reallovesexdolls.com

New Doll Skin Tear on Foot

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
rjs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

New Doll Skin Tear on Foot

Post by rjs »

I just got my doll a few days ago, and I am glad I went with RLSD. Great customer service and all. I unpacked her and everything turned out great for the most part. I just have a little minor issue. I took the packaging off of the feed and I noticed that there is about a 1.5 cm tear in the bottom of the foot. I guess this must have happened during shipping. It is barely even noticeable unless you look for it and open it. My question is how easy is this to repair? It's like a little line running in the skin 1.5 cm long. I am not sure how deep it is though. If I open it to put the glue or solvent is the TPE material going to quickly rip and spread further up or down, or is a tear isolated and stops unless you purposely try and tear it further? I am not sure if we can ship it back for repair, but I would rather avoid the hassle and fix it myself if it can easily be done because it's right on the top of the foot and everything else is great.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: New Doll Skin Tear on Foot

Post by seagull »

there is about a 1.5 cm tear in the bottom of the foot. It is barely even noticeable unless you look for it and open it

This type of tear responds to Indigos CWA, 3M 94 Primer or 3M VHB Tape Universal Primer UV
Indigo will have detailed instructions on how to apply the CWA
The two 3M products require the wound to be cleaned with Isopropyl alcohol, dried, open the wound enough to get a toothpick in there to paint both sides with a 3M product, let the wound close naturally
Should be fine the next day

The difference between 3M 94 Primer and 3M VHB Tape Universal Primer UV is:
toxicity is greater in the 94 Primer and less aggressive with some TPE
very safe to handle and has a UV component in the 3M VHB that will glow under a black light
All TPE adhesives should first be tested on the top of the neck to check for any aggressive reaction

muesky6969 discovered that exposing VHB to sunlight reduces the glow effect :whistle:

rjs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rjs »

seagull wrote:there is about a 1.5 cm tear in the bottom of the foot. It is barely even noticeable unless you look for it and open it

This type of tear responds to Indigos CWA, 3M 94 Primer or 3M VHB Tape Universal Primer UV
Indigo will have detailed instructions on how to apply the CWA
The two 3M products require the wound to be cleaned with Isopropyl alcohol, dried, open the wound enough to get a toothpick in there to paint both sides with a 3M product, let the wound close naturally
Should be fine the next day

The difference between 3M 94 Primer and 3M VHB Tape Universal Primer UV is:
toxicity is greater in the 94 Primer and less aggressive with some TPE
very safe to handle and has a UV component in the 3M VHB that will glow under a black light
All TPE adhesives should first be tested on the top of the neck to check for any aggressive reaction

muesky6969 discovered that exposing VHB to sunlight reduces the glow effect :whistle:
Thanks for the advice, seagull. In regards to the actual tear, will the material split/tear further easily when opening to fix? This is my first doll and I don't really know much about the TPE material. Aftr discovering the tear and opening it a little I haven't touched it since and jsut put a sock on the foot.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, like seagull said the 3m Primer 94 will fix this, I've done several such minor repairs with it and all have held. The stuff is relatively cheap (around £5 for a 10ml bottle in the UK) and is much easier to use than tpe solvent which can make things worse if you are not careful. Member Wheezer has a very informative thread about it.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Post subject: Re: 3M 94 Primer – Application as a TPE Glue / Cold Weld
Starts around page 4 TPE Paste – Initial Trials
viewtopic.php?p=1771291#p1771291

rjs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rjs »

Thanks for the tips and advice guys. I just have another quick question. I have the non-standing feet for the doll. Is it safe to stand her up on a soft surface such as placing a thick soft blanket on the ground. If so, how long?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

My dolls are non standing but spend a few minutes standing propped up against the wall every now and again
The full doll weight on non standing feet can easily split the foot material

So you are correct in planning on using a thick soft blanket or similar
Sneakers can provide a bit of support but I prefer socked feet, cuter but extra care needed :)

rjs
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rjs »

seagull wrote:My dolls are non standing but spend a few minutes standing propped up against the wall every now and again
The full doll weight on non standing feet can easily split the foot material

So you are correct in planning on using a thick soft blanket or similar
Sneakers can provide a bit of support but I prefer socked feet, cuter but extra care needed :)
Thanks for the information, Seagull. I just have another quick question. Is it safe to leave her on her side putting weight on one of her legs and one of her arms for a few hours at a time? She will be staying in the bed all the time, so to help avoid flattening the butt, I am currently turning her on both of her sides a couple of hours a day per side. She is on two soft blankets, the top one being light-colored and fluffy which came with the doll, and she is also on a soft mattress.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

I have left my doll on her back for days at a time but adjusting the position daily can only do good, if you're mindful of being careful with the fingers :)

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

seagull wrote:I have left my doll on her back for days at a time but adjusting the position daily can only do good, if you're mindful of being careful with the fingers :)
Yes, and be watchful of her eye lashes that can easy get lose or separated.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Finding eyelashes in bed in the middle of the night is a bit unsettling for old eyes that are easily fooled into seeing creepy crawlies :whistle:

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

seagull wrote:Finding eyelashes in bed in the middle of the night is a bit unsettling for old eyes that are easily fooled into seeing creepy crawlies :whistle:
Sounds like the voice of experience. :mrgreen:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yup :haha4:

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

My middle brother had a battery operated hand from the wrist down and the fingers would walk when it was turned on. He found me asleep one night and snicked in my bedroom and put that thing under the cover. I awoke feeling something on my leg, threw back the covers and saw it. You could have scrapped me off the ceiling trying to get away from it!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Is your middle brother still breathing? or did someone stuff the hand down his throat :)

INFORMATIONS