teddy-babes.com

My Teddybabes experience: an honest review

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
retazo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

My Teddybabes experience: an honest review

Post by retazo »

So I haven’t posted on this forum for some time, but I felt that I should share my experience ordering and receiving my Akiko Deluxe Teddy Babe a couple of weeks ago. First of all, I’m still a doll novice but I have in the past owned a 130cm anime fabric doll and a couple of smaller TPE dolls.

The speed at which TB sent me this doll was astounding! It was so quick (about 2 days) that I wasn’t fully prepared to receive her, so she had to stay in her box for a couple of days, which was... torturous. Anyway, I opened the box and everything was packed well, and the doll is beautiful. Truly, the photos don’t do it justice, IMO. I was immediately happy with the quality of the doll. Unfortunately the silicone inserts that I bought were completely useless and they were a total ripoff. If this weren’t 2020 and we in the US didn’t have much bigger things to worry about, I might’ve sought to return them, but really life is too short.

Which brings me to the reason I’m going through the trouble to write this review: when I read people here saying how soft the TB is, what I think they mean is her skin is extremely soft to the touch, and it most certainly is. But what I was confused about is the TB is not terribly soft to squeeze, certainly not any more so than my anime doll. She is rather rigid. I wish at least her torpedo tits were softer.

I’m still standing behind the overall experience of my TB but I just wanted to clarify in case someone else was imagining the same thing I was.

And. Don’t. Buy. The. Shitty. Inserts.

Shitty inserts aside, I give my TB an 8 out of 10
Stay safe and stay well.

Doll Gamer

Re: My Teddybabes experience: an honest review

Post by Doll Gamer »

retazo wrote:So I haven’t posted on this forum for some time, but I felt that I should share my experience ordering and receiving my Akiko Deluxe Teddy Babe a couple of weeks ago. First of all, I’m still a doll novice but I have in the past owned a 130cm anime fabric doll and a couple of smaller TPE dolls.

The speed at which TB sent me this doll was astounding! It was so quick (about 2 days) that I wasn’t fully prepared to receive her, so she had to stay in her box for a couple of days, which was... torturous. Anyway, I opened the box and everything was packed well, and the doll is beautiful. Truly, the photos don’t do it justice, IMO. I was immediately happy with the quality of the doll. Unfortunately the silicone inserts that I bought were completely useless and they were a total ripoff. If this weren’t 2020 and we in the US didn’t have much bigger things to worry about, I might’ve sought to return them, but really life is too short.

Which brings me to the reason I’m going through the trouble to write this review: when I read people here saying how soft the TB is, what I think they mean is her skin is extremely soft to the touch, and it most certainly is. But what I was confused about is the TB is not terribly soft to squeeze, certainly not any more so than my anime doll. She is rather rigid. I wish at least her torpedo tits were softer.

I’m still standing behind the overall experience of my TB but I just wanted to clarify in case someone else was imagining the same thing I was.

Stay safe and stay well.
Just curious, how is her butt? I've seen some pics of some of the newer teddy babes completely lacking one at all and having these 'seams' where the hips move. That said, I'm not sure if the pics I saw were of the 2020 deluxe models or the ultra models, so yeah, just curious whether or not she's got a nice butt :oops:
Doll Gamer's Menagerie:

Alley, Valentina Girls Cat Girl
Belle, Valentina Girls Cow Girl
Godiva, Valentina Girls Bunny Girl (coming soon)
Portia, Valentina Girls BBW Pig
Luna, Valentina Girls Bat Girl (coming soon)
Ivory, Valentina Girls SSBBW Elephant (coming soon)

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

I understand the confusion, honestly i bought my teddybabe to cuddle with. Which is warm and sort of soft. But squeezing is indeed a different story, the skin is soft but thats all. Personally i like the firmer body as in a way it gives me more to feeling it is a real girl and not a very soft squeeze-able toy.

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

Many thanks for your review. I have one more question.
As far as I have noticed, the same technique was used for the hip joints as for the shoulder joints. This should be 2 hoop slices connected with a string.
Can you feel that when you lie on them?

It would be nice if you could take some pictures. So far, I have only seen Diana's in the new form.

Thanks
Wolferich
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

Kudos on your purchase! :glou:

I've been following ideas about inserts for ages, and have seen recommendations over the years based on size and material. The one I remember getting talked about more positively was called a"Lilith Uterus", which comes in three firmness levels and can be "trimmed" to fit just fine.

As for the softness, this was news to me. I know the older models earned that reputation here, and I just assumed that was the case with the newer ones. As someone else pointed out, I'm curious about how those new legs are working out. I can't say I'm fond of how much more 'mannequin-ish" they look in pictures, but some prefer function over form, so that's obviously a matter of personal taste.

Appreciate the share here. It's people like you that really help out and make this forum so helpful.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

It should be noted that they will get WAY softer with time. When I first got Audrey way back in 2016 I too was surprised with how firm she was. Over time she got much softer and way more flexible. I think it has to be that way or else if they came softer they'd end up too floppy over time and you'd feel her wires more. Through the normal course of cuddling and moving her around (not to mention banging her) she'll naturally soften up a lot. That being said, she's an "old" Teddy Babe. If you refer the new hip joints I don't have any experience with those.

I haven't heard much good about those inserts so I never tired one. By the time they came out she already had quite a collection of them anyway, lol.

homersexual wrote:I've been following ideas about inserts for ages, and have seen recommendations over the years based on size and material. The one I remember getting talked about more positively was called a"Lilith Uterus", which comes in three firmness levels and can be "trimmed" to fit just fine.

Yeah, I remember people really bragging that one up too so I got one of the "soft" ones. It doesn't get used as much as some of the others because you really have to wrangle it in there as it just barely fits (in fact it still sticks out a little bit, but that doesn't really bother me) although I never tried trimming it either so maybe that was the problem. It is a pretty good one though if you can stuff it in her.

IJC64
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

My Teddybabes experience: an unfortunate purchase

Post by IJC64 »

Hello everyone, my first posting on this excellent forum.
Received delivery of my TeddyBabes Ultra Robyn from CC this week (2 day delivery from within UK).
Unlike another doll recently purchased from SL (some 41kg), which due to my disability / illness I have been unable to unbox for almost a month now; I thought after finding the TeddyBabes range, the weight, above all else would suit my needs better, at only about 15kg (19 boxed), now with a more realistic face and the easy ability to clean (if required), would be a nice almost real size 'doll' to hold at night, to help me sleep...

Okay, unboxed without too much effort, well packaged.
She was ready to use, in some nice lingerie, even the hair looked/felt nice.
The joints, of those I moved, felt easy to move, though the fingers did look a bit alien!

But that's as far as it goes for me, sorry, but not for me, covered my weight / movability issues, but her general full size, rather than an smaller, colder, heavy TPE dolls available from many vendors (at a similar price!), for more realism is going to me the better option in the future for me.

Please, don't take any criticism of this doll from the above, the style / size is just not for me, my taste.

Thank for reading, Iplan to sell her, watch out for a thread when I am ready to post in the sales section, I hope that there's perhaps some interest.
Unfortunately, no returns possible to the seller...

Best Wishes
Ian
Last edited by brigittes hubbie on Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sale offer edited

IJC64
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: My Teddybabes experience: an unfortunate purchase

Post by IJC64 »

To who has sent me a Private message.
Sorry, but as of this morning, with just my 5th message posted to the forum, I don't have access to reply to you directly, yet!
But to answer your question, yes

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: My Teddybabes experience: an unfortunate purchase

Post by Bunnyboybob »

IJC64 wrote:Hello everyone, my first posting on this excellent forum.
Received delivery of my TeddyBabes Ultra Robyn from CC this week (2 day delivery from within UK).
Unlike another doll recently purchased from SL (some 41kg), which due to my disability / illness I have been unable to unbox for almost a month now; I thought after finding the TeddyBabes range, the weight, above all else would suit my needs better, at only about 15kg (19 boxed), now with a more realistic face and the easy ability to clean (if required), would be a nice almost real size 'doll' to hold at night, to help me sleep...

Okay, unboxed without too much effort, well packaged.
She was ready to use, in some nice lingerie, even the hair looked/felt nice.
The joints, of those I moved, felt easy to move, though the fingers did look a bit alien!

But that's as far as it goes for me, sorry, but not for me, covered my weight / movability issues, but her general full size, rather than an smaller, colder, heavy TPE dolls available from many vendors (at a similar price!), for more realism is going to me the better option in the future for me.

Please, don't take any criticism of this doll from the above, the style / size is just not for me, my taste.

Thank for reading, Iplan to sell her, watch out for a thread when I am ready to post in the sales section, I hope that there's perhaps some interest.
Unfortunately, no returns possible to the seller...

Best Wishes
Ian

Did you get my pm msg Ian?
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

Wlowe1
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Wlowe1 »

retazo wrote:So I haven’t posted on this forum for some time, but I felt that I should share my experience ordering and receiving my Akiko Deluxe Teddy Babe a couple of weeks ago. First of all, I’m still a doll novice but I have in the past owned a 130cm anime fabric doll and a couple of smaller TPE dolls.

Stay safe and stay well.
I got a tb deluxe when they first came out. She was as hard as a rock! No joke. Is that your impression too?

Wlowe1

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

To Bunnyboybob: "now with a more realistic face and the easy ability to clean". Cordelia says: we are realistic. What would you improve? To clean? Be more careful, keep us clean. Yes, the TB insert is useless. It is for short pencil peckers.
Attachments
Cordelia and Jasmine.JPG
Cordelia and Jasmine.JPG (151.68 KiB) Viewed 1057 times

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Missionary wrote:To Bunnyboybob: "now with a more realistic face and the easy ability to clean". Cordelia says: we are realistic. What would you improve? To clean? Be more careful, keep us clean. Yes, the TB insert is useless. It is for short pencil peckers.
Sorry Missionary, I don't understand what you mean? Can you enlighten me please as I am miffed????????

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

retazo wrote:And. Don’t. Buy. The. Shitty. Inserts.
ROFL! Man I wish I'd read this before I paid for a shitty insert. £55 it cost me for the vagina insert (very glad I didn't buy the anal insert too). I've not put it in the bin yet, but that's its destiny! :)

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Well, I must be the exception to the rule. I've even sculpted labia onto the silicon vaginal insert, complete with colour added to the Permatex. Looks great. Feels great. Makes a nice sex sound too, complete with the odd fanny fart.
I just tell her not to worry it's just her arse getting jealous. :haha4:
But I agree the anal one is tight, but hey (like myself and some of the RG's in my life), that's the way we sometimes like it. I've even coloured that one brown, accordingly.
They've certainly earnt their brown wings.

INFORMATIONS