www.wmdolls.com

Unpacking my 157B / #367

Reviews on WM Dolls Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
AtomicPunk

Unpacking my 157B / #367

Post by AtomicPunk »

The box arrived from UPS 42 days after placing my order with Silicone Lovers.

Overall the box was in pretty good shape, with only a 2 inch hole on the side.

I have to say that the packing was better than I had seen in previous reviews. There was a solid foam wrap around the entire interior. The heads were wearing not only a foam "mask" over the eyes, but wrapped in a soft sache as well. I initially freaked out that the neck was well bent forward, but it straightened out just fine.

WM provided a nice guide of the doll's skeleton and it's movements, and gave me a bit of confidence because I had no conception of the actual movements.

When removing the foam from her feet, her big toe nail fell off, thus my first "repair". I know that WM dolls are still fragile creations. There were a few tiny black spots on her right shin, and a 3 inch lined "scar" on her right hand. This feels very minor to me, and in some weird coincidence I have almost the exact same scar on my right hand from a childhood bike accident. Irregularities are part of the creation process and make our dolls unique.

I was able to partake in WM's promotion of the Cleaning Kit, which arrive with my Alita. I will review that process separately when the time comes. I appreciate the bonus, but I would hope that when it is offered "at cost", that it is packaged better in one concise box. Mine came with the unit and the tubes/wires in a bag. It would be nice to have had a box that contained all the Cleaning parts together.

The bonus outfit was simple and plain. I won't complain with all the added items thrown in from my vendor. WM also provided gloves, a wig comb (the best needed suprise of all) and plastic cleaning unit.

The skin surface over all was amazingly soft out of the box but with a slight film on the surface. There was a very light chemical smell to the TPE but greatly diminished after her first cleaning. Yes, they all recommend to clean your doll good when it arrives.
Attachments
body removed from box
body removed from box
IMG_20200817_160233953.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 2889 times
tiny leg spots
tiny leg spots
IMG_20200817_162909767.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2889 times
right hand "scar"
right hand "scar"
IMG_20200817_211520024.jpg (794.2 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
-- The AtomicPunk --
** Alita ** WM 157cm B - #368 || The Life of Alita (link) Alita's Instagram (link) || Visit LIFEOFALITA.COM (link) || Alita's YouTube (link)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Unpacking my 157B / #367

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there and congratulations on receiving your new gal. That line on her hand is a compression mark caused by a slight deformation of her hand, most likely during transit, I had a doll arrive with that exact same mark but its long since gone now. All you need to do is very carefully move her thumb back to its original position and the mark will gradually fade away. Do be careful when moving the thumb as it is particularly vulnerable to the wire breaking at the palm plate if too much force is applied. Those little black marks are a bit of a puzzle, not seen that myself, I would suspect something has come into contact and transferred some ink, dye or whatever, if that's the case they should just fade away in time, you could try wiping them with a bit of baby oil. The 157b is a great doll and if photography is your thing you will have a lot of fun I'm sure as she's light enough to move about and generally poses particularly well, especially if she has the latest enhanced skeleton with double hinged joints. Have fun!

INFORMATIONS