Starpery.com

What advice do you all have on re-sculpting a face

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: What advice do you all have on re-sculpting a face

Post by muesky6969 »

RevJack wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:29 am Morghana,
Referencing an earlier post and thought process about reducing weight. Specifically "I am also looking into finding a plastic manufacturer close to me to look into having a plastic hollow chest cavity made. There are a couple not far from me that does custom designs. So I guess I am going to start pushing towards getting that done. Since the next doll I order is going to be about 125lbs +, I need to get this figured out sooner then later. I figured If I can get his weight down by at least 25lbs, I can move that around. Still eyeing Xiel and Agares' guts. They might just get a plastic ball or something stuffed into them. LOL! Pretty much just need something that will hold its shape, handle the pressure of the TPE surrounding it and my fat butt, since I find myself laying half on them most of the time at night."

I had a thought (scary, I know). There are car jacks that are made of heavy duty air bags. "Air Bag Jacks" https://esco.net/product/esco-air-bag-jack-kit-10-lbs/
That are heavy duty, reinforced, air bags that don't change shape. "But Jack," you say "those are SO DAMN EXPENSIVE!"
Ah, but not for a seamstress like you. Sew a canvas bag in whatever shape or size you need. Chest shaped, belly shaped, a clever seamstress can make one that cradles a thigh bone. Now put a truck tire innertube into that bag and inflate it. Make it as hard or soft as you want, the canvas cover limits the size and shape.
This will not withstand a heavy pour - but it is an alternative for hollowing out chest cavities.

Just an thought worm for you. I'm going back to thinking about my breast reduction project now.

Reverend Jack.
Okay, so I ended up going a whole other way with the weight reduction, that you might want to consider. On eBay they sell high density foam.. With a respirator and a heated knife you can sculpt the foam into any shape you want. I bought my heated knife on Amazon for about $60 and the foam for what you are looking at will run you around $35-60..

Here is what is the hardest part about weight reduction.. Carving out the TPE in the body, cleanly and smoothly. A way to combat this is to cover the dense foam with a softer foam and cover that in cotton batting. That way if there are bumps and lumps on the carving out process it would be felt on the outside.. It is also going to be a trial and error with the size of the insert and how much to carve out of the doll. You are still going to want to keep the TPE about 1 1/2 inches thick so it doesn't split.. I also think that the dolls are going to need oiling a lot more often, as they won't have the oil from inside to pull from.

You are going to need some nylon mesh to bind the seams together, from the inside, with paste where you cut into the doll. The mesh will hold the sides together on the inside.. I am actually considering, when I have time to work on Cleo and another doll I have that needs a weight reduction, to sew a sleeve around the insert that will bind the whole thing to the chest cavity once covered with paste and inserted. This is going to have to be done in sections to give the paste time to dry.. You are looking at probably a few of weeks at least to do it right. Hence why I haven't gotten Cleo done yet..

At this time Xiel and Agares' guts are still intact.. I have heard from reliable sources that WM is working on weight reduction for their TPE dolls, and will possibly be offering reduced weight dolls by the end of the year. Once they have perfected the technique within a year or so the rest of the manufacturers will fall in line. I am waiting on that and I will order Agares a 175cm body for at home. Then I will take his 160 cm body and do a weight reduction, so he can travel with me.. Xiel is going to eventually get his weight reduced but I want more practice. It is much harder to work on dolls that you are attached to, and Goddess knows I love my guys.
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Doll owners, watch this space, it just gets better & better :)
The "harder to work on dolls that you are attached to" sentiment is so true :whistle:
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (102.48 KiB) Viewed 348 times
My current bed buddy :thumbs_up:

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Seagull, you deboned her completely?
Sheesh! Why?
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Wanted to see what was inside, then got used to a very soft and flexible doll
Octolady.jpg
Octolady.jpg (166.76 KiB) Viewed 331 times
Did get another but Octolady has grown on me :whistle:

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

So what are the chances of you gluing her wounds closed and having a super floppy fuck toy? You could pack her in a suitcase for travel. Wear her like a scarf.
Oh, I'm loving the possibilities.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

She's my bed buddy, very cooling in the hot weather, doesn't squeak, no finger pokes, and no skeleton to break
And wearing her like a scarf, only in bed :glou:

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

seagull wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:21 pm Doll owners, watch this space, it just gets better & better :)
The "harder to work on dolls that you are attached to" sentiment is so true :whistle:
Back.jpg
My current bed buddy :thumbs_up:
So... ah... What did you do with her skeleton?? You know, because I am definitely looking for doll skeletons.. :whistle: Sorry, I kinda of feel like a vulture circling.. :(
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Keep circling Morghana, when I get towards the end of my time here, I'll put it all up for sale :)
Unless a stroke or heart attack takes me out, in which case hopefully a family member will respect my wishes and put it all up for sale :whistle:

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

seagull wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:49 am Keep circling Morghana, when I get towards the end of my time here, I'll put it all up for sale :)
Unless a stroke or heart attack takes me out, in which case hopefully a family member will respect my wishes and put it all up for sale :whistle:
So this is something that has weighed on me from the beginning, and that is what happens to my dolls if and when something happens to me.. I think we all need to have plans.. It is the last thing we can do for our dolls to pay them back for what they have given us. My daughter already has detailed instructions what is to happen to all my dolls and she will do this for me. They are also in my will, along with my animals and farm.. I don't like to leave something as important as my dolls to chance..

If any of you need help figuring out how to set this up, feel free to contact me I can help walk you through how to make sure your dolls are taken care of.. For the record, this is not a plug for you all to send me your dolls.. Okay? Please do not do that to me.. But you can have your loved ones reach out to me and if I am still around, I will help them find homes for your doll/s..

jazzman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jazzman »

I wonder if this male head WM 183 fits on a HR doll as well? Anyone know???

muesky6969 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:05 pm Okay folks! I know I haven't posted here in a while, but am gearing up for a new project and need some advice. I have two male doll heads, a WM #183 and WM #78 (which is the same as Agares'). The plan is to modify them and sell em. They are both the dark tan color. I will post pictures. Both are going to get elf ears and horns, that is a given. The #183 head is going to get cheek implants to balance out that huge ass jawline of his. Initially I considered scraping out some of the tpe in the jawline to slim it down but I would have to remove the face entirely and I am not feeling it.

So here is what I am needing to get feed back on.
#183 head - Hair color (Wig), eyebrows and possibly goatee, which I am going to punch in. I am really want to go golden blonde/bleach blonde with him. I think with the dark skin and elf ears and maybe make gold colored horns, with green eyes. That maybe a done deal.. JS This is a big ole noggin so I am considering doing some kind of tribal or celtic tattoo in gold on the side of his face, which would go with the horns.
It is nicknamed Atlas because Fathead isn't really nice. LOL!!

#78 head - Hair color (Wig), eyebrows and possibly goatee, which I am going to punch in, as well. Here are two ideas I have so far but am open for suggestions. White hair, eyebrows (no goatee), with silver or gold horns. Red hair, eyebrows (may or may not have goatee) with black horns (maybe with red tips). Since I am pushing more for faye with this head I am not going to widen his jawline, but I could. That is actually one of the easier of the modifications. No facial tattoos but maybe some gauged earrings??

Does this sound like something anyone would want to purchase?

The ears and horn mounts are going to take a couple of weeks to get done. So I have a bit of time to order the hair and wigs, to make a decision. It is going to take a week for the magnets for the horns to get here, but I am going to start on the ears this weekend.

jazzman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jazzman »

Sculpting a face from beginning?. Has anyone sculpted their own dream face and had it cast in silicone by some company the way ordinary doll artists do? All those baby dolls are being sculpted in clay and then some other company is producing them so figure it should be the same for a head. Anyone know.???

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

jazzman wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:39 pm Sculpting a face from beginning?. Has anyone sculpted their own dream face and had it cast in silicone by some company the way ordinary doll artists do? All those baby dolls are being sculpted in clay and then some other company is producing them so figure it should be the same for a head. Anyone know.???
This maybe what I do with Ebon's head once I get the modifications done, so it will match the muscle suit, hands and feet. Which are all black silicone. That way the will be continuity throughout the doll. The silicone isn't the soft stuff, but I don't mind. Especially, as it will last longer. I am learning how to work with silicone, as well as tpe, to give me more options when working with dolls.

INFORMATIONS