www.the-doll-house.com

Case for seizure

The-Doll-House is a UK retailer of Premium quality, photorealistic, kinaesthetically convincing, high-end, luxury Silicone and TPE Sex/Love dolls, delivered to all Continents. All responsibility for EU Import Duty and Customs & Excise costs are assumed by The-Doll-House. No hidden costs incurred with purchases from The-Doll-House. Some of the best UK Sex Doll prices can be found at The-Doll-House. We are waiting for you!
Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Case for seizure

Post by Socratus »

Mynameissss wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:12 am
Socratus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:08 am Well my doll is on the way, but today when checking UPS I get "Delay. Security check!"

Could that be customs sticking their noses in?
Sounds like it. Mine was in customs and has never left. its been nearly 2 months. UPS Says its lost, customs says it was sitting in their warehouse. now its just MIA.
So what happened? Did you get your money back?

I'm not worried yet. I think it's a check on it's way out of Hong kong, seems too soon to be at the Uk already. But we will see.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Mr_RubberLubber

Post by Mr_RubberLubber »

Socratus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:52 am
Socratus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:08 am Well my doll is on the way, but today when checking UPS I get "Delay. Security check!"

Sounds like it. Mine was in customs and has never left. its been nearly 2 months. UPS Says its lost, customs says it was sitting in their warehouse. now its just MIA.
So what happened? Did you get your money back?

I'm not worried yet. I think it's a check on it's way out of Hong kong, seems too soon to be at the Uk already. But we will see.
Ooof. I hope for your sake its not UK customs - those guys are a law unto themselves. What doll did you order?

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Mr_RubberLubber wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:59 am
Ooof. I hope for your sake its not UK customs - those guys are a law unto themselves. What doll did you order?
It's a Fire Doll 163cm D-Cup. Almost as tall as I am. Phil assured me that as long as it isn't 150cm or below it should be ok.

Again, I'm not worried yet. I expect customs to have a nose, but I don't assume anything. You just don't know with this country today.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Mr_RubberLubber

Post by Mr_RubberLubber »

Socratus wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:03 am
It's a Fire Doll 163cm D-Cup. Almost as tall as I am. Phil assured me that as long as it isn't 150cm or below it should be ok.

Again, I'm not worried yet. I expect customs to have a nose, but I don't assume anything. You just don't know with this country today.
You should be fine with that. And Phil knows what he's talking about.

It mights just have lots of customs officer hand prints all over it when it reaches you :lol:

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Mr_RubberLubber wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:16 am

You should be fine with that. And Phil knows what he's talking about.

It mights just have lots of customs officer hand prints all over it when it reaches you :lol:
Thanks. That helps.

Bah. I don't want customs hands abusing my lady! Gonna have to give her a good clean! :lol:

Zlamvam
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Zlamvam »

Did not read all of this, but I think I got the basics of it all, and all I can say that this all of it is just quite simply too stupid a case.
And this is over a Doll that is in general fully legal, but was destroyed by the Police itself, and...
Cmon, seriously... This is just stupid. I rest my case.

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

Ive never had that before, usually when they are going to open a package (because when it arrives I get border force tape on it) I get a warehouse scan then something about “your package is at a secure facility waiting release from a government agency, once they release it will be on It’s way” and depending on the time they take various warehouse scans

And that was a with a doll head i recently purchased she turned up earlier this week with border force tape on the box, never had that with a doll head before, for the past 3 years doll heads i ordered just flew through customs,i had it with a torso doll a year ago and she turned up fine again with border force tape all over the box

Floop

Post by Floop »

The concept of size as the measure for determining the intended maturity of the synthetic subject (i.e., the doll) simply does not settle with me (and never has). I argue that a doll who is filled out like an adult woman (or that exhibits the qualities of an adult female) is readily distinguishable on its own visual merits, but especially when juxtapose with dolls whose less mature designs are conspicuous. If an agency, namely a Federal one, is going to instruct seizure of dolls for this very reason, it is more than reasonable to assume they'd have some sort of training--worth about 1-2 hours--accompanied by packets, slide shows or charts that show these conspicuous differences. As an aside, I've always wondered if you give a pedo a doll, would they be less likely to offend in the real world ? . . . Perhaps this is not the place for that line of discussion . . .

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Floop wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:12 am

The concept of size as the measure for determining the intended maturity of the synthetic subject (i.e., the doll) simply does not settle with me (and never has). I argue that a doll who is filled out like an adult woman (or that exhibits the qualities of an adult female) is readily distinguishable on its own visual merits, but especially when juxtapose with dolls whose less mature designs are conspicuous. If an agency, namely a Federal one, is going to instruct seizure of dolls for this very reason, it is more than reasonable to assume they'd have some sort of training--worth about 1-2 hours--accompanied by packets, slide shows or charts that show these conspicuous differences. As an aside, I've always wondered if you give a pedo a doll, would they be less likely to offend in the real world ? . . . Perhaps this is not the place for that line of discussion . . .
As an artist, I could go on for centuries how ludicrous those rules are, but yea, this isn't the place for it even though it would make no difference anyway.

Anyway, I have a message my parcel's cleared customs, so all going well it should arrive Wednesday. I'll be watching for it. I'm taking nothing for granted.

Edit p.s. Checked a few hours later, now it says "Clearance in Progress." What the?

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

All's good- It arrived at last. Had to flag down UPS (in front of a COP car!) as I was convinced he would've driven right past my place. he did say he was having trouble. He was good though, actually helped me get the thing in!

Yep, customs Boirderforce had to look. She was in face down (I'm sure it should be face up) and one of her eyes had popped out and an eyelash loose (which I put back easy enough). No real damage. but, man, the WEIGHT! Technically it's not that heavy, but getting a hold on her softy TPE body and getting her out without ruining anything took some thought!

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

Socratus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:08 am All's good- It arrived at last. Had to flag down UPS (in front of a COP car!) as I was convinced he would've driven right past my place. he did say he was having trouble. He was good though, actually helped me get the thing in!

Yep, customs Boirderforce had to look. She was in face down (I'm sure it should be face up) and one of her eyes had popped out and an eyelash loose (which I put back easy enough). No real damage. but, man, the WEIGHT! Technically it's not that heavy, but getting a hold on her softy TPE body and getting her out without ruining anything took some thought!
Congrats glad to hear she arrived, ha reminds me of the time my very first tpe doll arrived, she was so soft and feeling her through the plastic wrapping when trying to lift her out felt like I would damage her, but it was all good

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

danDub wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:20 am
Socratus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:08 am All's good- It arrived at last. Had to flag down UPS (in front of a COP car!) as I was convinced he would've driven right past my place. he did say he was having trouble. He was good though, actually helped me get the thing in!

Congrats glad to hear she arrived, ha reminds me of the time my very first tpe doll arrived, she was so soft and feeling her through the plastic wrapping when trying to lift her out felt like I would damage her, but it was all good
Hah. thanks.

Floop

Post by Floop »

Awesome, dude. Glad to read it's all over--until the next one!

:lol:

ancient

Post by ancient »

What is the resolution for this, will you be getting any money back, will UPS offer any refund.

IF a doll can just go missing and your out of pocket it may never be safe to order a doll ever again. We know that border force are opening every doll box now

JackieDoll+44
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by JackieDoll+44 »

I had recently ordered a 140 cm Ariel from Silicone is going through slow shipping to the UK. Are there less risks posed compared to express delivery that requires the package to be scanned at airports?

INFORMATIONS