sanhuiofficial.com

Project Cardboard Elf

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Project Cardboard Elf

Post by ShadowFun »

So, as dig around and research and obsess and change my mind constantly while accumulating funds for my first doll, the 118 elf stands out as a front runner for me. Mike at Sanhui has been patiently answering my questions. Thank you for that. But there's one question that can't be answered virtually: will I actually like a doll of that size? I've certainly read plenty of accounts from small doll buyers who are happy and many who are not.

Thus, I've decided there's only one thing to do, make myself an elf, out of cardboard...
DSCF4255.JPG
DSCF4255.JPG (3.89 MiB) Viewed 3337 times
Got a good start on her today and I am definitely encouraged! Feels like she could be quite sexy sitting in my lap! Abbey wants to know, "are you gonna paint the cardboard Miss blue, like a proper elf?" Patience girl, patience...

More pics when I get some more done. Ha!

slvstake

Re: Project Cardboard Elf

Post by slvstake »

Now, I call that creative. Good Luck!

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Ha! Ha! That's funny, I never told anyone but I was so excited when I ordered my first tpe doll that I couldn't wait and I made cardboard representations of her torso based on the measurements in the Amazon ad so that I could see about how big her breasts were and her stomach. I didn't go so far as to make the entire doll like you are.

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

One thing you can rebuild her when you need too...clever idea...

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Thanks all! Believe it or not, this isn't my most ambitious cardboard mock-up. I once built a cardboard camping trailer in my garage to see if I thought I could deal with it's tiny size. Ha! As it is, the cardboard Miss is progressing slowly. Got some "standing" feet on her today. Gonna have to do some engineering to figure out her torso...
Attachments
DSCF4258.JPG
DSCF4258.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 3197 times

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Good progress today, head and torso but Abbey isn't satisfied...

"Where's her boobies master?"
Attachments
DSCF4270.JPG
DSCF4270.JPG (3.47 MiB) Viewed 3083 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Flat chested! OMG a childlike, something, BAN it :)

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Ha! Thanks, now I'm creeped out by my own creation. Better get some tits on there quick. Maybe that's why Abbey was complaining...

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Abbey says, "mmmm... that's more like it!"

Doesn't seem as stacked as the real elf but the measurements are correct. Almost finished!
Attachments
DSCF4271.JPG
DSCF4271.JPG (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2995 times

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

My apologies to those who've been interested in how the Cardboard Miss was progressing. I did end up finishing her but then life and other projects came storming in and I neglected this thread. Here she is with Robyn, my JM 80 elf.
Robyn Loves the Cardboard Miss.jpg
Robyn Loves the Cardboard Miss.jpg (422.46 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
As it stands now, finding a lovely 118 elf to come live with us will have to wait. I'm going to call the cardboard experiment a total success. She really did tell me a tremendous amount about what it would be like to play with a doll her size. Doll size is such a critical unknown. Having something "physical" to experience answered questions my subconscious couldn't ask.

I love her size. There will be a Sanhui 118 elf in my household. Of course, we are going to want all the options so it's going to take some long term budgeting. Robyn says she's willing to wait and will take good care of the Cardboard Miss until her day of rebirth arrives.

Thanks for reading!

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Shadow Fun,, good reading and nice photos as always. You really have a great creative mind.

Love Miss C Board. she is a keeper.
Thanks
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Thanks JT! I really appreciate your comments. Hopefully I won’t have to wait years to get her “real” body...

Hoshiko

Post by Hoshiko »

Def an interesting project! Will she get further updates? ;)

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Hoshiko wrote:Def an interesting project! Will she get further updates? ;)
I see her as complete at this point. All I really didn't make was her hands but, as everyone knows, hands are really hard to do right. Ha! I'm pretty content with her in her present form. I might do something more if boredom hits now that I've got my whole house to myself again. That is unlikely though. My home is starting to be overrun by 1/6 scale dollies and they are keeping me busy.

Plus, the Cardboard Miss is just unfinished enough to remind me there's a bigger dream behind her.

Hmmm.... maybe there's a photo story in that... Ugh! Too many projects!

Thanks for your interest!

Hoshiko

Post by Hoshiko »

ShadowFun wrote:
Hoshiko wrote:Def an interesting project! Will she get further updates? ;)
I see her as complete at this point. All I really didn't make was her hands but, as everyone knows, hands are really hard to do right. Ha! I'm pretty content with her in her present form. I might do something more if boredom hits now that I've got my whole house to myself again. That is unlikely though. My home is starting to be overrun by 1/6 scale dollies and they are keeping me busy.

Plus, the Cardboard Miss is just unfinished enough to remind me there's a bigger dream behind her.

Hmmm.... maybe there's a photo story in that... Ugh! Too many projects!

Thanks for your interest!
Ah, I meant updates as in further adventures! 0X :mrgreen: Maybe she'll (try to) dispose of the 1/6 crowd to make room for her "true self", or she'll run amuck with them because she does not want to be replaced by a "real doll" XD
(or I would just be interested in goofy pics of the cardboard miss XD)

INFORMATIONS