www.the-doll-house.com

FedEx now have dolls on a prohibited items list for the UK

The-Doll-House is a UK retailer of Premium quality, photorealistic, kinaesthetically convincing, high-end, luxury Silicone and TPE Sex/Love dolls, delivered to all Continents. All responsibility for EU Import Duty and Customs & Excise costs are assumed by The-Doll-House. No hidden costs incurred with purchases from The-Doll-House. Some of the best UK Sex Doll prices can be found at The-Doll-House. We are waiting for you!
Celtic_Babog
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: FedEx now have dolls on a prohibited items list for the

Post by Celtic_Babog »

bigchilli wrote:Either way it's depressing
I was just about to pull the trigger on an ebony beauty too :(
Just use UPS. They are still delivering dolls. One as recent as the 30th of March in the UK.
I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realise, its a fucking comedy 🥲

👉 Review of Irontech 160cm silicone doll.👈

Trigger D

Post by Trigger D »

This could turn out to be a bit of a bummer for me too because, as I mentioned on another thread a little while ago, I'd like to buy another 5 dolls.

I'm past the planning stage because I know for definite what brand, heads and body combinations etc I want them to be, I just need the money now.

After reading this thread I'm a bit concerned over possible outcomes as anything could happen in the time it will take for me to save up the money.

Should I go ahead, tread carefully and expect a few delays during shipping or should I just stop now and save my money and the potential heartache?
Consistency is key

When one opportunity slams shut in your face another opens wide

My lovely ladies:
Jenna - WM 160cm D cup Head 241
Her younger sister, Natasha - WM 166cm C cup head 242
Her older sister, Sarah - WM 166cm C cup head 273
Nicola - WM 172cm B cup head 405
Jessica -WM 163cm C cup head 253
Scarlett - WM 162cm B cup head 227
Chelsea - WM 172cm D cup head 266
Megan - WM 164cm D cup head 47
Naomi - WM 162cm E cup head 273
Alicia - WM 168cm E cup head 233

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, if you're in the UK then your best bet is to go through one of our approved vendors who will be using another carrier for delivery. I've a gal just about to leave China and she will be going onto the vendor first before heading out to me, this particular vendor also offers a personal delivery service within the UK using their own vehicle so FedEx are out of the equation completely!

Celtic_Babog
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Celtic_Babog »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, if you're in the UK then your best bet is to go through one of our approved vendors who will be using another carrier for delivery. I've a gal just about to leave China and she will be going onto the vendor first before heading out to me, this particular vendor also offers a personal delivery service within the UK using their own vehicle so FedEx are out of the equation completely!
The doll still has to make it through Stansted FedEx, that's where the problem lays. Doesn't matter if your vendor has a private van or not, if it doesn't get past Stansted.
I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realise, its a fucking comedy 🥲

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Celtic_Babog wrote:
Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, if you're in the UK then your best bet is to go through one of our approved vendors who will be using another carrier for delivery. I've a gal just about to leave China and she will be going onto the vendor first before heading out to me, this particular vendor also offers a personal delivery service within the UK using their own vehicle so FedEx are out of the equation completely!
The doll still has to make it through Stansted FedEx, that's where the problem lays. Doesn't matter if your vendor has a private van or not, if it doesn't get past Stansted.
Well yes of course if you or your vendor have used FedEx, my point was that this is not an issue so far with any of the other shipping companies.
To clarify, FedEx would appear, for whatever reason, to have stopped shipping dolls to the UK. At Stanstead Airport Border Force may intercept a package for inspection but normally a shipper will be ensuring correct import duties and VAT are paid and if there is an issue there then they will hold onto a package and not release it until this is paid. Vendors will usually sort these payments out for you and so, your package should, all being well, go through the system unhindered. Obviously FedEx appear to have made a decision re the UK but they wouldn't have anything to do with any package a vendor was bringing into the UK via UPS or DPD etc. So to go back to my point, the vendor I mentioned earlier isn't using FedEx to bring dolls into the UK so they will get delivered to their premises first and then onto his customers. Hope that clarifies what I meant.

Celtic_Babog
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Celtic_Babog »

Arthur1960 wrote:
Celtic_Babog wrote:
Well yes of course if you or your vendor have used FedEx, my point was that this is not an issue so far with any of the other shipping companies.
To clarify, FedEx would appear, for whatever reason, to have stopped shipping dolls to the UK. At Stanstead Airport Border Force may intercept a package for inspection but normally a shipper will be ensuring correct import duties and VAT are paid and if there is an issue there then they will hold onto a package and not release it until this is paid. Vendors will usually sort these payments out for you and so, your package should, all being well, go through the system unhindered. Obviously FedEx appear to have made a decision re the UK but they wouldn't have anything to do with any package a vendor was bringing into the UK via UPS or DPD etc. So to go back to my point, the vendor I mentioned earlier isn't using FedEx to bring dolls into the UK so they will get delivered to their premises first and then onto his customers. Hope that clarifies what I meant.
Sure, but we're talking about FedEx stopping deliveries, in a thread titled as such.

Also DPD do not ship parcels of that size.

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Celtic_Babog wrote: Sure, but we're talking about FedEx stopping deliveries, in a thread titled as such.

Also DPD do not ship parcels of that size.
I think they might, actually.

I don't actually see the Fedex issue being such a great deal - there will always be other services, other ways. I think the vendor in the UK Arthur is talking about is the same one I use and I anticipate no issues buying through him.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

While DPD have their 30kg limit they will ship doll heads no problems, I've had several sent to me directly from China via DPD. The UK vendor I mentioned earlier uses UPS, the relevance of this in a thread about issues with FedEx is to reassure folk here in the UK that it isn't all doom and gloom. Of course I'm sorry if you have a problem with FedEx but they are just one carrier and UK vendors are getting our orders into the UK although the process is taking a little longer due to the complications of the pandemic.

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Celtic_Babog wrote: Sure, but we're talking about FedEx stopping deliveries, in a thread titled as such.
:lol: You brought a smile to my face there, in what is otherwise a serious and somewhat depressing subject for us. There's always room for a little laughter. :thumbs_up:

Sum_guy

Post by Sum_guy »

If fedex were refusing to ship dolls because of the weight or size of the packages, wouldn't it have been easier to say we will not ship packages bigger than X size or that weigh more than X amount? I dunno, while that may be a part of the reason, I think there's more to it since they specifically banned sex dolls not just large or heavy packages.

The-Doll-House
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by The-Doll-House »

This is all very well to say that "other vendors use other couriers"
Would you rather I did just that, and mentioned nothing here?

If Paul at Cloud Climax wants to have dolls delivered in a personal vehicle, this has nothing to do with the point at hand.
FedEx, and thus recently acquired TNT, are banning the transportation of life sized anatomically accurate mannequins.
This is the point, and DHL did the same about 18 months ago, so if UPS do the same, then what are your vendors going to do then?

I suggest, that should this happen, then (being the vendor closest to Dover) I should set up a French company in Calais, and use a van to ship the dolls into the UK from France, then we could operate as normal.
The alternative would be to have everything sea shipped, which is viable, but much slower.

I am open to all other suggestions though, so if anyone has any thoughts, I am all ears :)
Kind Regards,

Phil

The-Doll-House
https://www.the-doll-house.com
Buy Sex Dolls, Beautiful Full-Size & Fully Move-able, Just For You!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Awww :)

ancient

Post by ancient »

The-Doll-House wrote:This is all very well to say that "other vendors use other couriers"
Would you rather I did just that, and mentioned nothing here?

If Paul at Cloud Climax wants to have dolls delivered in a personal vehicle, this has nothing to do with the point at hand.
FedEx, and thus recently acquired TNT, are banning the transportation of life sized anatomically accurate mannequins.
This is the point, and DHL did the same about 18 months ago, so if UPS do the same, then what are your vendors going to do then?

I suggest, that should this happen, then (being the vendor closest to Dover) I should set up a French company in Calais, and use a van to ship the dolls into the UK from France, then we could operate as normal.
The alternative would be to have everything sea shipped, which is viable, but much slower.

I am open to all other suggestions though, so if anyone has any thoughts, I am all ears :)

As a consumer im less fussed about configuring a doll precisely so would be OK with just buying a pre-configured mass imported doll if it means shipping from within UK/France to my address is much faster since the doll is "in stock"

Having to wait 30+ days for your doll ( cos of manufacturing and importing ) is a significant barrier to purchase in my eyes.

The-Doll-House
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by The-Doll-House »

ancient wrote: As a consumer im less fussed about configuring a doll precisely so would be OK with just buying a pre-configured mass imported doll if it means shipping from within UK/France to my address is much faster since the doll is "in stock"

Having to wait 30+ days for your doll ( cos of manufacturing and importing ) is a significant barrier to purchase in my eyes.
How are you going to get any dolls in the country in the first place, to be able to have them in stock?
You're not going to be able to get ANY dolls if the couriers stop shipping them!
Do you get it now?

No dolls in the UK, means no vendor can deliver them to you.
What happens when Cloud Climax sell out of their stock???
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but stir debate here.

We have to take a large picture approach to what is happening here.
Again, if there are ideas, I am all ears.
Kind Regards,

Phil

The-Doll-House
https://www.the-doll-house.com
Buy Sex Dolls, Beautiful Full-Size & Fully Move-able, Just For You!

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

ancient wrote: As a consumer im less fussed about configuring a doll precisely so would be OK with just buying a pre-configured mass imported doll if it means shipping from within UK/France to my address is much faster since the doll is "in stock"

Nothing gets the wallet flowing like an impulsive "get it tomorrow!" shipping time :D

INFORMATIONS