www.siliconelovers.com

An astounding experience from start to end

Reviews on Silicone Lovers Sales and Services
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
FurryNeko
Active Poster
Active Poster

An astounding experience from start to end

Post by FurryNeko »

We'll start with the summary. Throughout the entire process, Silicone Lovers have been excellent in every way possible. From answering our questions to providing updates and even arranging expedited shipping, every email was answered quickly and professionally. We couldn't be happier with the service we received!

Ok, with that little summary done, onto the details!

We first contacted Silicone Lovers on the 27th April with a few preliminary questions. Our enquiry was handled quickly and expertly, with answers to everything we had asked. On the 29th April we decided to place an order for the following:
  • WM 166cm C-cup body in medium skin colour
  • 2x Head #266 with different eyes in each + the enhanced mouth
  • A new WM "just add water" insert
  • Flight case
  • Gel breast inserts
  • A few other miscellaneous accessories
Over the following 2 weeks we spoke with Lou a few times to see how things were progressing. Due to the increase in sales caused by the lock down, plus the 166 C-cup being the WM model most in demand, it took nearly a month for her to be produced. During this time we also discussed the possibility of expedited shipping to the UK, as most dolls from China were being sent via sea with an estimated delivery time of 4-6 weeks. On the 27th of May we received information that she had been produced and was undergoing QA and having her makeup done. The following day factory photos were delivered, which we eagerly accepted, and she was sent for dispatch to us! At this point I further confirmed with Lou that we wanted expedited shipping to the UK. This was arranged and I was told FedEx would contact me in due course to arrange payment of the import duty. Normal shipping would have this taken care of, but we were happy to pay the extra to cut down the time she was in transit.

On the 30th of May, she was collected by FedEx and began her brisk journey to the UK! She left China on the 2nd of June and arrived in Germany later the same day. I then received a phone call from FedEx who provided us with the documentation of the package and details of how to pay the import duty (which was paid immediately). The 3rd of June had her leave Germany, enjoy a brief stop-over in France, before landing in the UK at Stanstead airport that night. The package promptly entered Stansted customs and stopped in its tracks :( I spoke with FedEx on June 4th to make sure that everything was OK and was told that my payment had cleared but the customs team at Stanstead were both under-staffed due to COVID-19 and were running a bit behind. A little disappointed, we went back to waiting.

On the 6th of June the tracking updated to show she had cleared customs and had arrived at our local FedEx depot for delivery. Unfortunately due to it being a weekend, delivery wouldn't be made until Monday the 8th, argh!

However... This morning she arrived!

If we had any complain regarding the trip, it would be directed at the customs team at Stansted. The package was covered in "Inspected by HM Revenues & Customs" tape, showing it had clearly been opened. The additional foam padding used inside the flight case to protect her body had been removed for the inspection. It seems quite clear that customs officers must be truly terrible at Tetris, as everything they had inspected had just been put anywhere in the case, meaning things had moved around quite considerably. They had even inspected one of the heads, then didn't bother to put the mask back on to protect the eyelashes, nor re-seal the bag it was in! But I digress, this is a review for Silicone Lovers, not HM Revenue and Customs.

The additional flight case is of incredible quality and we're certain it played a large part in her arriving safely despite the interference from customs. If you are buying a doll, get the case, seriously! Yes it is heavy, but it feels like it would survive the end of the world!

After managing to move the 54KG parcel up to the second floor of the house (and taking a break to catch a breath), we opened the case and got a first good look at WM's craftsmanship.

Wow. Just wow.

We were blown away by the quality of her body; WM truly makes a beautiful doll! Despite the interference from customs, she was undamaged and just looked a little uncomfortable instead :P You could see everything had originally been packed well, with a lot of care and attention, to ensure a safe journey. Everything we ordered was accounted for, correct, and had arrived safely.

We will make a separate thread in due course about our journey together and what plans we have for the future, but for now we wanted to leave a review for everyone at Silicone Lovers who made this possible. If you are in the UK and are looking to purchase a doll, we couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, to everyone at Silicone Lovers <3
Simon & Kara
"Photons and force fields; flesh and blood – it’s all the same, as long as your feelings are real." - The Doctor, Star Trek: Voyager.

If you would like to know more about me, and my lovely wife Kara, you can read and follow our story by clicking here!

INFORMATIONS