https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Diary of a Tiny Minx Maker

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

I figure it's time that I start writing down and recording what I'm doing. Mostly, I'm having fun. More fun than I've had in decades. I love dolls and figures, models, dioramas and well, tiny things in general. As a child, I lived through the small worlds I created. I even found a way to "adult" my childhood passions through sculpting, always in small scale.

And suddenly, in my mid-fifties, I find myself playing with dolls again. I couldn't be happier. It's truly a homecoming. It's great having this forum as a playground where the erotic part of my play is not only allowed, but encouraged. I hope to participate here for a long time.

So, on to the purpose of this thread. I kept telling myself I'd introduce all my tiny minxes in their own threads when they were "done". But who am I kidding? I constantly tinker and never leave anything well enough alone. I want what I want. It's likely I will never have a doll I don't modify or stop modifying. This thread is about sharing the journey I'm on with my lovelies. Maybe it'll help me remember what I did, techniques that worked and didn't and maybe I'll get new ideas and help from others.

Time to introduce the Minxes…

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Diary of a Tiny Minx Maker

Post by ShadowFun »

Sky the Damsel

Sky is the most feminine of my ladies. She prefers to wear white because she likes the purity of freshly fallen snow. Sky loves dress-up playtime. Nearly all outfits in the doll closet are meant for her. Stockings, heels and lace are her weapons of choice to battle your Will with her devastating curves. She takes no prisoners and demands your adoration.
Sky and Mr Hops.jpg
Sky and Mr Hops.jpg (311.32 KiB) Viewed 7728 times
Sky will likely be the least modified of my Phicen ladies. This is because of her superbe head sculpt, the Super Duck SDDX01C. When I first discovered Phicen seamless bodies, I researched and obsessed about what to buy first, but when I saw this head, with its delicate features, moving eyes and short white hair, I was in love instantly.
Portrait of Sky.JPG
Portrait of Sky.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 7728 times
Her persona didn't take shape until I found her body, the Phicen S32a. This body was actually the 3rd one I purchased. Her long legs and shapely ass just made my Sky's charms complete. It was then that her name came to me.

The hair piece of her head sculpt is very well done. It's held together with tiny magnets. I'm disappointed that Super Duck doesn't have additional wigs available but it's been pretty easy to make my own from the Kumik wigs and some epoxy clay. Currently, Sky has pink and black wigs to play in.
Sky's wigs.jpg
Sky's wigs.jpg (382.39 KiB) Viewed 7728 times
The biggest mod on the table for Sky is new feet and ankles. I'm a bit of a foot and shoe guy and I have to say, I hate the aesthetics of the Phicen removable feet. You will never see Sky in flat feet and the heeled Phicen feet are not arched high enough for us. She is much more of a tippy-toe girl like her Monster High pals. To get an idea of what we want, here's Sky's entry in this month's composite photo challenge.
Devious Ankles.jpg
Devious Ankles.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 7728 times
Most of the mods for Sky will be the things she wears. Of course, I'll need to make shoes for her new feet but clothes will be the most work. The S32a/33b bodies have significantly different proportions than other standard height bodies. They've got long legs, a full shapely ass and short torsos. I've found that most of the ready-made clothes I've bought don't fit right, or at all. Ultimately, this doesn't bother me too much because I like to tinker, and tailoring clothes to Sky gives me more time to study her lovely curves…
Sky and Tiny Pleasers.jpg
Sky and Tiny Pleasers.jpg (138.1 KiB) Viewed 7728 times
Thanks for reading!
Up next… Abbey the Little Blue Devil

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

I am looking forward to Abbey, although she has told me a lot in the last nights
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Wolferich wrote:I am looking forward to Abbey, although she has told me a lot in the last nights
Ha! Oh I bet she has Wolferich! She won't tell me anything about your conversation. She says I need to "pay better attention to her plans for me and stop concerning myself with her plans for others".

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Abbey the Little Blue Devil

Abbey is the Demoness in charge of Mischief in my household. She is the leader of the clan of Monster High ghoulfriends that roam my house. All of them refuse to wear clothes. She prefers not to socialize with my other Phicen ladies because, "They are too easy to bend to my Will". I suspect I am only slightly more of a challenge…
Minx of Mischief.JPG
Minx of Mischief.JPG (935.62 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
From the start, Abbey has been revealing herself to my unconscious mind like a true demoness. Her body is a Phicen S26a, the smallest of the seamless ones. I have a thing for petite women and I snapped up this body as soon as I could. But, as many have found, it's a frustrating body to find a head for. There's a lot of chatter online about trying, and failing, to find a good "match". It's my opinion, after spending time with this body "in-hand", that the trouble is not the small size, but the long and narrow proportions of this body. To my eye, it is not quite "human" and much more "fantasy". Even when you put a head on it that seems right sized for her shoulders, she still doesn't look "realistic".

That's when I stumbled across a photo of a Monster High head on a S27b. Mind blown! Suddenly I was buying MH dolls on eBay and researching making OOAK heads out of them, how to paint vinyl, make wigs, glass eyes and more. Then, an Abbey Bominable MH doll arrived in a lot I bought and I was charmed. Her face sculpt, expression, eyes, everything… she was perfect, and... she was blue. I have a thing for blue ladies. I own "Avatar" on Blu-ray, I adore all the blue and grey elves on TDF and I already have a resin succubus GK I've been working on over the past few years who will be blue.
Abbey's Sacrifice.jpg
Abbey's Sacrifice.jpg (741.2 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
So how do I make my S26A body blue for Abbey? Coloring TPE doesn't seem to be easy, unless you talk about random staining from clothes. That's stupid easy. I stumbled across someone posting about using art oil pastels to color Phicen bodies and decided to give it a shot. Overall, I'm pretty happy. The color holds up well enough, doesn't rub off or transfer like crazy and is easily removable with baby oil. Here's my method so far:

First, I make sure she's clean and powdered. It's important her skin isn't sticky. I color with the pastel sticks straight on her skin, dabbing the stick in powder every so often to help it glide. This is important to keep from tearing her skin. After I build up some color, I go over it with a makeup applicator and powder, to work the color into the skin. Then I let her sit for a while. I'm not sure if the TPE absorbs the color in much but I'm hoping it does. It does seem to stabilize a little though after sitting a day. Then I wash her gently with soap, dry her and powder. This washes off the color that is on the surface and didn't absorb. It's obvious where more needs to be re-applied then and I repeat.
Rub it on gently.jpg
Rub it on gently.jpg (801.64 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
The more I handle Abbey, the more her color comes off. She still picks up dirt like any other Phicen does but clothes, even black dyed vinyl, don't seem to stain her blued skin. Her blue color is contagious however. She will stain the other Phicen ladies on contact. It's quite a bit of work coloring her but worth the results. I'll update my processes as they develop further. I'm not ready to recolor her right now but when I do next, I'll do a photo shoot of it.

Attaching Abbey's head to the S26A has been a challenge. I ruined one head already. As many know, the head peg on this body is smaller than standard. I finally modified a generic connector to fit the ball. In order to position it, I had to cut a hole in the top of her head and remove her hair. Fortunately, I found a maker on eBay who makes custom dyed mohair wigs with a hard cap molded to fit MH heads. Abbey loves the new hairdo but she's pestering me to learn some hairdressing skills.
Abbey's Head Connection.jpg
Abbey's Head Connection.jpg (583.47 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
I also love the hands and feet of MH dolls. The feet were an easy swap but the hands are proving more difficult. I like the wrist flexibility of the MH ghoulfriends and am trying to retain that on Abbey's Phicen pegs. I'm considering wiring them on but I still would like to be able to remove them. I'm stumped. I might try to make some epoxy clay "clip inserts". Right now, her hands stay on well enough just by pushing them over the pegs.
Abbey's Hands.jpg
Abbey's Hands.jpg (561.61 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
What's else for Abbey? She's hinted to me that she has other names that she will reveal in time, possibly with other personas. I've also seen a vision of her in something black but she tells me, "You're not ready yet". I'm certain there will be revelations ahead. I'll keep you posted…
Mischief Begin!.jpg
Mischief Begin!.jpg (200.29 KiB) Viewed 7698 times
Thanks for reading!
Up next… Mistress White

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

She is so beautifull, and a sister in spirit of Gizem.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

ShadowFun
Great thread. Glade to see you have started this. As we talked I am heading into uncharted territory.
With your thread here I am sure I will be following your map.
Like you were saying it's hard to keep up with your ideas that roll threw our minds.

Looking forward to see and reading more.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Thanks Justintime! It was our conversations that pushed me over the edge on getting this thread up. I realized, if I didn't start something, I was going to forget! And, I'm discovering what great fun this is. Ha!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

So, some of y’all may have noticed I’m posting stereoscopic photos on this thread. I’m going to continue doing that. I’m posting them in “parallel” configuration. That means left eye/left pic, right eye/right pic. This is the only way I can make it “pop” for me. I view TDF on my tablet and phone and the spacing is perfect. I know many out there prefer “cross-eyed” but that doesn’t work for me. Originally, I was going to post pics in both styles but I’ve discovered my photo workflow isn’t conducive to it. Let me know if you want the pics up in both configurations and I’ll see if I can work it out. Thanks!

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

I view TDF with my laptop connected HDMI to my 65inch Samsung TV, mounted on the wall.( wireless mouse and keyboard.)
The picture quality is unreal in HD.
I love the pics ShadowFun keep then coming
Shelby Model Information

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Haha! OMG, that is big! Shhh... don’t tell my girlies. Their egos are big enough already...

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Mistress White

The Mistress doesn't give a f*ck what anyone thinks. She knows what's really going on in this house, SEX. It doesn't matter what little stories and roles the other Minxes are pretending at, Mistress White is here to remind everyone that the only goal is pleasure. Sure, she'll play along with Sky in her damsel fantasies but in the end, Mrs White makes sure we all get our needs met.
Mistress White.JPG
Mistress White.JPG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 7615 times
The Mistress was my first Phicen body, an S07c. I was stunned when I got her at her details and poseability. Like any newbie, I ran rampant with trying stuff out. Put clothes on her that stained, tried different heads, tore one of her feet and just experimented in general. She was rapidly turning into my tester body and then, I discovered the Monster High girls.

There are very few "flesh" colored MH dolls but one of them is the Headless Headmistress Bloodgood. I immediately saw the possibilities. The Headmistress head, unlike other MH dolls, is meant to be removed and easily pops straight on a standard Phicen peg. Right then and there, the Mistress was born. I had already amassed a lot of scale leather garments and "other props". The stern and mature face of this head made it all come together.
No Nonsense Face.jpg
No Nonsense Face.jpg (516.28 KiB) Viewed 7615 times
One thing must change however. I don't like her eyes. They are too "painted-on" for me. So what to do? Put some eyeballs in her skull of course! There's a lot of info online about putting eyes into MH heads. I've purchased some and have been making practice cuts on scrap heads but I haven't started cutting my Mrs head yet. I still have much to learn with the knife.
Glastic 10mm Eyes.jpg
Glastic 10mm Eyes.jpg (492.82 KiB) Viewed 7615 times
A second part of the problem is how to access the inside of her head. I could cut it open like I did with Abbey but I like the Mistress's pulled back hair. The same wig maker who made Abbey's wig made a custom pulled back one for me but I'm not thrilled with it. It lacks the tightness to her head of the original rooted hair. I'm stalled at this point. There's amazing work being done with MH heads out there. I'm just not sure if I can do it.

I don't mind the Mistress's molded-on feet. She always wears heels or boots anyway. I don't care that a lot of her "leather" stains her. She doesn't give a shit either. She reminds me, "I'm here to make sure we're all having fun and getting dirty is not just encouraged, but required".

Yes Mistress, thank you Mistress...
Bunny Shenanigans.jpg
Bunny Shenanigans.jpg (472.81 KiB) Viewed 7615 times
Thanks for reading!
Up next... Violet

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

They got me, there's no more resistance. I've lost everything. 0X :drinking:
Attachments
DEBA1E06-88FD-401B-985D-D2C1EA95E4F2.jpeg
DEBA1E06-88FD-401B-985D-D2C1EA95E4F2.jpeg (373.64 KiB) Viewed 7593 times

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

ShadowFun well you have me hooked on MH, they are so cool I really like BJD's and these are so cute.
I have been burning up youtube and watching all the amazing recreations. So I am going to give it a shot .
These little ladies are very inexpensive and the used ones even more so.
Lord help my paypal account..ha ha
For now I am just going with one of my Phicen bodies and a MH head. But will concentrate on the MH for making more exotic BJD's
Going to be using some epoxy clay to do add-ons.

I watched a girl cut and pull the hair loose, then she cut the back of the head, to pull the hair out. Then she glued it back with superglue.( I have seen the hair removed from the hole in the head, very slowly of course.) She was making her own wigs/hair. When finished she put glue in the wig cap and put it on permanently. So even though she cut the back ,by making and gluing the cap on it made it strong.

great stuff keep it coming
Shelby Model Information

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Wolferich and Justintime, I agree, these MH dolls are addictive!
Purrsephone and Catrine.jpg
Purrsephone and Catrine.jpg (355.1 KiB) Viewed 7567 times
It's stunning what people create with these girls. Doll-making is truly an art form. Im glad that my desires are to create dolls I can play with instead of sell, show or compete with...

I'm a little frustrated with their ability to hold a pose or stay in place. I've given up making a gif with them. But hey, they are just cheap dolls after all. Have you seen any of the "frightfully tall" MH dolls yet? They are a proper bjd. Too expensive for my current state of addiction. Ha!

INFORMATIONS