think it'd be that much of a work out but I should have known. Stiff joints that don't want to move coupled with having to lift her/move her about 4 times during the whole process was a bit more than I thought it'd be. Her skeleton seems fine. The hips were pretty stiff, especially the left one. When I was cleaning her off in order to get her back and booty I gently rolled her on to her side and when I did so her hip popped(didn't break, just made a pop) and her leg settled and became quite a bit easier to move. I think the joint just had a lot of pressure on it and was locked up and when I rolled her on her side it took the pressure off.

Her back is very easy to move, I know this was a point of contention these last few days on the forum with the older model skeletons. It takes minimal force to move the joint in her back(just laying her down on the bed her own weight was enough for the joint in her back to let her align herself to the memory foam on the bed without me even touching her). It's not a loose joint tho, once you get it into a position it'll stay there till you try to move again, it's just when you do move it it's fairly easy to do(much easier than her hips were lmao).

I gave up on the ankle joints. They can rotate fine, but trying to point the feet downward(position they need to be in for high heels) isn't happening. Those joints are locked up hard. I put as much pressure as I felt was safe to do so to try to move them and they didn't budge at all, so I'm guessing it's just gonna take time for those to loosen up. I get why Sanhui did this(so the doll can temporarily stand if need be) and I don't fault them for it at all as that's a useful thing even for a non-standing type doll like mine(she's gonna be bed ridden most of her life). I also understand why people go for the standing dolls for dressing them(getting a bikini bottom on a 80 lbs doll lying on memory foam took a bit of thinking).

Overall I'm very happy with her. She has a few blemishes here and there but I guess that just make her unique, ><. I'm sure in time she'll loosen up a bit and I'll get the hang of cleaning her and dressing her so that it is easier. For now though, I'm just content she's home.

ashblacktail
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ashblacktail »

@oktyp, sorry I missed your question, it's dimensions are 160x40x30 cms. It had plenty of space to hold the doll's body(head was wrapped separately and in a bag placed between the doll's legs. The case itself is made out of plywood with a leather wrap around the outside of it. The cardboard box around the case was a bit torn up when my doll arrived but there was no damage at all to the case itself. It has a locking mechanism and comes with two keys to open it. It's not a heavy duty lock by any means but if you need your doll out of sight it's more than fine for that as the case itself just looks like an ottoman.

For me I opted to get it for the extra protection during shipping as well as the fact that I know my current residence is only going to be for 1 year and I will need it then to move the doll later on(keep the packing materials like styrofoam they pack your doll with in case you need to move like I will later on). In the mean time tho. The case is now my doll's personal wardrobe/storage for all the cleaning stuffs/clothes/etc that I got for her.

It's pricey to get one, but if a later move, needed storage for doll related things, or convenient hiding place are things you need/want, then it's worth it.

INFORMATIONS