Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

What is going on with Abyss?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

dollsforme

What is going on with Abyss?

Post by dollsforme »

I placed an order for WDRD on March 31 on send them my cc information on April 2 and my order is still onhold. I’ve attempted to contact Sam by email for the last several days and by phone today but no response. Is this great customer service? I am buying a RD and I shouldn’t be working this hard to communicate with someone. I am not sure if it Sam or the entire company doesn’t seem to care about a repeat customer.

Dollsforme

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: What is going on with Abyss?

Post by trauma »

With how much RDs cost these days I can definitely understand your frustrations.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Did you sent a PM to Brick, I'm sure he will assist you.

Brick

Post by Brick »

dollsforme wrote:I placed an order for WDRD on March 31 on send them my cc information on April 2 and my order is still onhold. I’ve attempted to contact Sam by email for the last several days and by phone today but no response. Is this great customer service? I am buying a RD and I shouldn’t be working this hard to communicate with someone. I am not sure if it Sam or the entire company doesn’t seem to care about a repeat customer.

Dollsforme
I am sorry your having such a problem with your order. I am not trying to make excuses, but Catherine's out out on Med. leave and Sam is getting hammered with orders. He really is peddling as fast as he can. He will get to you as quickly as possible. Please be patient and he will return your call/email...........sorry, Brick
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

dollsforme

Post by dollsforme »

Hey Brick, I know it is a tough time for everyone and most are still recovering from the pandemic. I think the frustration of not see any movement that I needed to vent my problem on this forum. Considering I will have to wait 6 plus months for my doll which I can mostly deal without losing my mind. I didn't think ordering a doll was going to have some additional issue but I am happy to say that it have all been resolved. Sometimes I can hate them but it is the only doll I will purchase now and in the future.
Brick wrote:
dollsforme wrote:I placed an order for WDRD on March 31 on send them my cc information on April 2 and my order is still onhold. I’ve attempted to contact Sam by email for the last several days and by phone today but no response. Is this great customer service? I am buying a RD and I shouldn’t be working this hard to communicate with someone. I am not sure if it Sam or the entire company doesn’t seem to care about a repeat customer.

Dollsforme
I am sorry your having such a problem with your order. I am not trying to make excuses, but Catherine's out out on Med. leave and Sam is getting hammered with orders. He really is peddling as fast as he can. He will get to you as quickly as possible. Please be patient and he will return your call/email...........sorry, Brick

Brick

Post by Brick »

dollsforme wrote:Hey Brick, I know it is a tough time for everyone and most are still recovering from the pandemic. I think the frustration of not see any movement that I needed to vent my problem on this forum. Considering I will have to wait 6 plus months for my doll which I can mostly deal without losing my mind. I didn't think ordering a doll was going to have some additional issue but I am happy to say that it have all been resolved. Sometimes I can hate them but it is the only doll I will purchase now and in the future.
Brick wrote:

Dollsforme
I know. It’s the love/hate relationship we all go through. If it’s any consolation, I think you will get your doll a lot quicker than you estimate :D

Lobo83
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Lobo83 »

To be fair they are working on orders like they should. I ordered a SenseX insert a couple of days ago. And I have to wait at least 10 to 20 weeks (Is what I got on the email).

Covid doesn't help either.

Patience is key...
> > > She just arrived 163F Kaleesi/Althea NormonDoll : viewtopic.php?p=2478630#p2478630 < < <

DutchDoll Tiana + FunWestDoll Cammy/Jinx + Lara Croft GLD
Tifa Lockhart GLD viewtopic.php?t=159320
Mini She-Hulk ITD : viewtopic.php?t=161994
WH. Miki ITD : viewtopic.php?p=2242804#p2242804
Lola ITD : viewtopic.php?p=2255217#p2255217

Brick

Post by Brick »

Lobo83 wrote:To be fair they are working on orders like they should. I ordered a SenseX insert a couple of days ago. And I have to wait at least 10 to 20 weeks (Is what I got on the email).

Covid doesn't help either.

Patience is key...
Yeah, that is because of a rare earth mineral needed to make the sensor in the sensex. Its coming from China and because of the tariffs from the Dump :twisted: administration, china is taking their time to fill orders..... :x

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

I'm interested in getting a SenseX insert/app for my dolls. I've heard rumors that they will have an upgraded version coming with multiple sensors sometime in the near future. With a 20 week wait for the current version, should I hold out for more news and announcements from the company or start the ordering process now?

Lobo83
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Lobo83 »

Gaijin wrote:I'm interested in getting a SenseX insert/app for my dolls. I've heard rumors that they will have an upgraded version coming with multiple sensors sometime in the near future. With a 20 week wait for the current version, should I hold out for more news and announcements from the company or start the ordering process now?
Don't quote me on this... But a senseX insert should work just fine right now. If the apps get updated then you should still be able to use the SenseX at all times.
So why not order now?
> > > She just arrived 163F Kaleesi/Althea NormonDoll : viewtopic.php?p=2478630#p2478630 < < <

DutchDoll Tiana + FunWestDoll Cammy/Jinx + Lara Croft GLD
Tifa Lockhart GLD viewtopic.php?t=159320
Mini She-Hulk ITD : viewtopic.php?t=161994
WH. Miki ITD : viewtopic.php?p=2242804#p2242804
Lola ITD : viewtopic.php?p=2255217#p2255217

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

If there's a hardware upgrade in the near future, I'd rather get that. Or, at least see how the pricing changes between newer and older versions.

easycompany14
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by easycompany14 »

Gaijin wrote:I'm interested in getting a SenseX insert/app for my dolls. I've heard rumors that they will have an upgraded version coming with multiple sensors sometime in the near future. With a 20 week wait for the current version, should I hold out for more news and announcements from the company or start the ordering process now?
Hi Gaijin! I think you should wait for the upgraded version. I own the current SenseX and while the tech might seem innovative, I have to be honest. It is quite lacking. The device in the insert simply detects movement, sending a signal to the app to play a number of responses on repeat. After the doll "orgasms," it simply loops the moaning sounds again. Some might find this enjoyable and satisfactory, but I found it disappointing and do not think it is worth the asking price of $500 USD, especially considering this same technology exists in many competitor dolls as an upgrade for $100-$200 extra. There's no real interactivity. For example, it'd be nice if the SenseX would detect stroking speed, making the doll moan faster or louder if you go faster. Or making the doll say a line like "baby, don't stop!" if you slow to a stop before it reaches "orgasm." Hopefully, this will be doable with multiple sensors, also detecting how "deep" the stroke is and making the doll react accordingly. Imagine if the doll had its own sexual preferences (allowing you to customize it) and knew what you were doing to it so it would react either positively or negatively, telling you what it wanted. That'd be amazing! As I said, when the current version detects movement inside the insert, the app simply plays moaning sounds on a loop. If you want to feel like your doll is "truly" reacting to your loving, you might want to hold out. Hopefully, Abyss will add some of these features in the next version! Again, their tech is innovative and impressive but it still has some ways to go imo.

Brick

Post by Brick »

easycompany14 wrote:
Hi Gaijin! I think you should wait for the upgraded version. I own the current SenseX and while the tech might seem innovative, I have to be honest. It is quite lacking. The device in the insert simply detects movement, sending a signal to the app to play a number of responses on repeat. After the doll "orgasms," it simply loops the moaning sounds again. Some might find this enjoyable and satisfactory, but I found it disappointing and do not think it is worth the asking price of $500 USD, especially considering this same technology exists in many competitor dolls as an upgrade for $100-$200 extra. There's no real interactivity. For example, it'd be nice if the SenseX would detect stroking speed, making the doll moan faster or louder if you go faster. Or making the doll say a line like "baby, don't stop!" if you slow to a stop before it reaches "orgasm." Hopefully, this will be doable with multiple sensors, also detecting how "deep" the stroke is and making the doll react accordingly. Imagine if the doll had its own sexual preferences (allowing you to customize it) and knew what you were doing to it so it would react either positively or negatively, telling you what it wanted. That'd be amazing! As I said, when the current version detects movement inside the insert, the app simply plays moaning sounds on a loop. If you want to feel like your doll is "truly" reacting to your loving, you might want to hold out. Hopefully, Abyss will add some of these features in the next version! Again, their tech is innovative and impressive but it still has some ways to go imo.
The xmode 3 should be released end of the year. It may have moan delay and the desktop version being released after the first of the year, will have some scripting for sex mode orgasm. This will not require a new sensex insert. So if you want to start it now you can....

easycompany14
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by easycompany14 »

Brick wrote:
easycompany14 wrote:
The xmode 3 should be released end of the year. It may have moan delay and the desktop version being released after the first of the year, will have some scripting for sex mode orgasm. This will not require a new sensex insert. So if you want to start it now you can....
Brick,

That sounds great! Glad to see they're innovating and will be releasing these updates sooner than expected! And the fact that these features will be compatible with the current version makes it more worthwhile and shows that Abyss cares about its customers (instead of simply trying to get us to buy a whole new version)! I'm looking forward to testing xmode 3! Thanks for the update and letting us know!

Brick

Post by Brick »

easycompany14 wrote:
Brick wrote:
easycompany14 wrote:
Brick,

That sounds great! Glad to see they're innovating and will be releasing these updates sooner than expected! And the fact that these features will be compatible with the current version makes it more worthwhile and shows that Abyss cares about its customers (instead of simply trying to get us to buy a whole new version)! I'm looking forward to testing xmode 3! Thanks for the update and letting us know!
Well, I have learned R&D is more complex than I had imagined. There is a lot more coding, programming and testing for a simple behavior upgrade to work. (moan delay) so that a moan coincides with depth of thrust inside the insert. The program has to see the speed of the thrust and adjust the moan, so that its not cut off by the next thrust, this is a problem they are working on now...

INFORMATIONS