AF Doll

Loose spine anyone?

AF Doll is one of the biggest and professional TPE love doll manufacturers from China since 2011. Our factory is located in Dongguan City and covers an area of more than 9,000 square meters. We strive to improve and innovate high quality TPE love dolls. The TPE materials that we use have the following characteristics: no smell,environmental, long-range elasticity,human-like skin,etc. With introduced advanced technology and imported equipment,AF doll continues to provide the most lifelike love dolls at affordable prices to customers all over the world. Website: www.afdoll.net
LatexLadyLover

Loose spine anyone?

Post by LatexLadyLover »

I have a 2018 158cm Ava Doll. I don't like her loose spine. Her back is really easy to bend forward and back. Not like WM dolls which is super tight so the back stays arched when she's on her back and you bend her legs up. Is AF known for the loose spine in all their dolls? I would like to know. Thanks.

Mreman72

Re: Loose spine anyone?

Post by Mreman72 »

I have an AF 148cm doll and the left shoulder joint is so stiff it's hard to raise her arm but the left hip joint is so loose the leg will fall on it's own. No problem with the spine and other joints are reasonably stiff to hold in place.
YL141 Kylie, shared with Uma, WM#173
Starpery 151 Rong, shared with Starpery Bing Bing
DS 145+ April
CST 150 Ada, #C04 shared with Allison, #C10

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Always refer back to this quote:
XYcolo We make dolls, not precision instruments

The only way to ensure all joints are tensioned to your satisfaction is to open the doll up and do some mechanical fine tuning :)

LatexLadyLover

Post by LatexLadyLover »

It seems that the joints on this brand are not consistent. I think WM is best. No falling down limbs. If I pose my WM she stays there. I'm seriously thinking about replacing my AF. I really can't stand the way her back curls forward too easily. I have my eye on the YL Dolls 166cm j-cup. that is one hot doll and she came come with Shrugging and Evo double jointed knees and elbows skeleton. AF is good but there are now more advanced skeleton designs out there.

LatexLadyLover

Post by LatexLadyLover »

As far as fine tuning. Aren't all the bolts welded in place and then wrapped in cloth? Seems like a hard thing to do but not impossible.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Welded bolts are tack welded, can be broken with brute impact force, a file or Dremel.
The latter 2 are a bit messy with the risk of metal dust getting into the doll material.
Then there is the tensioning, not the easiest operation, Loctite and closing the wound with CWA or one of the 3M products.
Anyone with some experience will find this doable, for many it will be well outside their comfort zone.
Have not seen many comments about the more expensive models having issues with joint tensioning :)

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Latexladylover, Jinsan aren't infallible. My YL's left arm became loose shortly after purchase and I've seen this complaint from others.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

ZZ48UUP wrote:Latexladylover, Jinsan aren't infallible. My YL's left arm became loose shortly after purchase and I've seen this complaint from others.
My WM172B’s joints do not have consistent stiffness. One hip joint loosened up quite soon after she arrived last February, as did one wrist joint. One elbow is much easier to move than the other and her left ankle rotates freely. I have three JY dolls (Aiersha, the parent company, also has AF and AS) and I see absolutely nothing to convince me that WM has the better skeleton.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

"joints do not have consistent stiffness"
All indications of hand assembly, these are a lot of small businesses that may or may not grow to the scale of assembly line manufacturing
Until then, there will always be variation :)

LatexLadyLover

Post by LatexLadyLover »

I've read here someplace that it's called the "Skeleton Lottery". You just don't know what you'll get.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Most times the skeleton is good, just not every skeleton :(

I like blondes

Post by I like blondes »

My AF doll has a loose left leg & loose right arm. It's irritating but I make it work.
A N G E L / F A L L E N

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
A flexi back joint is actually an easy fix
Feel to see if there is any tape around the joint
Chances are there is not
Can you feel the joint?
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

LatexLadyLover

Post by LatexLadyLover »

I cut her back open and it is taped. Hard to remove and the nut is welded. I had this WM 158d and she is still tight and good. The spine is super tight. Are WM dolls this good or did I just get lucky? How is the YL 166cm j-cup? Tight spine? I like the tight spine because it keeps that nice arch in her back when her legs are raised up while laying on her back.
Attachments
IMG_20170620_140822931.jpg
IMG_20170620_140822931.jpg (28.09 KiB) Viewed 2229 times

LatexLadyLover

Post by LatexLadyLover »

The girl above in Black sitting on the Bathroom sink is my WM 158cm d-cup in Pink skin tone that I've had since 2016. Nice tight joints still.

INFORMATIONS