Starpery.com

Slight scratch/hole in TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
thepride724
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Slight scratch/hole in TPE

Post by thepride724 »

I was getting carried away with taking pictures of my new doll, and while trying to get her in a standing pose I struggled a little bit, unknowingly causing a slight tear/hole in the TPE around her left knee. I have some TPE glue for a previous doll I bought, but want to find someone who has experienced this type of “injury” to their doll and the best way to remedy it. I have included a picture so you can see. As you get towards the end, that’s where the small hole is.
Attachments
223D7824-3DB3-43D7-AD1B-E5CC9B12F5E4.jpeg
223D7824-3DB3-43D7-AD1B-E5CC9B12F5E4.jpeg (2.89 MiB) Viewed 373 times
Fantasy is just the reality you wish you had.

Layla's Thread

Layla's Instagram

Shanna & Shannon’s Instagram

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Slight scratch/hole in TPE

Post by Wheezer »

There have been some good results using 3M 94 primer to weld TPE and to make paste for other repairs.
That or perhaps a heat gun might work.
You can see the info and such about the 3M primer HERE (viewtopic.php?f=229&t=131728)
It's a long thread but lots of repair info.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Slight scratch/hole in TPE

Post by Arthur1960 »

I would echo what Wheezer just said, if that graze has any depth to it then I would hold it open and coat the inner surface with a little 3m Primer 94, let it close and leave for several hours, then finish off with some heat. However if it's as shallow as it looks I would probably just use my hot air rework station to smooth it off having first applied baby oil to the area, applying some gentle pressure with a piece of oiled, lint free cloth, or fine wet&dry paper, this would give a good finish.

INFORMATIONS