sanhuiofficial.com

Is Silicone less durable than TPE ???

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
tpefan19
Ex-Member

Is Silicone less durable than TPE ???

Post by tpefan19 »

This is the first time I read/hear that silicone is less durable than TPE, straight from Sex Doll Genie, a TDF-certified vendor.

I have always suspected that TPE has more elasticity, so less chance to tear, but I thought common knowledge is that silicone holds up better over the years... Is this a mistake/typo?... considering a DS 145, or Sanhui145 with flexi skeleton and soft options, will be about $2500 (roughly $1000 more than any tpe doll I have ever bought), that's tough to justify.

See for yourself below.

Advantages of Silicone Sex Dolls
Easier to cleanse or sterilize
Lesser sensitivity to heat
Silicone can retain its structure and resist weight pressure regardless of the body type
Since it has non-porous texture, silicone sex dolls feel super smooth
Tried and tested as silicone dolls have been around for quite some time

Drawbacks of Silicone Sex Dolls
They feel a bit more firm than a real love doll made of TPE. If you roll them back and forth, the breast and the ass will jiggle (popular wishlist feature) less than a TPE doll. However, some brands like Sino and Gynoid now offer gel implants in breasts, thighs, butt to make them jiggly.
Silicone adult sex dolls are sometimes more expensive
The silicone sex doll feels heavier than TPE sex dolls.
Silicone is less durable than TPE

https://sexdollgenie.com/collections/silicone-sex-dolls

David919191
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Silicone is less durable than TPE !!! ???

Post by David919191 »

Thanks for posting
I’ve been meaning to ask the question, apart from the obvious what’s the difference between TPE and silicon.
Is the huge price difference justified.

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

There is different blends of silicone and different blends of TPE. Neither are more durable than each other. Some silicone is less durable, some is more. Some TPE is less durable, some is more. It all depends on how it's made. Some dolls from some companies are more durable some are less. It depends on the company you are buying from.

tpefan19
Ex-Member

Post by tpefan19 »

ThatOneGuy wrote:There is different blends of silicone and different blends of TPE. Neither are more durable than each other. Some silicone is less durable, some is more. Some TPE is less durable, some is more. It all depends on how it's made. Some dolls from some companies are more durable some are less. It depends on the company you are buying from.
not talking about low grade/mix vs high grade/mix... that's obvious... if "it depends..." is your answer, then you can't compare anything in this world to one another.

should be some sort of apple to apple comparison, like high-grade tpe and high-grade silicone.

ThatOneGuy

Post by ThatOneGuy »

tpefan19 wrote:
ThatOneGuy wrote:There is different blends of silicone and different blends of TPE. Neither are more durable than each other. Some silicone is less durable, some is more. Some TPE is less durable, some is more. It all depends on how it's made. Some dolls from some companies are more durable some are less. It depends on the company you are buying from.
not talking about low grade/mix vs high grade/mix... that's obvious... if "it depends..." is your answer, then you can't compare anything in this world to one another.

should be some sort of apple to apple comparison, like high-grade tpe and high-grade silicone.
My point was every company uses their own unique blend of silicone and tpe. How do you determine high end? Gynoid, DS dolls, Sino, 4woods, they all use different blends of silicone. How do you determine high end? By price? By reputation? There is no clear cut answer here. There is no singular definitive blend of silicone or tpe that beats out every single one. They all have their own pros and cons. The vendor telling you that silicone is less durable than tpe is wrong and it would be wrong to say tpe is less durable than silicone. It shouldn't even be put on their site period. The only way to truly get any answer is if someone got samples from every single company and tested all the samples. Even then there will be pros and cons to all of them. Not everything in life can be compared. It's almost as if there are gray areas in life or nuance.

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

One would need to define what "durable" means in the first place. TPE is a nightmare to repair compared to silicone on a semi-related note IMO.

Stretch/Tear resistance?
Drying out over time?
Heat resistance?
Crush resistance?
Fabric Dye Absorption?
Resistance to damage by friction/rubbing?
Mold resistance?

And that's just the outer material! A true comparison absolutely requires taking into account the skeleton and inner foam cores, etc into the equation.

tpefan19
Ex-Member

Post by tpefan19 »

ThatOneGuy wrote: My point was every company uses their own unique blend of silicone and tpe. How do you determine high end? Gynoid, DS dolls, Sino, 4woods, they all use different blends of silicone. How do you determine high end? By price? By reputation? There is no clear cut answer here. There is no singular definitive blend of silicone or tpe that beats out every single one. They all have their own pros and cons. The vendor telling you that silicone is less durable than tpe is wrong and it would be wrong to say tpe is less durable than silicone. It shouldn't even be put on their site period. The only way to truly get any answer is if someone got samples from every single company and tested all the samples. Even then there will be pros and cons to all of them. Not everything in life can be compared. It's almost as if there are gray areas in life or nuance.
and my point is you might as well not try to compare anything in life if using your point... at some point, people have to make some generalization if they want to make a comparison, which they do everyday.

WaffleAnomaly wrote:One would need to define what "durable" means in the first place. TPE is a nightmare to repair compared to silicone on a semi-related note IMO.

Stretch/Tear resistance?
Drying out over time?
Heat resistance?
Crush resistance?
Fabric Dye Absorption?
Resistance to damage by friction/rubbing?
Mold resistance?

And that's just the outer material! A true comparison absolutely requires taking into account the skeleton and inner foam cores, etc into the equation.
I think it's generally accepted that a Toyota is more durable than a Ford, but if you get into specific area, you can't say that... so here, to me, durable means in 5 years, or 10 years, how are they going to look and behave compare to they do now, assuming they are given proper cares.

if tpe is more resistant to tear... if silicone is more resistant to heat... those are specific characters to each, not "durability", which is how they hold up after repeated use over a long period.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Forgetting apples to oranges...whatever you read is quite frankly laughable. Silicone is a 100 times more durable than TPE. End of discussion really, simple facts and SDG should sack whoever wrote that. Heaver? Hahahah....but then SDG in the main sell TPE girls and not silicone (last I checked)....soooo....

tpefan19
Ex-Member

Post by tpefan19 »

Maviarab wrote:Forgetting apples to oranges...whatever you read is quite frankly laughable. Silicone is a 100 times more durable than TPE. End of discussion really, simple facts and SDG should sack whoever wrote that. Heaver? Hahahah....but then SDG in the main sell TPE girls and not silicone (last I checked)....soooo....
that's the sort of answer I was expecting... true or false... thank you.

xseria

Post by xseria »

Silicone is objectively more durable than TPE. At the molecular level. One of the main reasons for this is that silicone does not support microbiological growth and the fact that it has the ability to REPEL water. It's embarrassing that article has been up as long as it has.
>Tell your world_

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Since silicone is generally slightly less elastic compared to TPE, they are known to tear more easily around holes, especially anus and mouth if they have a tight design (not a problem on all brands/models). But that's probably the only downside in terms of "durability" compared to TPE which is inferior in pretty much every other aspect. And as mentioned above, silicone is a lot easier and cheaper to repair and maintain. Worth noting however is that TPE dolls also have a lot of problems with tearing around holes, depending on brand and model.

Sexdollgenie have stated some weird stuff before, and their comparisons between silicone and TPE is no different. They also say silicone dolls feel heavier than TPE which is complete bullshit. Silicone as a material is slightly heavier than TPE, but if referring to complete dolls (which they do) then they have foam interiors which saves a lot of weight compared to a TPE doll of similar size. My 160cm Sanhui silicone doll weigh almost the same as my WM 140cm TPE doll (~30kg).
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Dees luver
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Dees luver »

Maviarab wrote:Forgetting apples to oranges...whatever you read is quite frankly laughable. Silicone is a 100 times more durable than TPE. End of discussion really, simple facts and SDG should sack whoever wrote that. Heaver? Hahahah....but then SDG in the main sell TPE girls and not silicone (last I checked)....soooo....

Couldn’t agree more, and I own five of each.
Master of Puppets...

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

tpefan19 wrote: so here, to me, durable means in 5 years, or 10 years, how are they going to look and behave compare to they do now, assuming they are given proper cares.
Sure, but my point was more what did the person who wrote it meant? If it was tearing, then it would be a misleading but somewhat correct statement. Might even just be google translated mush or intentionally misleading because of what products they stock.

I agree with you, and ultimately would declare Silicone is "better" than TPE personally.

The real question is why this topic is in the Sanhui forum :lol:

Oh and for fun in TPE vs Silicone comparison, I'm lucky enough that TPE irritates my skin but silicone doesn't. Worth all the money in the world with that alone.

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

SILICONE is so much more durable!!!!

I have both, and my silicone dolls are ANCIENT and fine!

I’ve been a doll owner since 2004

-S

Tychus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tychus »

I owned a genuine JY tpe doll several tpe toys and now a silicone Sanhui doll.
TPE always has that specific smell and it didn't subsided after months and several powderings. tpe just doesn't get better over the time. It starts leaking mineral oil again and again, it tears apart and its porous (hello germs).
Tpe is great as a starter for sex toy beginners.
After going silicone Sanhui I will never look back to TPE. TPE dolls feel unrealistic squishy to me. No bones and muscles in the arms and legs. The silicone I tried isn't harder than tpe but the foam core inside the doll isn't super soft. Silicone feels overall more realistic, durable and enjoyable for me.
And my silicone doll is 6 kgs lighter than a comparable tpe doll.

INFORMATIONS