www.ordoll.com

OR156B Frame

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

OR156B Frame

Post by Taylr »

Before y'all bring out the tar and feathers, I purchased this doll knowing she was in need of repairs and a very valiant attempt had been made by the previous owner. I bought her only for use in posing with my mannequins, but her incredibly heavy body took its toll on me. I knew there were finger issues, as well, and when I found the finger steel was rusting on one hand, I decided to take her apart. The outcome is this skeleton, which I believe has shrugging shoulders and seems to be very well constructed, although the bolts holding the hands on the arms are not the same from right to left. I found this to be rather odd, and the right hand was loose, so that bolt set-up wasn't working as well as the other. I left the feet on so I could stand her while I work on cleaning off the frame.
Attachments
DSCF0014.JPG
DSCF0014.JPG (3.43 MiB) Viewed 2597 times
Frame2.JPG
Frame2.JPG (1.47 MiB) Viewed 2597 times
When one encounters a situation or circumstance the reason for which appears illusive it is best to ask one's self; cui bono? Who benefits?

Sanhui - 145cm C Sakura Head
Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: OR156B Frame

Post by Arthur1960 »

As the Topic is not specific to OR Doll I've moved it to Repairs and Maintenance where you are more likely to get a response to your question. I would guess that the tpe is bonded more firmly to the bandage that's wrapped around the joints.

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

I had posted it in ORDoll more to share with other OR owners what "she" looks like inside. If the question is what brought you to bring it to this forum, then I might wish to alter my message by removing the question, which I have now done. Perhaps, now, it might be returned to the OR forum?
When one encounters a situation or circumstance the reason for which appears illusive it is best to ask one's self; cui bono? Who benefits?

Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

Interresting 8)

Sure, it's always a little sad to see a doll "boned", but when it's for a good cause it's excusable.
It does not shock me when it is done intelligently, on a doll which was in any case unrecoverable. Whatever care we give them, they have a limited lifespan (just like us) and they cannot live forever. I myself extracted the skeleton of some of my minis, whose body was completely deteriorated.

For the skeleton, actually, the difference in mounting the hands is weird, it looks like an error because I don't see too much reason for it to be designed like that. From what I know, but I can be wrong, the skeletons are not manufactured by OR, but delivered by a subcontractor. In this case, there may be a problem with quality control over what is provided.

What is approximately, the weight of the skeleton alone?
It will not be exact, because there are pieces of TPE, including the feet, but it could give an indication.
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Ditto on JUSTINBRIDOU's comments. It truely is sad when one of these ladies are "skinned" so-to-speak.
BUT?.. it is interesting and educational for anyone who needs to do a repair on a "skeleton" of their lady.

In fact, I am looking for a PICTURE OF A WM 166 skeleton especially the ankle-foot . Yes, my lady broke her ankle and I need to repair her. Maybe someone on TDF could help?

Posts like this is what makes TDF so valuable to members.

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

SiliconeWorld wrote:Ditto on JUSTINBRIDOU's comments. It truely is sad when one of these ladies are "skinned" so-to-speak.
BUT?.. it is interesting and educational for anyone who needs to do a repair on a "skeleton" of their lady. In fact, I am looking for a PICTURE OF A WM 166 skeleton especially the ankle-foot . Yes, my lady broke her ankle and I need to repair her. Maybe someone on TDF could help? Posts like this is what makes TDF so valuable to members.
Arthur1960 shared with me that this skeleton is used in other dolls manufactured at the Jinsan factory, so maybe my lady's foot will be the same as your WM. I will have the feet off this week and I can post another photo, if that would help.

Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

JustinBridou wrote:Interresting 8) What is approximately, the weight of the skeleton alone? It will not be exact, because there are pieces of TPE, including the feet, but it could give an indication.
I will attempt to weigh her this afternoon, and post my results for you at that time. She is much steadier on her feet without all the TPE, so it should be easy enough.

Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Grimmiekins
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Grimmiekins »

you should take close up pics of all the joints so if anyone ever has a OR doll in this size that might have a loose joint or a broken spot then will know what to look for

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

Grimmiekins wrote:you should take close up pics of all the joints so if anyone ever has a OR doll in this size that might have a loose joint or a broken spot then will know what to look for
It is my intent to do so, as soon as I can clean the TPE off the joints. That task is proving to be much more difficult than stripping down the bulk of the body. Today, I did manage to clean off the left foot, so I could provide the promised images of that part of the skeleton.

There was only one rod going into the large toe, which was a coiled, hollow tube, into which was inserted a copper-looking wire with some stiffness, wrapped with a thick thread. The end of the protrusion was bent, as well, which would help keep the end from poking through the TPE. You will notice the sole is arched, and I am not sure whether or not this was done by the factory, or use. The other foot appears to be arched, as well, although I have not finished removing the TPE from it and will take photos once I have accomplished this task. In a PM, Arthur1960 made mention of the spot-welds, which you can see in the photos. They seem to be at the head of the bolt, which means any attempt to remove the bolt will require removing the weld before the bolt can be slipped out of the hinge. Can't imagine that would be possible, without damaging the TPE surrounding it. It does mean it is unlikely the bolt will ever slip out of the hinge, even if the nut somehow works its way free.
Attachments
Foot-004.jpg
Foot-004.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 2442 times
Foot-003.jpg
Foot-003.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 2442 times
Foot-002.jpg
Foot-002.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2442 times
Foot-001.jpg
Foot-001.jpg (3.04 MiB) Viewed 2442 times

Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

Although not requested, this photo is of the left hand, which was attached with a flat-head, slotted bolt and standard nut, both easily removed. The right hand has a hex-bolt with a standard nut, which is also the combination used for the standing feet and other hinged areas. The left hand bolt was the only one of its kind I have found, so far. Odd. I will have to wait until I finish the right hand to figure out where the thumb wire attaches, as it was lost in the TPE on the left hand.
Attachments
Left Hand.jpg
Left Hand.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 2439 times

Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

JustinBridou wrote:Interresting 8) What is approximately, the weight of the skeleton alone?
With her feet still attached, and with Topsiders on, she weighed in at 7kg (15.4lbs). I will weigh her again, when she is completely TPE-free.

Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

INFORMATIONS