sexyrealsexdolls.com

how to paint / stain / color a TPE doll?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: how to paint / stain / color a TPE doll?

Post by Wheezer »

Sounds very odd, but there are many different blends. Figure out what works best on your doll and let us all know the results.
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

Okay so what if we want to change the color of the entire doll? Like say if you wanted to modify for a fantasy doll. I am really interested in creating fantasy dolls, like fairies, demons, etc. I really wish I knew how to weld so I could modify the skeleton but alas that was not part of my masters program in college. LOL!
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Great idea about the oil mist!
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Great idea about the oil mist!
Thanks. I'm now testing some oil soluble dye solutions to see about actual dying of certain TPE parts to apply targeted color that will not wear off. Things like labia, vagina, nipple and tan line applications (among others). The goal is targeted color and possible mist applications. Even a light color in the mist for powder setting. Writing up some preliminary test results to post in a day or so. They will be in my 3M Primer/Cold Weld thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=131728
Cheers!
... W ..
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

muesky6969 wrote:Okay so what if we want to change the color of the entire doll? Like say if you wanted to modify for a fantasy doll. I am really interested in creating fantasy dolls, like fairies, demons, etc. I really wish I knew how to weld so I could modify the skeleton but alas that was not part of my masters program in college. LOL!
I should have a write up in a few days about results of oil based dye on TPE. When misted this would have the application to alter a doll to a fantasy color (blue, green. etc). Will be in my 3M 94 primer thread.

Cheers!
... W ...

bobbisox
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by bobbisox »

I got really good, long-lasting results doing my doll's eyebrows using Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer (eyeliner) in brown, so I thought maybe pink eyeliner would work on lips/nips, but it didn't. Maybe the formulation is too different from color to color. and brand to brand. Gonna try the Permatex with pink eyeshadow trick for lips next.

For nips I recently tried some magenta latex craft paint lightly sponged on with a qtip, and so far so good through a mild washing of that area. The paint doesn't look so bright in such a thin layer on a tan doll. I tried same method on lips but that's a very stretchy area where it easily cracked.

In case you're interested, here are links for eyebrow stuff below. I use a little mineral oil dabbed on area first if I'm going for a softer, lighter brown, and keep it dry for darker. It doesn't wipe off and has survived gentle washing. Even if the makeup does eventually fade, it's very easy to reapply. Other thing I like about this variety of stencils is how different ones dramatically change my doll's look. She can go from girl-next-door to glam in a couple of minutes.

Eyeliner for eyebrows (and for eyes, of course):
https://www.amazon.com/Rimmel-Exaggerat ... 915&sr=8-7

The eyebrow stencils:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BS ... UTF8&psc=1

tygerzen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by tygerzen »

muesky6969 wrote:Okay so what if we want to change the color of the entire doll? Like say if you wanted to modify for a fantasy doll. I am really interested in creating fantasy dolls, like fairies, demons, etc. I really wish I knew how to weld so I could modify the skeleton but alas that was not part of my masters program in college. LOL!
Any further news on changing the whole body's color? I'm getting my first doll in a bit and she's not the shade of green that was show on the webpage (after photoshopping the factory images, turns out the color difference is because of a cooling filter, so shes lacking in aqua/blue coloring). Could just be a lighting thing, and doesn't completely turn me off to her; but just in case i'd like to have the option.
As well as for any future doll I get that cant be or isn't as close to my desired complexion as I want/saw on the page.

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

tygerzen wrote:Any further news on changing the whole body's color? I'm getting my first doll in a bit and she's not the shade of green that was show on the webpage (after photoshopping the factory images, turns out the color difference is because of a cooling filter, so shes lacking in aqua/blue coloring). Could just be a lighting thing, and doesn't completely turn me off to her; but just in case i'd like to have the option.
As well as for any future doll I get that cant be or isn't as close to my desired complexion as I want/saw on the page.
So I have kind of figured out how to make TPE paste paint.. Basically I make a really thin TPE paste, then add powder pigment to it.. I don't know how well it will work over an entire body but if applied and set right it should just be part of the TPE.. I will know more soon, as I am am modifying a blue doll into an undine and I want to highlight the scales I am branding into her skin, which will be most of her body..

When I know more I will post..
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

I've been experimenting with using oil paints for face and body painting with fairly good results.
You are actually staining the TPE with the oil paint. You use very little. Blending can be done with baby oil and goofs removed the same way.
Once happy, heat set and it will not rub off. Good for various body parts.
You might consider it.

The items below are early tests, gotten better since then.
01-((01))(00-Red) - Copy.jpg
01-((01))(00-Red) - Copy.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 512 times
02-((01))(00-Black) - Copy.jpg
02-((01))(00-Black) - Copy.jpg (2.81 MiB) Viewed 512 times
03-((00))(00-Pink) - Copy.jpg
03-((00))(00-Pink) - Copy.jpg (3.25 MiB) Viewed 512 times
01.jpg
01.jpg (134.75 KiB) Viewed 512 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (193.2 KiB) Viewed 512 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yay! Wheezer is back :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Thanks ... since I came back I updated my tag line to warn those not to eat the yellow OR brown snow.
Cheers!
... W ...

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

Glossy lipstick works for lips amd can use it for pussy and nips too , the staining lasts for years depending on how long you let it sit on your dolls TPE.
Madeline New Yorker plum 400 does nice color.
Keep the lipstick off any teeth if your doll has the bunny teeth in her mouth.
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

Dollicious2
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Dollicious2 »

Wheezer wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:13 am I've been experimenting with using oil paints for face and body painting with fairly good results.
You are actually staining the TPE with the oil paint. You use very little. Blending can be done with baby oil and goofs removed the same way.
Once happy, heat set and it will not rub off. Good for various body parts.
You might consider it.

The items below are early tests, gotten better since then.

01-((01))(00-Red) - Copy.jpg
02-((01))(00-Black) - Copy.jpg
03-((00))(00-Pink) - Copy.jpg
01.jpg
03.jpg
That pussy is hot stuff.
Great job on that Wheezer.
Great looking pussy to start with helps too.
Got a link to them oil paints?
I want to try it on my older doll and see how she turns out on her pussy.
What you mean by heat set?
I will test it out on some TPE sample 1st.
Attachments
01.jpg
01.jpg (134.75 KiB) Viewed 491 times
viewtopic.php?t=104739
Jelina and Jelena 170cm C slim body twins.
DL2 Fashion Studio
viewtopic.php?t=116236
Olinka YL170 D
viewtopic.php?t=93693

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Thanks .... you can only make a yummy meal if you start with a good cut of meat :)
However, with the right ingredients you CAN turn ground beef into a very tasty meatloaf.

I'm writing up a longer post about the coloring and oil paints since it's a bit complicated.

Seems that "oil paints" are not all alike. By design they are SLOW drying items, different vendors use different coloring agents, also different carrier oils that impact the result and were never designed for TPE. Add to the mix that they are trying to make them "safer" and altering the carrier agents in lower cost paints, that most solvents used in this media don't play well with TPE and then add the ages and blends of TPE in the wild and it becomes a real hoot. SIGH Not like "baby oil" which (generally) is the same the world over.

If you want to play I would suggest setting a good tube of a reddish color you like, then gently rolling it on lightly. You are staining and coloring not painting with heavy layers. A heat gun at about 150C gently over the area to set it and play at that. A light mist of alcohol can also help drive the oils into the TPE when just done or still warm.

I'll post more later to make it simple for folks, like I did with the 3M stuff way back when.

Cheers!
... W ...

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

For a non permanent solution (semi-perm) then liquid make up will do wonders on TPE. Otherwise, mix some powedered make up with a little baby oil and use that. Both will stay on for a long time. Great for lips etc. I'd personally stay away from sharpy pens etc but that's me.

For silicone, nothing more than normal powdered makeup is required.

For a full application...such as a head...or a full body, that gets a little complicated but can be done so you go from this (Kimber doll for reference):

To this:

This is, I would say, in my experimentations...95% permanent. Unfortunately, due the nature of TPE nothing will ever be 100% but this is a close as you will ever get.

seagull wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:21 am Yay! Wheezer is back :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
So am I ;)

INFORMATIONS