Starpery.com

Heavy Girls need Lovin too

Got an idea? Need an invention?
N2L8tex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by N2L8tex »

This a fun site guys, wish I would have found it a year or so ago---I have stuffed a couple of vinyl dolls and Did a lot of trial and error. Many things I did, Some of you have mentioned in the forum--cool. Has any one ever wanted your doll to wiegh more. I have been thinking about doing another taxadermy project. Which is what led me here----researching which doll to buy next. I was leaning toward Aria Giovanni or Cassye Lane, but all this talk about Tera has me re-thinking my plans. My next project I am considering placing some sort of ballast inside the doll for a more realistic wieght. I find that I am constantly repositioning Alexa, or tring to get here to stay put. I think a ballast would hold the new doll in place better, plus it would be good for girl on top to feel the wieght, more realistic. Any of you ever do this? I not taling much wieght, only 25 to 50 pounds. Tera seems like a good girl to do this with. Fill the inner liner with the ballast material and stuff the outter liner. What do ya'll think?

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

Sounds interesting. The hard part I think will be finding something that has mass, yet is not too hard or heavy. A mixture od light and heavy materials may lead to the heavy stuff settling to the bottom.

I was doing some experiemtning in California at Mark's shop (Superbabe) where I mixed silicone with a water based 6 pound foam.

6 Pound foam means that one cubic foot weighs about 6 pounds. It is very firm. I mixed a 50/50 mixture of this and silicone just to see what would happen. It expanded to about 2/3 of it's normal volume... and weighed about 8 pounds per cubic foot. (give or take.)

Kinda interesting. Further experimentation may yeild what you are looking for. Wish I had more time to invest to help you.

Jerry

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Yeah, I put ballast in my dolls - it helps them to stand and sit more naturally, and makes them pose more naturally for photography.

Rachel & Claire

For ballast I buy soft exercise weights that are meant to strap round your wrists. Slit the fabric open and you get a couple pounds of tiny (<1mm diameter) iron pellets out of each one. I sew them up into socks then distribute them around the skeleton and foam inserts. Eg; a couple pounds at the center of each foam buttock, a couple more bound to each thigh bone with electrical tape, a pound or so bound to the lower legs, and around four pounds around the lower spine.

In addition to looking good, when you screw a doll that's been weighted like this, you can ram into her and she just stays put instead of scooting away from you.

How much weight you use is up to you, of course. I've found anything above 50lbs total weight for the doll starts to be inconvenient to carry around.

The skeleton itself, plus the foam and fiberfill weigh quite a bit too, of course - not all the weight is added artificially.

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
For ballast I buy soft exercise weights that are meant to strap round your wrists.
You may have hit on something... instead of slitting them... wrap them around the skeleton where you want the mass... or use duct tape to attach them.

Hummm.

Latexman
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Latexman »

a

Nada

Post by Nada »

... If you want to save a bit of money, then "Buck Shot" for shotguns, might be of use, here??? (For safety, ONLY, the steel versions should be considered.)

And then, again, steel-bearings for automobile and machine parts could be another source of very durable "ballist weight"???

But, that "sand idea" sounds like the BEST idea with an excellent, non-rusting and very flexable substance with absolutely NO iron-smell or rusting problems, later.

... Nada ...
(This idea of Weight or Ballist is, almost, FUNNY... There are lots of SLDs rushing to "take it OFF", while other dolls are REALLY needing to "put it,,, ON".)

And, ALL of these efforts seems to put the HVG (Hustler Virtual Girl with all of her faults), in a pretty good "Weight Class"... [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

N2L8tex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by N2L8tex »

I think I'll do this......I am going to dress my home made skeleton in a nylon bodystocking(perhaps two for strength) seal the wrist and ankles and fill it with my ballest material. I will most likely use rice or crushed shell like you find in neck support pillows. Seal the neck opening. At this piont I can use foam and polly fill to shape the body to the right proportions and then sqeeze everthing back into the lady's skin.

INFORMATIONS