sanhuiofficial.com

Is Silicone less durable than TPE ???

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Silicone is less durable than TPE !!! ???

Post by gonestill77 »

What the fuck? 8O
I can't believe they actually tell people that.
Very misleading to those who are new to this and don't know any better.

I have had my Sanhui silicone lady 4 years and she is my first doll and VERY durable.
She's like a little tank!
She took all my newbie errors in stride and has still managed to stay looking great.
She is very easy to maintain and repair.
Her mouth once tore a little from rough use, but it was an easy fix. Never know that it ever happened now.
Here is a pic of her from about a week ago....
20200416_004811-3600x2740-01.jpeg
20200416_004811-3600x2740-01.jpeg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 1465 times
She doesn't have a foam core like the newer Sanhui ladies so she weighs in at 60 pounds.
Most silicone ladies have foam cores now which reduces their weight compared to TPE dolls of similar size.

I have had experience with TPE. Helped repair quite a few of them. They are definitely not built as good as silicone ladies. And, are harder to repair and maintain compared to silicone. TPE irritates my skin as well, silicone does not.

Edit- Oh yeah! Forgot to mention the TPE ball problem. Most TPE dolls have a ball in their vaginal cavity that gets dislodged over time from cleaning and/or use which exposes the skeleton.
Silicone dolls are made/moulded differently and don't have a ball you have to worry about coming out. I can bang and clean my doll and never have to worry about this problem because it doesn't exist in silicone ladies.

A message from Eve....
20200409_233025-2740x3600-01.jpeg
20200409_233025-2740x3600-01.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 1462 times
"Hello everyone. Just want to say, go with silicone because we are built tough and durable.
I have been around 4 years, taken falls while standing, fallen off of beds and all kinds of shit, and I'm still here and still look great enough to keep on banging for years to come because nothing will ever fall out of my pussy and expose my skeleton and make me a prudish tease.
Whoever wrote that article obviously doesn't know what their talking about."

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Simply NOT True.

I suspect this is being put out in an effort to reinforce sales and as a marketing ploy.

I have 5 American made Smooth-On (brand of silicone) silicone dolls, ages 12, 9, 7, 6, 6 and all are still in Excellent flawless condition respectfully.

I have one Asian made which is definitely different but at 4 years old is in perfect condition.

Silicone dolls Do Not feel heavier, to the contrary, feel lighter even at the same weight due to them being more stable.

Silicone dolls do not exude anything and require no maintenance.

Silicone skin is easy to repair and does not break down over time.

I had a TPE doll and the quality was superb but it just wasn't for me..
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Is Silicone less durable than TPE ???

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I Changed the initial topic title to better reflect topic content, making it more a question than a declaration.

Me personally, well, I have shifted preference to silicone, so there is my answer, as I get disappointed and sad when I see my Tpe girls slowly breaking down over the years despite TLC and no actual physical use apart from an odd shift to repair or photo. When I also see a top brand tpe doll fall apart in 5 months merely from standing in the box position, well, that was it for me.

All my silicone girls in great shape, even the sanhui elf that got butchered by ABF customs mishandling, she was easily repairable.

Tpe makers need to go back to some older blends and suppliers, as my older tpe blend girls seem far more resilient than later generation ones.

(So my statements are based purely of my experiences, in my climate as standing artwork models and virtual groupies company. Others uses and experience may differ. The red one, well that's whole another story :whistle: )

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

siliconelover wrote:Total BS.

I suspect this is being put out in an effort to reinforce sales and as a marketing ploy.

I have 5 American made Smooth-On silicone dolls, ages 12, 9, 7, 6, 6 and all are still in Excellent flawless condition respectfully.

I have one Asian made which is definitely different but at 4 years old is in perfect condition.

Silicone dolls Do Not feel heavier, to the contrary, feel lighter even at the same weight due to them being more stable.

Yeah, I agree with you on this must be to reinforce their TPE doll sales.
Also the whole easier to move because more stable. TPE is not stable and very squishy which makes moving them a little more difficult becuase they feel so fragile. Silicone is more firm and solid where it should be and is easier to move around. You don't feel like your going to stretch or tear their skin when moving or posing.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

Though silicone dolls are more durable than TPE, there are still issues of delicacy that must be addressed. Placing a sock over the hands before dressing and gently rolling them off after for example. You wouldn't abuse a woman you love, so be kind and gentle with your doll.

Goblinkun

Post by Goblinkun »

I wish there was some kind of really in depth youtube love doll reviewer who would compare samples of silicone and tpe from different companies and perform scientific tests on them to determine the strengths and weaknesses of each specific company. I've seen this kind of thing done on channels reviewing swords and the like and even if you have no interest in them at first, you learn a little bit about why certain materials have this characteristic while others don't and eventually, you get interested. It would be very interesting and educational!

tpefan19
Ex-Member

Post by tpefan19 »

WaffleAnomaly wrote:The real question is why this topic is in the Sanhui forum :lol:
I thought about posting it in DS forum too (as I'm looking at both DS and Sanhui), but it seems Sanhui forum is more active.

Anung Un Rama wrote:I Changed the initial topic title to better reflect topic content, making it more a question than a declaration.
!!! ??? means surprised and questioning at the same time... not declaration, which would just be !!!

gonestill77 wrote:Oh yeah! Forgot to mention the TPE ball problem.
if you are referring to the TPE plug problem, one of my WM knockoffs had it... her replacement is holding up well for over a year so far... none of my D4E/Piper/DH168 have that problem though... knock on wood.
btw, is it possible that your Sanhui holds up well for 4 years despite accidents, rough uses and whatnots because she is all silicone? the foam core between the skeleton and silicone makes them lighter, but some owners are thinking it makes them less durable, easier to tear (inside the doll).

I was only questioning about durability, not all of the inherent characters of each, but I appreciate everybody's answers... on thing I didn't consider is some suppliers may be pushing certain products.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The robustness of each doll design can only be judged on time, stress and strain
TPE blends/formulations have been and will continue to be adjusted/modified so often that it practically impossible to compare, even from the same manufacturer.
Everyone wants to make a doll that feels human, usually at the cost of longevity

Silicone has a very stable base but:
https://lifewithoutplastic.com/silicone/
https://www.britannica.com/science/silicone
Not without some concerns in the long term risks

It is worth noting that silicone formulations have changed over the last few years to become more "flesh like" and that just adds to the complexity of comparison

An industrial chemical engineer might have some concept of what is involved and what the outcomes of each variation in formula might bring but for most of us, we pays our money and hope for a few years of joy with a product that is pretty good even if it isn't perfect :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

spider silk is almost as strong as Kevlar
Spider silk is also very elastic and capture silk (sticky silk for catching prey) remains unbroken after being stretched 2-4 times its original length
http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/spider/page2.htm
Don't hold your breath on this level of doll toughness anytime soon :)

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

gonestill77 wrote:Oh yeah! Forgot to mention the TPE ball problem.
if you are referring to the TPE plug problem, one of my WM knockoffs had it... her replacement is holding up well for over a year so far... none of my D4E/Piper/DH168 have that problem though... knock on wood.
btw, is it possible that your Sanhui holds up well for 4 years despite accidents, rough uses and whatnots because she is all silicone? the foam core between the skeleton and silicone makes them lighter, but some owners are thinking it makes them less durable, easier to tear (inside the doll).

I was only questioning about durability, not all of the inherent characters of each, but I appreciate everybody's answers... on thing I didn't consider is some suppliers may be pushing certain products.[/quote]

I used to have a DS 145+. All DS ladies have a foam core as far as I know. Before I had to sell her, the foam where her thigh joins with her torso tore. You could tell because there was a gap under the silicone and the silicone was thin because the foam underneath was torn and not there.
It was a pain in the ass to repair, but I was able to do it. Looked pretty good when I was done with it too. I had no problem selling her.
So, solid silicone is better than a foam core silicone in my opinion. Its just a bit heavier. As far as I know, JMdoll has no foam core. That is why their ladies are a little on the heavier side.

Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

There is a common theme emerging from all the discussions concerning doll improvements.
The efforts to produce dolls that are aesthetically nicer to touch or handle generally seem to result in more things loosening, breaking, tearing, deteriorating, etc.
And that does not include any AI challenges or proposed legislation to make dolls illegal (when somebody with a little authority gets upset)

tpefan19
Ex-Member

Post by tpefan19 »

Anung Un Rama wrote: When I also see a top brand tpe doll fall apart in 5 months merely from standing in the box position, well, that was it for me.
Well, this may not be a complete falling apart, but looks very severe after just 5 months of use for a doll that costs $2500 (2019 DS 145 EVO... I also posted it in DS forum, but got no respond the last time I checked)… I realize silicone is easy to repair, but wouldn't it keep on tearing at the same spot over and over?

This may be a deal breaker for me. I have put in an order for a DS 145 EVO, verified the options I wanted, and the next step is to make a deposit of 15%, so work can begin. I was about to, then came across this when searching for a little more info... Now I am thinking about canceling my DS order, and go with Sanhui, but that damned DS Ruby head (and those eyes) will haunt me if I don't get it.

Hoping I can get some honest responds from you and others here.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... t#p1626619
Attachments
NewFrontiers%20DS145plusEvo%20(5).JPG
NewFrontiers%20DS145plusEvo%20(5).JPG (358.86 KiB) Viewed 1347 times

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

Most of the tears on the non-evo 145 were at the top of the cavity iirc. Never seen a tear like that on a DS. I don't know if there are a ton of evo owners here that could help.

Maybe he tried to make the doll do a full split? That's def a no-no.

Could also be cleaning with something you aren't supposed to that weakened the materials, etc.

Re-tearing entirely depends on what caused it and how it's repaired.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

seagull wrote:There is a common theme emerging from all the discussions concerning doll improvements.
The efforts to produce dolls that are aesthetically nicer to touch or handle generally seem to result in more things loosening, breaking, tearing, deteriorating, etc.
And that does not include any AI challenges or proposed legislation to make dolls illegal (when somebody with a little authority gets upset)
I think this applies to my new (arrived in February) WM 172B. While her TPE feels very nice to the touch (the nicest of my current three in terms of its tactile qualities, the other two being a JY and a Sino), I question its long term durability, particularly its ability to resist tearing. Then there is the issue of loosening joints (which is something that seems to apply to all brands regardless of cost) and inconsistency of joint stiffness across different joints on the same doll.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Many dolls will be ok but it is a bit of a lottery as per tpefan19 post above as well as a number of other dolls that have had failures and had their cases posted in this forum

INFORMATIONS