sanhuiofficial.com

Is Silicone less durable than TPE ???

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Sex Doll Genie
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Is Silicone less durable than TPE ???

Post by Sex Doll Genie »

Hi, everyone.

I would like to apologize that we had mistakenly shared with you a piece of incorrect information about the durability of Silicone and TPE. I have already corrected the article, and I am really sorry for the confusion and inconvenience you faced because of it.

Here is the link to the article: https://sexdollgenie.com/collections/si ... descending

Once again, I apologize for this information we mistakenly shared, and thank you for helping us in providing correct information to the TDF community. We take this feedback seriously and will make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

Love,
Janet
Sex Doll Genie (SDG)
http://www.sexdollgenie.com

WM, OR, YL, AF, Sanhui, 6ye, Z-One, Sino, DollSweet, ClimaxDoll, Irontech, Piper, D4E, DH168, SM, AS, Qita and more!

+1 (844) 739-9940 (Phone Support & Orders)
Eight Ways to Pay for Your Doll!

Based in Miami, FL
(Free Shipping USA, EU, UK, and rest of the world)
janet@sexdollgenie.com

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

That was nice and well said Janet.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

tpefan19 wrote:
Anung Un Rama wrote: When I also see a top brand tpe doll fall apart in 5 months merely from standing in the box position, well, that was it for me.
Well, this may not be a complete falling apart, but looks very severe after just 5 months of use for a doll that costs $2500 (2019 DS 145 EVO... I also posted it in DS forum, but got no respond the last time I checked)… I realize silicone is easy to repair, but wouldn't it keep on tearing at the same spot over and over?

This may be a deal breaker for me. I have put in an order for a DS 145 EVO, verified the options I wanted, and the next step is to make a deposit of 15%, so work can begin. I was about to, then came across this when searching for a little more info... Now I am thinking about canceling my DS order, and go with Sanhui, but that damned DS Ruby head (and those eyes) will haunt me if I don't get it.

Hoping I can get some honest responds from you and others here.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... t#p1626619

Sure in the advert the seller states

"Mouth is not designed for sex. The vagina is non-removable. A tear developed between the vagina and butt-hole after a few months probably due to spreading the legs. "

Possibly the case, especially if stored or left for extended periods with legs continually spread, as a a stress point is formed on the area under stretch, and the longer the stress the the higher the likelihood of failure. I can not comment from experience on DS lines, I do not have one.

I have not had this issue with Real doll or My Sanhui or PIBs silicone dolls. I did recore Natasha my Real doll (as she was 11 years old and bought second hand from Muzza so time for a freshen up) and I had to repair a split between cavity and Vag on the boytoy (also a second hander, and she had copped a flogging in her last life, a shame as she was the first of her kind for the Celestial Star series with all the implants) In fact she was a full restorer bought that way, but she repaired well and easily and those repairs held no issues at all for the last four odd years.

Details here https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... ra#p709597

Lily has merely had upgrades from velcro face tabs to magnets, and a fine split under her armpit repaired (from over snuggling). Apart from that Panzer Tank tough.

I have never had the same level success with tpe repairs.

So thats the feedback I can offer as asked about silicone dolls that I own.

Can not comment based of experience, on ones I dont.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

As a new silicone doll owner, I can't speak for the long-term durability but am a bit concerned that my silicone doll has finger pokes and a torn vaginal opening after just a month of nearly zero usage.

I could easily repair these on my TPE dolls but am totally lost on the silicone repairs. I used the Sil-poxy for the fingers but it seems to dry way too hard for a vaginal repair.

I'm not yet convinced that modern silicone is fully superior to modern TPE. Sculpt details and makeup are no brainer advantages for silicone but I'm trying to remain hopeful on the durability.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

I think it is important to note that American silicone Smooth-On) is different than Asian silicone just as American dolls, builds and design are different than Asian ones.

American doll companies are much more experienced with their design and their dolls are extremely durable.

American dolls are built to last.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Sorry to hear of your issues, dbenzguy, but Realdolls last for a very very long time.

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

Finger pokes in my opinion are usually just a straight up design flaw of the skeleton or the silicone being too soft at the tips. I hate wires entirely so my DS has boneless fingers for floppy fun. Perfect for snuggling at least.

I've always used Permatex Flowable Windshield for repairs, but I can't say if it's softer or harder than Sil-Poxy. You can pick it up locally pretty easily enough though in the states.

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

WaffleAnomaly wrote:Finger pokes in my opinion are usually just a straight up design flaw of the skeleton or the silicone being too soft at the tips. I hate wires entirely so my DS has boneless fingers for floppy fun. Perfect for snuggling at least.

I've always used Permatex Flowable Windshield for repairs, but I can't say if it's softer or harder than Sil-Poxy. You can pick it up locally pretty easily enough though in the states.
Thanks Waffle... I'll pick some up and do some testing!

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

siliconelover wrote:I think it is important to note that American silicone is different than Asian silicone just as American dolls and design are different than Asian ones.

American doll companies are much more experienced with their design and their dolls are extremely durable.
This does sound like a reasonable consideration... Experience is absolutely key to getting high-quality results.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Yep I use that permatex as well, I get it at the auto parts store normally, and there are also softer blends for the same silicone base sealants at the hardware too like Home depot/Bunnings/Master what ever name you hardware mega marts go under. I find Perantx mixes well with the red ink i need for the she devil to, but only had to to an armpit split, so I added some extra layers onto her heel spurs for her removable hooves.

The key with repellent silicone repair is all in the preparation and the patience with the shaping tool and learning when to tap /press lightly just before full hard cure to get perfect shape contour without dragging or pulling tacky sealant. Thats why I do them in layers, with the artzy finishing layer last, so the smallest application, rather than trying to shape and profile a tacky fluid glob.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

Thanks for the tips... I have some new skills to learn. :drinking:

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Sex Doll Genie wrote:Hi, everyone.

I would like to apologize that we had mistakenly shared with you a piece of incorrect information about the durability of Silicone and TPE. I have already corrected the article, and I am really sorry for the confusion and inconvenience you faced because of it.

Here is the link to the article: https://sexdollgenie.com/collections/si ... descending

Once again, I apologize for this information we mistakenly shared, and thank you for helping us in providing correct information to the TDF community. We take this feedback seriously and will make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

Love,
Janet

You kinda corrected the article.
I found a couple more bits of misinformation here.
1." The silicone sex doll feels heavier than TPE sex dolls."
Most silicone dolls have foam cores that reduce the weight. TPE dolls are usually heavier. A TPE 140 or 145 cm weighs as much as my silicone 145. My doll is solid silicone, no foam core.

2."Thanks to its realistic feel and ease of maintenance, silicone has been regarded as the product for sex doll makers like WM Dolls for a long time."
WM makes TPE dolls, not silicone. They just started making silicone heads I think, but the bodies are still TPE. Most of their dolls are TPE head and body.

You may want to change these as well because people who are new to this hobby will not know that they are getting the wrong information.

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

dbenzguy wrote:As a new silicone doll owner, I can't speak for the long-term durability but am a bit concerned that my silicone doll has finger pokes and a torn vaginal opening after just a month of nearly zero usage.

I could easily repair these on my TPE dolls but am totally lost on the silicone repairs. I used the Sil-poxy for the fingers but it seems to dry way too hard for a vaginal repair.

I'm not yet convinced that modern silicone is fully superior to modern TPE. Sculpt details and makeup are no brainer advantages for silicone but I'm trying to remain hopeful on the durability.

I have not had a vaginal tear ever in the 4 years I have had my silicone doll.
I have had many finger pokes and a couple other things I have dealt with.

I have used sil-poxy and I have used permatex. Had good results with both, but the sil-poxy dries/cures faster.

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Ownerfckdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ownerfckdoll »

I've not had a TPE doll, but I have had multiple silicone dolls. Basically the same doll, just had to unfortunate replace her after a few years of use.

The first two were tin cured silicone. After some time (a year or two) there would start to be splits in the silicone: under the arms, under the breasts, corners of mouth, vagina, fingers, and at the legs. If you caught the splits right away with some silicone sealant, it would hold for a while, but then new splits would show up either in the same general area, or the repair would split again. This would happen over and over until it just became to much to simply "glue" the area back together and would require actually repairing with new silicone. Which is not an easy thing to do. Of course with the amount of use she got from me, I can still say she held up fairly well.

My third and current doll is a platinum cured silicone, and the difference could not be greater. The platinum cured silicone is a god send. I would say it's at least 10X more durable. Maybe 100X. Now, with the third version of my doll I did also opt for an insert and no finger wires. IMHO, until they make the hands out some other even more durable material (or just a harder shore A silicone), unless you are using your doll purely for photography and want to be able to pose the hands, I would opt to leave out the finger wires. It's just not worth the finger pokes you are going to get eventually if you actually use your doll. On top of that I keep my doll wearing leather bondage mittens to protect her fingers (A plus is that I think it's HOT!). But I have to say that after years of HEAVY use, my previous dolls would practically be in pieces, but my current doll still looks nearly brand new. I've only had to repair a couple of the tiniest of splits.

And another thing I didn't see mentioned is odor. It seems to be a mixed bag when it comes to TPE. Some owners say that their TPE doll stunk up the whole house for weeks until is subsided, but eventually became tolerable as long as you don't stick your nose right up to her. Other's say that it was only bad for a couple of days. So your mileage may vary with TPE. With silicone, there is no smell (not strong enough to be able to tell she's in the room or anything). But if you put your nose right up to the silicone, it has a sweet heavenly smell. I'm conditioned to that smell that just a wiff gets me hard!

tpefan19
Ex-Member

Post by tpefan19 »

Ownerfckdoll wrote:But if you put your nose right up to the silicone, it has a sweet heavenly smell. I'm conditioned to that smell that just a wiff gets me hard!
D4E's tpe has a light sweet pleasant smell (not sure if it's the same sweet). Funny thing is that smell is also in the head of Piper dolls (made by D4E, but with integrated head), not just the body... but with D4E's own dolls, the separate head has that funky tpe smell (not as strong as with other tpe, but still there... and they all eventually fade away, or at least to an acceptable level).

INFORMATIONS